PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Bryant NT

hogs86
01-02-2011, 07:00 PM
Have we found our NT. Seems to me since he has played the last 3 game he has looked very capable of playing NT.

Patrick
01-02-2011, 07:05 PM
I'll be interested to see how his off-season goes and if he can progress.

BIGREDSKINSFAN1963
01-02-2011, 07:06 PM
looked really good and dependable.

SKINSATIONAL
01-02-2011, 07:10 PM
Have we found our NT. Seems to me since he has played the last 3 game he has looked very capable of playing NT.

I was really thinking that the whole game too. I actually just started watching him every snap and he was able to get some good penetration somewhat consistently. He's only a 4th year player and played at Alabama which tells me he's at least an athlete. I'm hoping for bigger things to come with him man so we can use a pick elsewhere. God knows we need the picks.

hogs86
01-02-2011, 07:10 PM
I'll be interested to see how his off-season goes and if he can progress.

Today he got up and down the line to stop Jacobs multiple times on off tackle runs. I was very impressed.

BurgundyNGold
01-02-2011, 07:11 PM
He's a beast. He played very solid in the preseason and it has translated into the regular season. So much so that he seems to be getting better every week. Kemo can be cut anytime, as far as I'm concerned.

shane88
01-02-2011, 07:16 PM
I think we've found our starting NT for next year and beyond. I thought today, especially, he held the LOS very well, got decent penetration at times, and had got lateral pursuit. He's progressed every week he's been out there. Hopefully his progression will continue thru the off season and into the regular season.

BSMKF
01-02-2011, 07:19 PM
yeah dude looks like a potential beast........very fast and powerful.

Plus the whole front 7 looked a little better since he has been in.

shally
01-02-2011, 07:24 PM
really played well. needs and extension for certain. he should only get better

Oregonian
01-02-2011, 07:35 PM
The guy is a monster. Totally disrupted the Giants rushing attack today.

skinsfan36
01-02-2011, 08:04 PM
this guy is what we need at NT. he gets a great push and imprpved our run d tons. and he moves down the line to make plays. sign solali and rotate these guys at nt. kemo can hit the road

shally
01-02-2011, 08:07 PM
this guy is what we need at NT. he gets a great push and imprpved our run d tons. and he moves down the line to make plays. sign solali and rotate these guys at nt. kemo can hit the road

Kemo looked terrible all year..

skinsfan36
01-02-2011, 08:09 PM

looked like he was on rollerskates lol

tuckahoeskin
01-02-2011, 08:21 PM
looked like he was on rollerskates lol

Kemo/Rabach all the same. :)

skinsfan36
01-02-2011, 08:36 PM
Kemo/Rabach all the same. :)

that may explain alot they practiced against each other and both are getting pushed backwards maybe they just took turns when coaches where watching lol

InsomniaKiller
01-02-2011, 09:02 PM
He's been a pleasant surprise, and I didn't realize just how huge the guy was until the game today, for some reason. He certainly looks the role, and hopefully this will mean one less hole that I was thinking we'd need to fill this offseason.

BSMKF
01-02-2011, 09:32 PM
that may explain alot they practiced against each other and both are getting pushed backwards maybe they just took turns when coaches where watching lol

lol

tuckahoeskin
01-02-2011, 09:35 PM

that would be the equivalent of two negatives making the coches feel positive. :sun:

BurgundyNGold
01-02-2011, 10:31 PM
:lol1:

bigcmr
01-02-2011, 11:16 PM
He looks like a real good fit. I liked him a few years back when tampa drafted him in the late rounds. Maybe we got our big guy in the middle.

OCSKINSFAN
01-03-2011, 12:05 AM
An interesting question is why the coaches didn't give him a chance sooner. It essentially took Kemo, who played like crap all season, getting injured for this to happen. Do these coaches have a clue when it comes to evaluating talent?

redskin_rich
01-03-2011, 12:13 AM
My theory is that Anthony Bryant isn't that good but is playing with a ton of confidence after practicing against Rabach all season.

SKINSATIONAL
01-03-2011, 03:19 AM
Bryant has been playing better over the past few games, not just the Gnats game. Check out the push he gets against Jacksonville up the middle (youtube). He shoves everyone right into Gerrard's face....I'm hoping he's our answer.

BSMKF
01-03-2011, 03:41 AM
My theory is that Anthony Bryant isn't that good but is playing with a ton of confidence after practicing against Rabach all season.

LMAO

flave1969
01-03-2011, 04:37 AM
An interesting question is why the coaches didn't give him a chance sooner. It essentially took Kemo, who played like crap all season, getting injured for this to happen. Do these coaches have a clue when it comes to evaluating talent?

Well they did sign him to the team at least, but the pattern is there for all to see across the team. This board has been calling for players to start all year and been right almost every time. Why the coaches cannot see it is beyond me.

firehawk157
01-03-2011, 07:04 AM
Well they did sign him to the team at least, but the pattern is there for all to see across the team. This board has been calling for players to start all year and been right almost every time. Why the coaches cannot see it is beyond me.

