PDA

View Full Version : What a doosh

RedskinsDave
06-06-2011, 04:20 PM
After all that b.s. posturing about looking for the person who hacked his account, Anthony "I live up to my name Weiner admits to posting the pic.

I will hold my breath for the media to demand his resignation or whatever would similarly happen to someone on the other side had they pulled this.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/POLITICS/06/06/new.york.weiner/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

akhhorus
06-06-2011, 04:23 PM
Vitter survived. Weiner did less than he did imo.

I'm just glad it wasn't Henry Waxman or Virginia Foxx lol.

RedskinsDave
06-06-2011, 04:28 PM
Weiner has spent the last week accusing people like Breitbart of hacking his account. He got snippy with media people who wanted to talk about it. Most people don't even know who Vitter is. Weiner should resign for being a lying liar while acting like he is better than everyone else.

akhhorus
06-06-2011, 04:36 PM
Weiner has spent the last week accusing people like Breitbart of hacking his account.

To be fair, there was a fair amount of technical evidence suggesting a hack(which in retrospect looks like the twitterer(s) who caught it probably stripped out of the file thinking that it would make them look like hackers). The guy who busted Dan Rather on memogate though it was a hack/forgery and he's a computer expert.

He got snippy with media people who wanted to talk about it. Most people don't even know who Vitter is. Weiner should resign for being a lying liar while acting like he is better than everyone else.

Right, because Vitter went into witness protection until he gave a no-question, no-admission presser and refuses to discuss it anymore. Weiner should have done the same.

If Weiner should go, Vitter should go for god knows how many hookers he's been with. Weiner is a royal asshole, but-as far as we know-he didn't bang anyone. Not excusing what Weiner did, it was clearly wrong.

RedskinsDave
06-06-2011, 04:45 PM
We get it. There is a Republican who is worse. Your lib card has been punched on the issue.

Back to Wiener.....

RedskinsDave
06-06-2011, 04:49 PM
I can't wait to see how Jon Stewart avoids talking about it. I wonder if he will make fun of not talking about it like he did before. Instead of calling out Weiner, he will probably make jokes about having to make fun of Weiner. After all, they are friends as he made abundantly clear last week.

akhhorus
06-06-2011, 04:50 PM
We get it. There is a Republican who is worse. Your lib card has been punched on the issue.

I brought up Vitter on the concept on whether Weiner should resign since he was the most recent major politician who got caught on this(Chris Lee wasn't major imo). If John Edwards held any position when his affair came out, then he should be forced to resign also. As should any politician who f*cks around in office. Its called having a consistent position regardless of partisan beliefs, try it some time lol.

CNYSkinFan
06-06-2011, 05:09 PM
I was awfully surprised when Lee resigned. I did not think he had to. I actually think Weiner is much worse and probably should resign. I am wondering what the voters in his district will do.

CNYSkinFan
06-06-2011, 05:19 PM
Pelosi just called fr an ethics investigation...my bet is censure

RedskinsDave
06-06-2011, 05:33 PM
I was awfully surprised when Lee resigned. I did not think he had to. I actually think Weiner is much worse and probably should resign. I am wondering what the voters in his district will do.

Eat good pizza and bagels.

justinskins
06-06-2011, 05:35 PM
Pelosi just called fr an ethics investigation...my bet is censure

For breaking the House rule about taking naked pictures, or for breaking the House rule about lying on television?

RedskinsDave
06-06-2011, 05:46 PM
Condaleeza Rice has chimed in:

http://www.quest-online.com/NewFiles/images/CondiRice.jpg

Ibleedburgundy
06-06-2011, 06:05 PM
I can't wait to see how Jon Stewart avoids talking about it. I wonder if he will make fun of not talking about it like he did before. Instead of calling out Weiner, he will probably make jokes about having to make fun of Weiner. After all, they are friends as he made abundantly clear last week.

How can you not talk about it and have a 10 minute segment dedicated to it at the same time?

I thought Senator scrotum was pretty funny. Also was pretty funny when Weiner's weiner crushed Romney's announcement to run for President.

Ibleedburgundy
06-06-2011, 06:07 PM
Anyway, the guy is clearly a lying doosh.

RedskinsDave
06-06-2011, 06:14 PM
How can you not talk about it and have a 10 minute segment dedicated to it at the same time?

I thought Senator scrotum was pretty funny. Also was pretty funny when Weiner's weiner crushed Romney's announcement to run for President.

