PDA

View Full Version : Pro Football Focus Ratings for the Skins

nicefellow31
11-17-2009, 06:21 AM
I discovered this site this season. Pro Football Focus Ratings employees a team of evaluators to watch all games. They provide a rating for every player on every team in a number of categories. Basically a rating of zero is about average for a player. Here's a link. They are probably not telling you anything that you can't see with your own eyes, but it's an interesting site to evaluate player performance.

http://profootballfocus.com/by_team.php?tab=by_team&season=2009&teamid=32&stats=&gameid=

BTW, Sanata Moss was named to the GOAT Team for week 9. Here is what they had to say about him. Sounds like something our very own AKH would write.

Wide Receiver – Marques Colston and Santana Moss

Colston was put in a position numerous times to make (admittedly tough) plays by Drew Brees and he was unable to. Other than a 45 yard gain, Colston didn’t catch any of the 6 balls thrown his way but did manage to drop an incredible 4 balls. For a receiver of any quality that’s terrible. For someone with his ability that is inexcusable. As for Moss he was the beneficiary of some accurate throws from Jason Campbell but didn’t capitalise. He turned 8 throws into 45 yards but dropped a terrible 3 balls, including one deep ball that would have put the Redskins in excellent field position.

Gravy
11-17-2009, 06:31 AM
I discovered this site this season. Pro Football Focus Ratings employees a team of evaluators to watch all games. They provide a rating for every player on every team in a number of categories. Basically a rating of zero is about average for a player. Here's a link. They are probably not telling you anything that you can't see with your own eyes, but it's an interesting site to evaluate player performance.

http://profootballfocus.com/by_team.php?tab=by_team&season=2009&teamid=32&stats=&gameid=

BTW, Sanata Moss was named to the GOAT Team for week 9. Here is what they had to say about him. Sounds like something our very own AKH would write.

Hey Thanks...interesting site...

BurgundyNGold
11-17-2009, 07:12 AM
Awesome find, Nice. This really illustrates exactly who is doing what on each play.

Red Bear
11-17-2009, 07:50 AM
moss didnt drop that deep ball, campbell overthrew him by like 4 yards. while moss hasnt done much this year, i dont see how anyone can place blame on him for that, he did his part to get wide open, campbell did not do his job and deliver an accurate football

The Iceman
11-17-2009, 08:13 AM
moss didnt drop that deep ball, campbell overthrew him by like 4 yards. while moss hasnt done much this year, i dont see how anyone can place blame on him for that, he did his part to get wide open, campbell did not do his job and deliver an accurate football

agreed, but that is just one play. there have been many that Moss has screwed up. He's got to be among the league leaders in drops at this point in the season.

SkinsfaninNJ
11-17-2009, 08:27 AM

I haven't looked at the site yet, but week 9 was the Atlanta game. They may be talking about the fade stop that hit Moss in the chest at around the 5 yard line that he just dropped. Moss also dropped another shorter pass and didn't come up with the Collins throw. It would have been a great catch from a very good throw that did hit him in the hands. Moss was brutal in the Atlanta game.

akhhorus
11-17-2009, 08:49 AM
All you need to know about Moss' season is that he has 35% of his yardage in 1 game(Detroit).

The Iceman
11-17-2009, 10:20 AM
All you need to know about Moss' season is that he has 35% of his yardage in 1 game(Detroit).

and most of those yards on one play

Farmer Ted
11-17-2009, 10:47 AM
I think Moss may have been shut down a bit after the ridiculous face mask by Ayers on the punt return. That must've hurt like hell, it looked like Ayers was trying to break his neck. Not only was he tugging on the mask, but he had him by the back of the helmet. Ayers should get a fine for it, and Dawkins should be fined for his elbow strike on Cartwright, but I'm sure that nothing will happen. I was just glad that they finally decided to throw the flag on the face mask.

shally
11-17-2009, 10:51 AM
I think Moss may have been shut down a bit after the ridiculous face mask by Ayers on the punt return. That must've hurt like hell, it looked like Ayers was trying to break his neck. Not only was he tugging on the mask, but he had him by the back of the helmet. Ayers should get a fine for it, and Dawkins should be fined for his elbow strike on Cartwright, but I'm sure that nothing will happen. I was just glad that they finally decided to throw the flag on the face mask.

i would not be so sure about that.. the league is pretty vigorous when it comes to plays with intent to injure, or a high probability of causing injury.. the dawkins play could have resulted in ejection, it was the type of play that could have easily caused a concussion. he should be fined, and i commented on that in the thread as the play happened..

nicefellow31
11-17-2009, 02:30 PM

Week 9 was the Atlanta game, not this past one. They got Santana with a lot of negatives this year, which I think we all know is pretty accurate. If you get a chance, check out their site.