I've found that most coaches coach scared, especially in relation to the lines. For some odd reason I've yet to fathom, they are scared putting in younger players over established guys is going to backfire.

nicefellow31
01-03-2011, 07:55 AM

Man I was thinking the same thing. Some of the younger guys have come in and showed that they could contribute. Why guys like Galloway, Kemo, Daniels, R. Williams, Rabach, Doughty got opportunities to make mistakes over and over didn't make any sense to me.

Hr fan
01-03-2011, 08:46 AM

No. Coaches that are in love with their "system" always want "their kind of player" instead of getting the best talent available and adapting their "system" to it.

Skins7ny
01-03-2011, 11:11 AM
I would not cut Kemo yet. He came off Achilles' surgery last year, and I would let him rehab and see how he does in off-season activities and the early part of training camp. If it appears this off-season like he is not going to get his effectiveness back, then by all means let him go. But it costs us nothing but a roster spot to see if he can make it all the way back in year 2 after his Achilles' surgery. He was a very good player before the injury.

I agree. This was a team that was going nowhere. We should have been playing our younger guys much earlier, give them time to develop. Bryant is an excellent example.
Man I was thinking the same thing. Some of the younger guys have come in and showed that they could contribute. Why guys like Galloway, Kemo, Daniels, R. Williams, Rabach, Doughty got opportunities to make mistakes over and over didn't make any sense to me. Doughty is not old, and played very well yesterday. He is not in the same category as the other guys you mentioned.

nicefellow31
01-03-2011, 11:24 AM
I would not cut Kemo yet. He came off Achilles' surgery last year, and I would let him rehab and see how he does in off-season activities and the early part of training camp. If it appears this off-season like he is not going to get his effectiveness back, then by all means let him go. But it costs us nothing but a roster spot to see if he can make it all the way back in year 2 after his Achilles' surgery. He was a very good player before the injury.

I agree. This was a team that was going nowhere. We should have been playing our younger guys much earlier, give them time to develop. Bryant is an excellent example.
Doughty is not old, and played very well yesterday. He is not in the same category as the other guys you mentioned.

Agree with you about Kemo. It turns out his shoulder was his big problem, however they tried and let him play through it. I was at the game and I don't recall Doughty doing a thing. Only time his name was called over the PA, they gave him credit for a tackle, but when they showed the replay, Jacobs ran over him. LOL. Maybe I missed something by not seeing it on TV.

shally
01-03-2011, 12:25 PM
Agree with you about Kemo. It turns out his shoulder was his big problem, however they tried and let him play through it. I was at the game and I don't recall Doughty doing a thing. Only time his name was called over the PA, they gave him credit for a tackle, but when they showed the replay, Jacobs ran over him. LOL. Maybe I missed something by not seeing it on TV.

i thought Doughty played pretty well.. he was in a number of tackles, around the line of scrimmage. the Redskin defense got a lot of bodies on Bradshaw and Jacobs every time they had the ball.. THAT was a pleasure to watch

Kemo looked terrible every time i looked at him.. it was not just my comment, but many others.. if he is not an entirely different player next camp, he is gone for sure..

tuckahoeskin
01-03-2011, 12:58 PM
How many yards did Jacobs/Bradshaw have yesterday?

flave1969
01-03-2011, 01:31 PM
How many yards did Jacobs/Bradshaw have yesterday?

28 carries for 71 yards and 1TD

cal_junior
01-03-2011, 02:52 PM
I'm not convinced Bryant is an every game stud based on yesterday - the Giants literally didn't have a center - but I'm glad to have him in the mix. Solid back-up at the very least.

Dump Kemo and lets look at FA/draft to bring in someone else.

SKINSATIONAL
01-03-2011, 04:18 PM
I'm not convinced Bryant is an every game stud based on yesterday - the Giants literally didn't have a center - but I'm glad to have him in the mix. Solid back-up at the very least.

Dump Kemo and lets look at FA/draft to bring in someone else.

Again....he had a good enough game against Jacksonville to be mentioned by coaches and some media. Look at the youtube video of him pushing Jacksonville's center right into D. Gerrard. I'm hoping he can learn a lot in the offseason. He is a big boy.

cal_junior
01-03-2011, 04:25 PM
Again....he had a good enough game against Jacksonville to be mentioned by coaches and some media. Look at the youtube video of him pushing Jacksonville's center right into D. Gerrard. I'm hoping he can learn a lot in the offseason. He is a big boy.

Don't get me wrong, I want him to be part of the team's immediate future. I just hope we still make that position a priority this off-season.

SKINSATIONAL
01-03-2011, 04:53 PM
Don't get me wrong, I want him to be part of the team's immediate future. I just hope we still make that position a priority this off-season.

Yeah...I'm just hoping he can be good enough to allow us to focus on that area in later rounds....Hopefully anyway.

redbamaskins
01-03-2011, 05:52 PM
I think anthony Bryant is great addition to the redskins, but I would wait before anointing him a starter in the NFL. At Alabama he was solid , but not great .
Being from Alabama his work ethic will a lot better than that F.A. From tennesee .

We need a replacement for F.A. And I hope he is the one