He figured out a way to talk about it without calling out Weiner at all. Now he can't play that game.

Skins7ny
06-06-2011, 06:45 PM
I brought up Vitter on the concept on whether Weiner should resign since he was the most recent major politician who got caught on this(Chris Lee wasn't major imo). If John Edwards held any position when his affair came out, then he should be forced to resign also. As should any politician who f*cks around in office. Its called having a consistent position regardless of partisan beliefs, try it some time lol.
All male politicians have a consistent position. Unfortunately, it's missionary.
Eat good pizza and bagels.
To be fair, that district does have the best pizza and bagels in the world.
Besides family, it is the thing I miss most about living in DC (along with the delis).

Keino
06-06-2011, 06:50 PM
Weiner has spent the last week accusing people like Breitbart of hacking his account. He got snippy with media people who wanted to talk about it. Most people don't even know who Vitter is. Weiner should resign for being a lying liar while acting like he is better than everyone else.

He really tried the Eddie Murphy "Wasn't me" defense. LOL

I think this is comical frankly on a number of levels.

RedskinsDave
06-06-2011, 10:07 PM

Worse than even I expected. Nothing. Not a thing. What a fraud.

justinskins
06-06-2011, 10:45 PM
Not a thing. What a fraud.

He promised a world-class network news show with hard-hitting stories and intelligent commentary, and all we got was a half-hour spoof on Comedy Central with a third of the details made up. :(

RedskinsDave
06-06-2011, 10:56 PM
He promised a world-class network news show with hard-hitting stories and intelligent commentary, and all we got was a half-hour spoof on Comedy Central with a third of the details made up. :(

Yeah because if there was a Republican named WEINER, he would have glossed over it. He just proved he's the partisan hack he pretends not to be. I wouldn't care if we didn't get clips of the hilarity for every other event in politics.

justinskins
06-06-2011, 11:02 PM
He just proved he's the partisan hack he pretends not to be.
Yeah, he's liberal. He's also a comedian. He has no obligation to be neutral about anything, or even to have integrity. Anyone who doesn't find him funny can change the channel.

RedskinsDave
06-07-2011, 06:51 AM
Yeah, he's liberal. He's also a comedian. He has no obligation to be neutral about anything, or even to have integrity. Anyone who doesn't find him funny can change the channel.

I am well aware this is what he hides behind every chance he gets. He lost his comedian excuse when he held a political rally on the Mall.

akhhorus
06-07-2011, 06:56 AM
I didn't see last night's episode yet, but having the same R&B singer who comes out for every politician's sex scandal (http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-june-2-2011/the-big-wang-theory) making Weiner jokes isn't fair treatment?

Btw, Stewart and Weiner have been personal friends for decades also.

Keino
06-07-2011, 06:59 AM
I am well aware this is what he hides behind every chance he gets. He lost his comedian excuse when he held a political rally on the Mall.

A comedic rally poking fun at another rally? LOL. Yea that fits if stretched very thin....

RedskinsDave
06-07-2011, 07:05 AM
I didn't see last night's episode yet, but having the same R&B singer who comes out for every politician's sex scandal (http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-june-2-2011/the-big-wang-theory) making Weiner jokes isn't fair treatment?

Btw, Stewart and Weiner have been personal friends for decades also.

And their friendship is obviously why he is letting him off the hook. They had to get on to more pressing things like making fun of that idiot Palin some more.

Again, I wouldn't care if people on the left didn't act like the guy was some kind of spokesman (sad and true). But the fact is he is, at least for that group. As such, I expect him to rip everyone who deserves ripping and not be selective about it. He and his sycophants have put him in the this position, not me.

Keino
06-07-2011, 07:12 AM
In never ceases to crack me up how outraged you get over the Daily Show and Jon Stewart.

How many smart people do you know who views Stewart as a spokesperson? Probably about as many that view Sean Hannity as a spokesperson....Zero.

You're a funny guy Dave, why don't you pitch a similarly styled yet slanted in the opposite direction show to Fox? Oh yea they already have a number of shows just like the daily show, such has O'Reilly Factor and Hannity. I am sure yours would be funnier though, as you would actually be trying to make people laugh.

RedskinsDave
06-07-2011, 07:40 AM
I'm not outraged, I am annoyed. I would count anyone who went to or wanted to go to the rally as people who see him as a spokesman. That's a lot of people.

