PDA

View Full Version : Weird prediction from Shally

shally
11-20-2009, 11:32 AM
i was just thinking about how weird the situations are in both Oakland and in Washington,and the thought struck me as to what might happen after this year..

Al Davis will fire Tom Cable after this year

They have a QB who needs developing, and need a Head Coach who is non confrontational

The Redskins will fire Zorn after 2 years at the end of the season

Davis is a notorious skin flint

Zorn is a West Coast kind of guy, and will come cheap because he will still be being paid by Snyder

Zorn is used to dealing with meddling owners

Al Davis will hire Zorn to be his next head coach in 2010

Not as crazy as it first sounds..Remember where you heard it first..lol

BurgundyNGold
11-20-2009, 11:57 AM
i was just thinking about how weird the situations are in both Oakland and in Washington,and the thought struck me as to what might happen after this year..

Al Davis will fire Tom Cable after this year

They have a QB who needs developing, and need a Head Coach who is non confrontational

The Redskins will fire Zorn after 2 years at the end of the season

Davis is a notorious skin flint

Zorn is a West Coast kind of guy, and will come cheap because he will still be being paid by Snyder

Zorn is used to dealing with meddling owners

Al Davis will hire Zorn to be his next head coach in 2010

Not as crazy as it first sounds..Remember where you heard it first..lol
I think everything that you say is plausible, but I'm not sure if Danny has to pay Zorn if he gets rehired elsewhere.

shally
11-20-2009, 12:05 PM
I think everything that you say is plausible, but I'm not sure if Danny has to pay Zorn if he gets rehired elsewhere.

good point.. a lot depends upon the circumstances when Zorn is finally relieved of command.. still, given that Norv and Marty had life in the NFL after leaving the Redskins, it would not surprise me one bit if zorn parlayed his Redskin experience into a gig somewhere else..

the Raiders are totally mercurial because of Davis, and hiring Zorn would probably NOT be received with a lot of happy faces in Oakland.. he has NO raider roots, but is an AFC guy to his core.. the Raiders have even worse issues at QB than we do (or at least as Bad, lol) so a head coach with QB coaching experience would be a huge plus

above all, Davis is cheap, and i doubt he could finally anyone who would come to him with any kind of experience that would be as cheap as Zorn

akhhorus
11-20-2009, 12:26 PM
I bet Zorn will follow Holmgren to Cleveland as Qb coach for whomever they hire as head coach.

shally
11-20-2009, 01:10 PM
I bet Zorn will follow Holmgren to Cleveland as Qb coach for whomever they hire as head coach.

that could happen.. although from the way that Holmgren treated Zorn at the end in Seattle, i wouldnt bet my house on it.. Still, the way that MH came to Zorn's defense might bespeak that happening

BIGREDSKINSFAN1963
11-20-2009, 01:17 PM
zorn has crapped the bed pretty bad so far as a headcoach,because of that i can't see al davis or anybody else hiring him as one.he'll be coaching qbs somewhere next season,but he will not be a head coach in the nfl.
i think zorn could be a great college coach where he can control the players,
but that won't happen in the nfl anythime soon for him.

Skins7ny
11-20-2009, 06:49 PM
Davis hired Norv as head coach after he failed here, didn't he?

shally
11-20-2009, 09:31 PM
Davis hired Norv as head coach after he failed here, didn't he?

yup... didnt turn out that well for either one, did it..lol

Skins7ny
11-21-2009, 04:01 PM
LOL, no it didn't. But there is precedent for your prediction.
If Norv Turner deserves a 3rd chance, then IMO Zorn deserves a 2nd one. I don't think coaching under the curret set up is a fair test for any head coach.

dj_stouty
11-21-2009, 04:42 PM

Exactly what I was thinking.

Shally - I appreciate your creativity on this...but Zorn's time as HC is DONE.

akhhorus
11-21-2009, 05:00 PM

He(and guys like Herm Edwards) should go to college and be a head coach there. I think Zorn would be a good enough recruiter/Qb coach to put together a good program.

Keino
11-21-2009, 10:47 PM
LOL, no it didn't. But there is precedent for your prediction.
If Norv Turner deserves a 3rd chance, then IMO Zorn deserves a 2nd one. I don't think coaching under the curret set up is a fair test for any head coach.

Man that guy always lands on his feet. I was utterly flabergasted when he landed the SD job, a team that was already built for him.

shally
11-22-2009, 10:50 AM

you never know..Davis is strange that way

shally
11-22-2009, 10:51 AM
He(and guys like Herm Edwards) should go to college and be a head coach there. I think Zorn would be a good enough recruiter/Qb coach to put together a good program.

i agree..

still, i am very doubtful about his game day decisions.. he would have to win with overall better talent, as opposed to better coaching