PDA

View Full Version : Charlie Weis fired

CarMike
11-30-2009, 01:15 PM
Just mentioned on 980. Link to follow.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/college/2009/11/30/2009-11-30_source_notre_dame_fires_head_coach_charlie_weis _.html

rskinsfan10
11-30-2009, 02:12 PM
The next head coach of the Skins......

Patrick
11-30-2009, 02:27 PM
WOW ................... think he's shinny enough for Dan?

shally
11-30-2009, 02:36 PM

very significant probability of that happening.. would not be at all surprised if Snyder has already had informal talks with him and his agent...

CarMike
11-30-2009, 02:51 PM
IF, and that's a BIG if, Weis is hired, watch the Redskins take his college QB in the first round. At ANY cost.

shally
11-30-2009, 03:17 PM
IF, and that's a BIG if, Weis is hired, watch the Redskins take his college QB in the first round. At ANY cost.

THAT is so scary, you could set your watch by it.. why else would Snyder have been visiting N.D. in the past couple of weeks ??

WarEagle
11-30-2009, 03:21 PM
very significant probability of that happening.. would not be at all surprised if Snyder has already had informal talks with him and his agent...

Heard on ESPN radio over the weekend that several NFL teams were making quiet inquiries with Charlie's people. I'm assuming the Skins were one of 'em.

CarMike
11-30-2009, 03:50 PM
THAT is so scary, you could set your watch by it.. why else would Snyder have been visiting N.D. in the past couple of weeks ??
Damn shally. I hadn't heard about Snyder visiting ND in the past couple of weeks.

Speechless. [for the first time ;)]

BurgundyNGold
11-30-2009, 03:54 PM
Wait a minute. Do we want Shanny or not? I thought we had sent the plane at some point. And whay about Cowher? I thought we wanted him too? And now Weis?

We need to settle down, come up with a 5 year plan and stick to it. I knw that will be hard for the current ownership, but it's either do that and possibly win or keep tilting at windmills every offseason and sucking for ther foreseeable future.

shally
11-30-2009, 03:55 PM
Damn shally. I hadn't heard about Snyder visiting ND in the past couple of weeks.

Speechless. [for the first time ;)]

rumored.... but i can remember seeing it posted at a couple of sites..actually,i would prefer that it be to talk with Weis, and not to evaluate Clausen.. still, it is unnerving to think of Snyder doing this kind of thing

peter king at SI today was saying 5 NFL teams are interested in Weis--but as an OC.. that would be just like us to consider him as a HC when no one else would..lol

shally
11-30-2009, 03:57 PM
Wait a minute. Do we want Shanny or not? I thought we had sent the plane at some point. And whay about Cowher? I thought we wanted him too? And now Weis?

We need to settle down, come up with a 5 year plan and stick to it. I knw that will be hard for the current ownership, but it's either do that and possibly win or keep tilting at windmills every offseason and sucking for ther foreseeable future.

no guarantee that Snyder can actually land Shanny or Cowher.. this time around, he better have a realistic plan B..
I would also add Harbaugh, the Stanford HC to the short list if we can get Shanny

BurgundyNGold
11-30-2009, 03:59 PM
no guarantee that Snyder can actually land Shanny or Cowher.. this time around, he better have a realistic plan B..
I would also add Harbaugh, the Stanford HC to the short list if we can get Shanny
I think Harbaugh is a great alternative for someone. Just not us. He's too green. Danny would dominate him and we'd still be in sub .500 hell.

CarMike
11-30-2009, 04:17 PM
Honestly, I'm more worried about our GM position than I am about the next coach. If we get the right GM, I don't care if Weis is the next HC. Weis will not want to be involved with the FO. He'll have his input, but that'll be the extent of his involvment.

fent
11-30-2009, 04:41 PM
peter king at SI today was saying 5 NFL teams are interested in Weis--but as an OC.. that would be just like us to consider him as a HC when no one else would..lol

i'd actually be okay with that. he's shown an ability to run a dadgum good offense and he took a nobody QB and turned him into a HOFer.

WarEagle
11-30-2009, 05:17 PM
i'd actually be okay with that. he's shown an ability to run a dadgum good offense and he took a nobody QB and turned him into a HOFer.

I'd be okay with it, too. He should wear his rings to his first meeting with D&V and make his demands known. I do worry about his health and stamina though.

rskinsfan10
11-30-2009, 10:04 PM
He is somewhat "splashy" and would be able to be had without having the leverage to demand total control, just the way Snyder likes his coaches. I have not read anywhere prior to my post earlier that we were interested in him, just a gut feeling I've had over the last few weeks as the rumors of his demise kept growing.