At least Hannity admits to being a political spokesperson. Could you imagine if he decided not to comment on his friend named Anthony Crapper if he got busted for sending a pic of a blumpkin? I think he would be called out for it.

Keino
06-07-2011, 07:52 AM
I'm not outraged, I am annoyed. I would count anyone who went to or wanted to go to the rally as people who see him as a spokesman. That's a lot of people.

At least Hannity admits to being a political spokesperson. Could you imagine if he decided not to comment on his friend named Anthony Crapper if he got busted for sending a pic of a blumpkin? I think he would be called out for it.

Dude Hannity refused to condemn Ted Nugent for his "kill the president" comments and cited his friendship with the man as the reason why.

The rally was farcical, intentionally so. If that's your litmus test, I think you are mistaking people who like to laugh at folks like Beck viewing these comedians as leaders. Sure, I am sure some do, but the vast majority of people who went or wanted to go to the rally aren't looking to Stewart or Colbert as leaders.

justinskins
06-07-2011, 09:15 AM

It's not an excuse, it's who he is. He has a show; people watch it to laugh. I will agree that on some occasions he has had an inflated sense of his own importance. For example, when he went on his "bad for America" tirade on Crossfire several years ago. IMO, that's really the fault of the news networks that bring him on for semi-serious interviews (and it's hardly just news liberals, O'Reilly has invited him on the program several times). However, when I get sick of his act I just don't watch the show for a while.

By all means, continue your one-man crusade against liberal bias in comedy basic cable broadcasting.

RedskinsDave
06-07-2011, 09:24 AM
It's not an excuse, it's who he is. He has a show; people watch it to laugh. I will agree that on days that end in Y he has had an inflated sense of his own importance. For example, when he went on his "bad for America" tirade on Crossfire several years ago. IMO, that's really the fault of the news networks that bring him on for semi-serious interviews (and it's hardly just news liberals, O'Reilly has invited him on the program several times). However, when I get sick of his act I just don't watch the show for a while.

By all means, continue your one-man crusade against liberal bias in comedy basic cable broadcasting.

Fixed.

akhhorus
06-07-2011, 10:20 AM
Dude Hannity refused to condemn Ted Nugent for his "kill the president" comments and cited his friendship with the man as the reason why.

Well, Nugent didn't say that. He, during the 08 primaries, held up a machine gun at a concert and said that Obama and Hillary could "suck on this". But since he's white, I guess its okay lol #sarcasmaboutcommon.

And their friendship is obviously why he is letting him off the hook. They had to get on to more pressing things like making fun of that idiot Palin some more.

Actually, watching the episode, he went to a segment on John Edwards. And last week he was saying "Anthony, just tell the truth and get it over with." Thats not "off the hook" imo.

Keino
06-07-2011, 10:39 AM
Well, Nugent didn't say that. He, during the 08 primaries, held up a machine gun at a concert and said that Obama and Hillary could "suck on this". But since he's white, I guess its okay lol #sarcasmaboutcommon.

Yea, I know those weren’t his words exactly, but that was certainly the message.

RedskinsDave
06-07-2011, 10:44 AM
Actually, watching the episode, he went to a segment on John Edwards. And last week he was saying "Anthony, just tell the truth and get it over with." Thats not "off the hook" imo.

How is that remotely ON the hook then?

Mr. Simpson, people say you killed your ex-wife. Just tell the truth. Did you see that basketball game last night, what a doozy!! /scathingassessment

akhhorus
06-07-2011, 11:00 AM
How is that remotely ON the hook then?

Mr. Simpson, people say you killed your ex-wife. Just tell the truth. Did you see that basketball game last night, what a doozy!! /scathingassessment

Off the hook would be ignoring the story all together or just talking about all the questions about the story last week. He didn't do either. He gave Weiner the same sarcastic treatment as anyone's gotten.

tuckahoeskin
06-07-2011, 05:40 PM
Off the hook would be ignoring the story all together or just talking about all the questions about the story last week. He didn't do either. He gave Weiner the same sarcastic treatment as anyone's gotten.

Commenting about the pic as "gee, I wish I looked like that" is grilling him? Yeah, in your world.

