PDA

View Full Version : Snyder just called...

firehawk157
09-27-2009, 06:29 PM
And he wants YOU to right the ship! That's right, fix the Redskins. What do you do?

As for me, I fire our DL coach, Blanche, Zorn, Sherman Smith and our receivers coach. The second they get off the plane today, hand them another ticket to wherever they live. See ya later, but go.

I promote Olivadotti to DC and tell him he's playing for his job. Jerry Gray remains the secondary coach for the time being and just take what lumps you will. Promote Buges to the HC and let him know it's for the interim. Keep my eye open for a HC among the ranks. Ask James Thrash very nicely to coach our receivers and then hire somebody else if they don't start producing.

In the offseason, SERIOUSLY bolster our scouting department. I want a scout for each division in the NFL. I want a scout for the east coast, west coast, midwest, southwest, south and new england as well as one for D-2 and below. Trade Portis (I love him but he can get us a mid-round pick). Cut Betts, Cartwright, Moss, Heyer, Rabach, Griffin, Golston (penalty waiting to happen), Daniels, Wynn, Carter, Fletcher (sorry, great player still but we won't win while he's still in his 30s), Rogers (what happened to you) and Randy Thomas. A couple of players I'd keep on potential or talent (Haynesworth for example).

Of course, assuming I WAS Snyder, I'd just say, find me the best football mind that we can lure over here and let him know that he has the reigns and I expect results by year 3.

SpicyMcHaggis
09-27-2009, 06:32 PM
Two pretty clear options, assuming I were Snyder:

1)Sell the team.

or

2)Get a frontal lobotomy.

On the other hand, if I were not Snyder, I would do the following:
1)Give Snyder a frontal lobotomy.

Death_Venom
09-27-2009, 06:36 PM
Trade Portis (I love him but he can get us a mid-round pick).

Dumping the best weapon (and player) on offense is a BAD idea. Personally I would rebuild the team around the RB position-Portis still has plenty of mileage left.

IMO this team has plenty of talent left to be competitive. I would address the major issues:

-Offensive Line depth
-Wide Reciever
-Back-up Running Back
-Back-up Quarterback
-Cornerback depth

Dolla Bill
09-27-2009, 06:51 PM
We can't really trade anyone due to not knowing who the next head coach is. What kind of offense we will have. I'd love to trade Moss, and go strictly with Kelly, Mitchell, Thomas, and ARE.

jtovb2005
Dumping the best weapon (and player) on offense is a BAD idea. Personally I would rebuild the team around the RB position-Portis still has plenty of mileage left.

IMO this team has plenty of talent left to be competitive. I would address the major issues:

-Offensive Line depth
-Wide Reciever
-Back-up Running Back
-Back-up Quarterback
-Cornerback depth

I think firehawk is saying to address those we will need to trade some talent.

csquared
Id hang up on his ass.

Patrick
09-27-2009, 06:53 PM
Ask him to sign ownership of the team over to me .........:)

Death_Venom
09-27-2009, 06:54 PM
I think firehawk is saying to address those we will need to trade some talent.

We have Free Agency and the Draft. That is how we rebuild the team. There are certain players I would trade or cut:

-Betts
-Fletcher
-Moss
-Randle El
-Cartright

At least that is how we SHOULD HAVE rebuilt and restructured this team.

smoak
09-27-2009, 06:55 PM
Highjack the team plan and land it in dallass... Or anywhere that will take this sack of crap. I'd rather start fresh with untalented players that have heart.

csquared
09-27-2009, 06:56 PM
We have Free Agency and the Draft. That is how we rebuild the team. There are certain players I would trade or cut:

-Betts
-Fletcher
-Moss
-Randle El
-Cartright

At least that is how we SHOULD HAVE rebuilt and restructured this team.

And trading all of those guys may get us a Dennys Grand Slam breakfast in return. Seriously who wants our garbage?

JasonCampbell
09-27-2009, 06:57 PM
Ride the season as is, then talk after the season.

firehawk157
09-27-2009, 06:59 PM
And trading all of those guys may get us a Dennys Grand Slam breakfast in return. Seriously who wants our garbage?
True, there are very few guys we have that we can trade for something appreciable. Portis is the only one who isn't going to be good in 3-4 years.

Death_Venom
09-27-2009, 06:59 PM

Trust me there are plenty teams that still have it in their head that S. Moss is somehow related R. Moss and therefore must be a great player.

Besides do not forget the old addage: "One teams garbage is another teams treasure" or at least the Saints think so......

firehawk157
09-27-2009, 07:01 PM
Trust me there are plenty teams that still have it in their head that S. Moss is somehow related R. Moss and therefore must be a great player.

