PDA

View Full Version : Montgomery being shopped per PFT

Santheb
10-13-2009, 01:59 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/13/redskins-shopping-anthony-montgomery/

Redskins defensive tackle Anthony Montgomery was displaced in the starting lineup by Albert Haynesworth this offseason, and now might be sent right off the roster.

A league source tells PFT's Mike Florio that Montgomery is being shopped in advance of next week's trading deadline.

A starter for 21 games between 2007-2008, Montgomery has not been active this season.

The decision to shop Montgomery comes after the team found out that Philip Daniels will play through a torn biceps, and the team re-signed Renaldo Wynn Monday.

So we resigned two old guys and even though one of them is injured we're just gonna let him keep playing...but this young cat, he needs to go.

Ugh.

skinfan43
10-13-2009, 02:16 PM
Par for the course around Redskins Park... what else can be said about our once-storied-now-sorry franchise?

I prefer to watch my Phillies, a real team with owners who paid good money for a legendary GM (Pat Gillick) who rebuilt the team, won a WS, and taught the current GM (Ruben Amaro Jr.) the ropes. Ownership gets the hell out of the way and reaps the rewards, by allowing the proven GM/FO to resign proven players and by pumping alot of money into scouting and player development in their minor league system (Utley, Howard, Rollins, Hamels, Happ, Ruiz, to name a few), plucking KEY free agents (Werth, Ibanez, Victorino, Feliz, Martinez), and making smart but significant trades (Blanton, Lee, and Lidge). Should be a great NLCS rematch:)

(And I really hope I can get as excited as I have been for the last few years regarding the Phillies about Redskins football one of these years, hopefully sooner than not, before apathy is cemented into my being for good...)

joethefan
10-13-2009, 02:29 PM
I should have coached little league this year....at least I know I would have a smile on saturdays....to make up for sundays.....

this is not directed at the poster, but who cares....if montgomery cannot scout talent, draft well and create an identitiy, then I could care less.

dj_stouty
10-13-2009, 02:32 PM
Montgomery is just another one of many many, many examples in the NFL of a player who doesn't want to earn his job through hard work and performance. He is clearly no where near a starting-caliber DT on this squad. Don't want to compete and prove your worth? Then get lost. You will probably find a better team anyway...

nicefellow31
10-13-2009, 02:40 PM
While Montgomery has not played up to his potential, it doesn't make any sense to me to trade him and put you hopes on old a$$ Daniels who wasn't doing much while healthy and will be doing less with a torn bicep. Supposedly Daniel's strength is his strength, so how strong will he be with a torn bicep?

MONK_in_HOF
10-13-2009, 02:41 PM
Who is going to give up anything for a player who is inactive weekly for the Skins?

shally
10-13-2009, 03:02 PM
get anything they can get for him...

bigcmr
10-13-2009, 03:03 PM
We might get intrest he does have the tools to be a starter.

shally
10-13-2009, 03:05 PM

...if someone can actually get him to learn some technique to get his lazy Azz LOWER

he is young and healthy, so i think someone will roll a 6th or 7th rounder on him...fine with me..

CNYSkinFan
10-13-2009, 03:06 PM

I predict we may get only a scrub ol (which would be great actually).

No one will give us draft picks for this wo9rthless SOB, unless Vinny cloned himself and got the clone hired to another team

shally
10-13-2009, 03:08 PM

No one will give us draft picks for this wo9rthless SOB, unless Vinny cloned himself and got the clone hired to another team

backup Offensive lineman in exchange for him would be fine by me....

Monk4HOF
10-13-2009, 03:17 PM
I hope the plan is to trade him for an o-lineman with at least some starting experience.

LATrueRedskin
10-13-2009, 03:17 PM
Who in their right mind would trade anything for Montgomery?

Axegrinder
10-13-2009, 03:27 PM
I can think of at least 52 other players who wouldn't mind being on the trading block.

Redskin4Life
10-13-2009, 03:34 PM
Okay... so how's this move part of the "youth movement" plan??? Keeping two guys in their last year's in the league while giving up on a guy that was a starter for us two seasons ago???

Want an OLinemen? Just IR PDaniels or cut Wynn and bring in Kendall for effing sake?!?!?