CNYSkinFan
06-07-2011, 10:42 PM
as someone who amateurly puts together comedy shows, I can tell you it is hard to change with only 1.5 hour lead time and tat is without tv production issues. Stewart more then made up for it tonight....

and what a trooper, cut his hand and kept it beneath the desk throughout the taping...that is pretty impressive

tuckahoeskin
06-08-2011, 09:03 AM
What we (Conservatives) have a problem with concerning Weiner and Stewart is their lack of integrity on this issue. In order to stand for something, you have to say no to some things. Stewart protected Weiner until he was FORCED to do something. It's an integrity issue. Period. That must have been some clique they had in college....

And to say Stewart didn't touch it because he only had and hour and a half to put something together is assinine. It was in the news for over a week. It came out Memorial Day Weekend. When a CONGRESSMAN named WEINER is accused of sending SEX TEXTS your only reason for not lampooning him is because you are a POLITICAL HACK who lacks I-N-T-E-G-R-I-T-Y.

Along with that, I can't say I'm surprised the usual suspects didn't bother to start this thread last week. Had it been a republican, we'd have seen three pages on it within the hour.

Can't we all just get along? Apparently not.

Keino
06-08-2011, 09:20 AM
As a Comedian, he has no "journalistic integrity" standards to meet. The guy can lampoon whatever he wants without it calling into question his integrity.

The guy held off on lampooning his friend. BFD. (and I didn't see last night's show to know whether he put his friend to the flame)

Hannity, who is subject to journalistic integrity standards, refused to condemn his friend Ted Nugent for saying that Obama should suck on his machine gun.

Jesus, did you guys get your panties in a bunch when Carlin would rant about things near and dear to social conservatism, or did you just say "That George is a crazy comedian".

We all (everyone that I can see) agrees that Weiner is a doosh, mostly for lying about the penile photographic distribution.

This Jon Stewart crap looks to me reaching for something to argue about because you don't like that he shows, just about Daily, Fox News manipulating soundbites out of context in support of the propaganda dujure of the day. He also shows MSNBC doing the same thing, but much less of that. Why that matters to anyone, liberal or conservative is completely beyond my comprehension.

tuckahoeskin
06-08-2011, 09:29 AM
Daily, Fox News manipulating soundbites out of context in support of the propaganda dujure of the day.

Examples?

Ibleedburgundy
06-08-2011, 10:01 AM
What we (Conservatives) have a problem with concerning Weiner and Stewart is their lack of integrity on this issue.

LOL @ the FOX news audience talking about integrity

Keino
06-08-2011, 10:05 AM
Examples?

Any Episode you wish to view here (http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-episodes/tue-june-7-2011-fareed-zakaria)

justinskins
06-08-2011, 10:13 AM
As a Comedian, he has no "journalistic integrity" standards to meet.
Exactly. He has no standards to meet except comedy. All that matters is that people find his show funny. If conservatives don't find it funny, they should stop watching his show. Problem solved.

The This Jon Stewart crap looks to me reaching for something to argue about because you don't like that he shows, just about Daily, Fox News manipulating soundbites out of context in support of the propaganda dujure of the day. He also shows MSNBC doing the same thing, but much less of that. Why that matters to anyone, liberal or conservative is completely beyond my comprehension.
I think it's simpler than that. Conservatives just don't like the fact that he is liberal. That's it. They portray it as as an integrity issue because Stewart claims he has no political slant. Of course, all news shows make that claim even when they are slanted (see for example any show on Fox News on the conservative side, or Anderson Cooper on the liberal side). That trend has only increased over the past 10 years. Stewart's just doing the same thing as the real shows he lampoons. The difference, of course, is that those shows do have an obligation to report the news objectively, whereas Jon Stewart does not.

I don't see people making the same complaints about Bill Maher, Dennis Miller, and other comedians with political TV & radio shows. Perhaps it's because they are less popular?

CNYSkinFan
06-08-2011, 10:28 AM
What we (Conservatives) have a problem with concerning Weiner and Stewart is their lack of integrity on this issue. In order to stand for something, you have to say no to some things. Stewart protected Weiner until he was FORCED to do something. It's an integrity issue. Period. That must have been some clique they had in college....

And to say Stewart didn't touch it because he only had and hour and a half to put something together is assinine. It was in the news for over a week. It came out Memorial Day Weekend. When a CONGRESSMAN named WEINER is accused of sending SEX TEXTS your only reason for not lampooning him is because you are a POLITICAL HACK who lacks I-N-T-E-G-R-I-T-Y.

