Jacob Burney - Defensive Line
Bob Slowik - Defensive Backs
Lou Spanos - Linebackers
Kirk Olivadotti - Defensive Assistant
Danny Smith - Special Teams
Steve Jackson - Safeties Coach (??)

hail2skins
01-17-2010, 11:28 AM
If you hear updates, post them here so I can update the 1st post. Don't discuss here, just post confirmed updates. Thanks

CarMike
01-19-2010, 11:30 AM
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/safeties-coach-jackson-retaine.html

Longtime safeties coach Steve Jackson has been retained on new Coach Mike Shanahan's first staff.

"Yes, I'm back," Jackson said in a phone interview. "He [Shanahan] told me this morning, just about an hour ago. He really didn't go into too much detail about" Jackson's role on the reconfigured staff.

"There were other people that he had to speak with and give some information to. We just talked briefly and he said, 'Welcome aboard.' I told him whatever he needed me to do, in whatever capacity, I'm here and ready."

Offensive assistant Chris Meidt, the Redskins' de facto quarterbacks coach the last two seasons, and Scott Wachenheim, who just completed his first season as tight ends coach, were not retained, two people with knowledge of the makeup of Shanahan's completed staff said.

Of former coach Jim Zorn's assistant coaches, only Jackson, special teams coordinator Danny Smith and linebackers coach Kirk Olivadotti were retained. Shanahan still plans to announce the hiring of other coaches.
Thanks to Red Bear/Shally for finding the info

Jvon91
01-19-2010, 06:19 PM
"The Redskins continue to round out their staff, hiring Jacob Burney to be their new defensive line coach, according to league sources.

Burney began contacting players this afternoon to let them know he was now coaching that position. Burney’s hiring was expected.

The Redskins also are retaining safeties coach Steve Jackson and special teams coach Danny Smith. Secondary coach Jerry Gray has left to take a similar role with the Seahawks, and Bob Slowik, who has a long history with new coach Mike Shanahan, likely will take over as secondary coach.

The Redskins have yet to fill their offensive line and tight end coaching positions."

Red Bear
01-20-2010, 02:11 PM
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/k-shanahan-lafleur-embree-adde.html

Kyle Shanahan made official as OC.

Matt LaFleur as QB coach.

Jon Embree as TE coach.

GenMgr
01-21-2010, 11:24 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4845510

One job move filled an opening in Washington while creating another in San Francisco.

The Redskins hired former 49ers assistant Chris Foerster as their offensive line coach Thursday, a league source said.

The 49ers granted Foerster permission to speak with the Redskins, and Washington ultimately decided to hire him. Now San Francisco must replace Foerster, who joined the 49ers in 2008 after working for the Baltimore Ravens from 2005-2007, the Miami Dolphins in 2004, the Indianapolis Colts from 2002 to 2003, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers from 1998 to 2001 and the Minnesota Vikings from 1993 to 1995.

Foerster's hire in Washington nearly completes the Redskins' offensive coaching staff, though the team still is looking to hire a receivers coach.

Adam Schefter is ESPN's NFL Insider.

DaveKShape
01-28-2010, 09:12 AM
with McCardell as WR coach, does that mean we're all set?

IowaSkinsFan
02-21-2010, 05:35 PM
Speaking of the new staff, I am sitting here watching NFL replay of Texans and Titans from last year and Kyle Shanahan had their number that day. The way he used Owen Daniels has got to make everyone feel giddy about Fred Davis down the seam (let's face it, Cooley doesn't have the wheels for those routes).

So if senior lets junior truly call the plays, won't this be the first time senior hasn't called plays in a long, long time?

BurgundyNGold
02-21-2010, 05:37 PM
Speaking of the new staff, I am sitting here watching NFL replay of Texans and Titans from last year and Kyle Shanahan had their number that day. The way he used Owen Daniels has got to make everyone feel giddy about Fred Davis down the seam (let's face it, Cooley doesn't have the wheels for those routes).

So if senior lets junior truly call the plays, won't this be the first time senior hasn't called plays in a long, long time?
Didn't Kubiak call plays when he was in Denver?

IowaSkinsFan
02-21-2010, 05:39 PM
Didn't Kubiak call plays when he was in Denver?

When you watch SB 32 or 33 highlights and they had Shanahan on the mic, it sounded as if he was calling plays then. Don't know about the entire game though.

I don't think he did, but I may be wrong.