Besides do not forget the old addage: "One teams garbage is another teams treasure" or at least the Saints think so......
Drew Brees just called and said, "F-U, look at the record and offensive stats"

Fathead
09-27-2009, 07:01 PM
Fire the entire organization from top to bottom. Owner, staff, support staff, players.

RedskinsDave
09-27-2009, 07:02 PM
I'd hand him a gun and tell him to do the right thing.

inevitable
09-27-2009, 07:02 PM
I, too, would fire Greg Blache, and promote K.O. with the single goal being to bring pressure and to hell with the consequences. I would fire Vinny Cerato and bring in an actual GM who understands what goes into the scouting/evaluation process. Said GM would be responsible for finding a head coach who can take accountability for the entire team, and would be the ultimate decision maker for both sides of the football. I would abolish the term "associate" and "assistant" as it pertains to the head coaching position.

I would have said GM hire coordinators who know their role and who can take criticism when it is necessary. A roster purge would be required to get rid of this scum stuck to this bottom of this ship.

Death_Venom
09-27-2009, 07:03 PM
Drew Brees just called and said, "F-U, look at the record and offensive stats"

I would cut off my right arm & yours to have Drew Brees here.

firehawk157
09-27-2009, 07:05 PM
I would cut off my right arm & yours to have Drew Brees here.
I woud argue that Drew Brees would be wasted with this coaching staff. I would willingly give you that right arm for a real GM and HC though.

Death_Venom
09-27-2009, 07:08 PM
I woud argue that Drew Brees would be wasted with this coaching staff. I would willingly give you that right arm for a real GM and HC though.

I think that is a given. Our coaching staff is worth crap. We can always hope that Synder comes to grips with reality and cleans house and restores some respectability to this franchise. We have hit the lowest point I can recall in recent memory...........

Skin-E-Dip
09-27-2009, 07:13 PM
I think we need to make small changes but not just go chopping heads. At this rate, Snyder is looking like an east coast Al Davis....which is aweful because at least the raiders know that Al will be kicking the bucket sooner or later.

We need to hush with this firing stuff until there is a legitamately talented person who can take over and wants the job. Zorn should be stripped of play calling duties but remain as head coach at least until we are officially out of playoff contention.

Portis is great and getting rid of him would be idiotic. The problem is that defense know that the redskins play a scared-to-score offense with an QB who can never step up in crunch time. So they simply shut down the only weapon the Skin have. Now Portis needs help to with RB relief and Betts/Cartright isnt the change of pace runner that can balance Portis and keep defenses honest. If Alridge or Mitchell dont see playing time in the second half of this season then this team truely has no hope.

skinsfan36
09-27-2009, 07:25 PM
id bring the following into my office and give them there pink slips
betts,cartwright,daniels,wynn,blache,gray,olivadat ti,sherman smith,zorn.

id find an oc and dc off the scrapheap.

id then get shanny and say build your staff

BIGREDSKINSFAN1963
09-27-2009, 07:32 PM
snyder is gonna fire somebody's a$$ here.look at how pissed he looks!(lol)

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/skinsloselions09a.jpg

Canuck
09-27-2009, 07:38 PM
First thing I'd do is fire Vinny. I'd make a strong push for DeCosta from the Ravens as his replacement.

I'd leave Zorn in place, fire Blache and promote Gray to DC.

redskin_rich
09-27-2009, 08:22 PM
Two pretty clear options, assuming I were Snyder:

1)Sell the team.

or

2)Get a frontal lobotomy.

On the other hand, if I were not Snyder, I would do the following:
1)Give Snyder a frontal lobotomy.
Winner! But, sell the team first.

DannySnyder
09-27-2009, 10:19 PM
I have decided that we will take the lets see what happens next approach.

BTW, I got Tom's autograph so the day wasnt that bad.

redskin_rich
09-27-2009, 10:25 PM
I have decided that we will take the lets see what happens next approach.

BTW, I got Tom's autograph so the day wasnt that bad.

Please listen and obey. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubs43ahU6BM)

NamVet4
09-28-2009, 10:20 AM
The first thing I would do would be to run the numbers forecast past Daniel Snyder and say:
"If you don't fix this mess you call a Team, your investment is going to spiral down into a dung heap!"

Believe me, the market runs a lot on perception....

If Daniel Snyder grasps that point and gets it past his ego, there is an outside chance that he will actively seek a competent GM to start rebuilding this once proud franchise.
The rest follows from that if you want to succeed.

Hr fan
09-28-2009, 10:25 AM
I'd hand him a gun and tell him to do the right thing.

+1 LMAO. But convincing him to sell might be easier.

Emmanouel8
09-28-2009, 10:44 AM
I'd tell him to call a GM and figure it out.