PDA

View Full Version : This Ole Fart "Skins vs Broncos"

hail2skins
11-18-2009, 09:44 AM
The old man has returned from his self imposed exile, and business imposed conference. Some of the season long gloom has lifted and here are a few his thoughts.

This Ole Fart Thinks (http://www.hailredskins.com/?p=739)

shane88
11-18-2009, 10:06 AM
Well done, Shally!

silverspring
11-18-2009, 11:29 AM
Shally nice write up. I would disagree with putting any major effort into extending levi jones. First of all do you know how long we have him for now? I figure we either signed him to a 1 year or 2 year deal, if it is the latter I would leave it at that. This guy has had one good game, in the previous game he looked horrible. He has a major injury history and is 30 years old. Signing him to a long term deal would put us in a similar situation we are in now with our currently aging and often injured linemen. If jones finishes out the season i would try to keep him for one more, but that is it.

I also wouldn't move dockery. Dockery is barely an above average lg, lets not play him out of position.

I totally agree about jarmon. Although frankly I am just happy we are seeing a supplemental draft guy getting that much playing time.

I really wonder about the sherman lewis play calling. When I watch the game the plays seem about the same, yet the offense has moved the ball a bit better. The difference in the play calls themselves seems somewhat small to me. Do you think it is the play calls or maybe the improved performance of the running game which i don't think has anything to do with the play calling?

I really hope we pull off the dallas win.

shally
11-18-2009, 12:06 PM
i think all we have jones for is the rest of this season..we need to think long and hard about him, but i would favor getting him under contract because there is no way we can find 2 starting tackles in the off season with the limited number of draft picks we have-- and the other needs as well

he will give us flexibility because he can play either R or L

Oregonian
11-18-2009, 03:35 PM
Nice writeup.

Really I agree with just about anything.

I do agree that the Broncos were mostly paper tigers (to mix species).

I do also agree that this team has some 'upset specials' left in them.

Dallas will be a much tougher test, especially being in Dallas. Let's see how much if any momentum we can carry down there.

Ibleedburgundy
11-18-2009, 03:37 PM
I enjoyed it Shally. You started out grumpy but after the win you just couldn't hide the optimism. I pretty much agree with everything you said. If the skins don't get good pressure next week, it could get ugly.

shally
11-18-2009, 05:08 PM
as long as Blache is running the defense, i expect to see no consistency..

Death_Venom
11-18-2009, 11:20 PM
Nice write up again Shally. BUT I would not glamorize Betts recent performance too much, nor would I EVER take him over Portis. Again injuries are part of the game-luckily Orakpo disabled Horton for the remainder of the game to give the Skins an opportunity at winning.