GreenspanDan
10-13-2009, 03:35 PM
i'm sure vinnie would cough up a second rounder for him.

no GM in their right mind would trade more than a 6th rounder.

CarMike
10-13-2009, 03:37 PM
Montgomery is just another one of many many, many examples in the NFL of a player who doesn't want to earn his job through hard work and performance. He is clearly no where near a starting-caliber DT on this squad. Don't want to compete and prove your worth? Then get lost. You will probably find a better team anyway...

that's probably why he's lazy. Looking for a way to get traded.

Axegrinder
10-13-2009, 03:38 PM
Where's John Jansen when you need him? Oh yeah... we cut him, so he could ride the pine in Motown.

shally
10-13-2009, 03:47 PM
i'm sure vinnie would cough up a second rounder for him.

no GM in their right mind would trade more than a 6th rounder.

a 6th would be found money.. especially if we have a new personnel man this offseason..

Jon Creveling
10-13-2009, 03:47 PM
Find it odd that they would offer the kid up. While not a gem by any stretch of the imagination, the kid did have some very good games late in 07.

Is the kid Lazy? I've heard that mentioned in reports.

He had seemed to be placed in Gregs doghouse seemingly to never be allowed out. I dunno as much as I (and others!) have bitched and moaned about Greg if it was up to me I'd keep the kid around and see if a future coach could work on the kid and make something out of him next year.

As others have alluded to this is probably an attempt to catch a fish for another teams Heyer-like players.

I dunno and realy don't care one way or the other.

BIGREDSKINSFAN1963
10-13-2009, 04:45 PM
vinny ceratto!:Peace:

skinsfan36
10-13-2009, 07:13 PM

lol a scrub olinemen is a huge upgrade over most of our line. heck id take fabini over bmw

carolina?san diego? to cleveland for quinn lol?

tuckahoeskin
10-13-2009, 07:18 PM

Vinny would, if Monty came in a Broncos jersey and Shanahan were still their Coach/GM.

colkurtz
10-13-2009, 07:38 PM
If we're trying to get a draft pick for him - great.

However, we'll be lucky to get anything. Maybe a 7th.

I have a feeling there are going to be A LOT of players on the bloack after this season. Snyderrato wants to get as many draft picks as possible to bait potential Head Coaches. Of course if Vinny is picking those to draft - what good is it?

Redskinmayhem
10-13-2009, 07:39 PM
Alot of people here don't like AMont but lets be honest, he hasn't exactly gotten his fair shot this season has he? I mean, Daniels? Wynn??? lol...

Once again, we keep the over-priced, brittle oldies in place of a younger guy who, with the proper fire lit under his ar$e could actually be pretty decent.

skinsfan36
10-13-2009, 07:48 PM
a 6th would be found money.. especially if we have a new personnel man this offseason..

imo id like to collect 1st,6th,7th rounders.
i mean look at the last two drafts
crap in the 2nd last year.
orakpo in the 1st
recent 6ths-golston(hes serviceable),moore,brennan
7ths-mitchell,horton

then the mid round picks ugh

skinsfan36
10-13-2009, 07:49 PM
Alot of people here don't like AMont but lets be honest, he hasn't exactly gotten his fair shot this season has he? I mean, Daniels? Wynn??? lol...

Once again, we keep the over-priced, brittle oldies in place of a younger guy who, with the proper fire lit under his ar$e could actually be pretty decent.

he was a beast in 2006 imo.well consistently good

smoak
10-13-2009, 08:13 PM
There are maybe 5 guys on the roster I wouldn't trade for a ~ fourth round pick. For Monty, I would takethT bag of inferior Utz chips.

LadyNRedskinsfan
10-13-2009, 08:24 PM
Just Lorenzo Alexander him and put him at OT. We can use all the help we can get, lol.

Redskin4Life
10-14-2009, 02:26 PM
Just Lorenzo Alexander him and put him at OT. We can use all the help we can get, lol.
While you might be teasing about this Lady, why can't this be a reality??? Definitely not at OT but I mean couldn't we put him in at RG??? That would solve two issues at the same time... using Montgomery and getting some OL help.

ChiefPowhatan17
10-14-2009, 02:49 PM
Typical Vinny personnel moves, keep all the old guys. Good job Vinny!