Along with that, I can't say I'm surprised the usual suspects didn't bother to start this thread last week. Had it been a republican, we'd have seen three pages on it within the hour.

Can't we all just get along? Apparently not.
i watch Daily Show just about every day, and every day last week he was making fun of Weiner....maybe not with the open flame he sometimes does AND HE ADMITTED THAT ON AIR, but the r&B song, The continual poking fun at the non answers he gave as to whether that was his penis. They had plenty of stuff to go after and did so.

AIts not Stewart's fault that at the same time Palin was mangling American History....again.....or the Mormon opened up his presidential campaign to no one. He played to his base audience like a damn good comedian will. He hit Weiner in the opening segments on just about every show last week, then moved on, what do you want him to do?

Keino
06-08-2011, 10:32 AM
Just want to point out again, nobody is defending Weiner and the thread has become about Stewart and the Daily Show.

justinskins
06-08-2011, 10:34 AM
i watch Daily Show just about every day, and every day last week he was making fun of Weiner....maybe not with the open flame he sometimes does AND HE ADMITTED THAT ON AIR, but the r&B song, The continual poking fun at the non answers he gave as to whether that was his penis. They had plenty of stuff to go after and did so.

Another key point. A newscaster without integrity probably wouldn't tell his audience that he was friends with someone in the news. But that's exactly what Stewart did in Weiner's case. And then he went on last night and spent the entire first segment of the show tearfully apologizing for downplaying the story last week. What integrity! :)

RedskinsDave
06-08-2011, 01:14 PM
I thought Stewart and Weiner were friends because they are both wealthy liberal New Yorkers. I cut him some slack when I found out they knew each other before they became wealthy and famous.

Skins7ny
06-08-2011, 02:10 PM
I thought Stewart and Weiner were friends because they are both wealthy liberal New Yorkers. I cut him some slack when I found out they knew each other before they became wealthy and famous.
Not all "wealthy liberal" New Yorkers know each other. It is a big city, as you know.

tuckahoeskin
06-08-2011, 02:19 PM
Not all "wealthy liberal" New Yorkers know each other. It is a big city, as you know.

Wha?!?!? They all vote the same!/s

Keino
06-08-2011, 02:38 PM

All White Supremacists vote the same too, doesn't mean they all know each other.

tuckahoeskin
06-08-2011, 07:29 PM
All White Supremacists vote the same too, doesn't mean they all know each other.

Of course our resident Black Panther supporter would go there.

Fathead
06-08-2011, 09:25 PM

And all of a sudden race is brought into the equation. lol, well anyone can play that game, like such:

And of course our resident Imperial Wizard follower chimes in with a comment like that.

tuckahoeskin
06-08-2011, 10:26 PM
And all of a sudden race is brought into the equation. lol, well anyone can play that game, like such:

And of course our resident Imperial Wizard follower chimes in with a comment like that.

Of course you, once again, prove your screen name to be true. You didn't notice race had been brought into it by the comment I'd quoted? :thinker:

By the way, what makes you or Keino think I'm some racist? Seriously. What have I written or said here or anywhere else to make you say such a thing? You're a more than a doosh for saying that. Hide behind your keyboard, pussy.

CNYSkinFan
06-08-2011, 10:49 PM
another sgement on weiner gate by Stewart...damn i wish he would stop ignoring it...

Fathead
06-08-2011, 11:17 PM
Of course you, once again, prove your screen name to be true. You didn't notice race had been brought into it by the comment I'd quoted? :thinker:

By the way, what makes you or Keino think I'm some racist? Seriously. What have I written or said here or anywhere else to make you say such a thing? You're a more than a doosh for saying that. Hide behind your keyboard, pussy.

You're the one that labeled someone racially, specifically Keino. He mentioned a group of people, you specifically labled him. And doing such is racist in and of itself.

And I'm not hiding behind anything. You are welcome to think whatever you want, but I'm certainly not afraid of anything about you other than your ridiculous opinions.

RedskinsDave
06-09-2011, 07:22 AM

Actually I assumed they met at a secret B'nai B'rith meeting but I disguised my assumption with the "wealthy liberal" explanation. /sarcasm

tuckahoeskin
06-09-2011, 07:23 AM
You're the one that labeled someone racially, specifically Keino. He mentioned a group of people, you specifically labled him. And doing such is racist in and of itself.

And I'm not hiding behind anything. You are welcome to think whatever you want, but I'm certainly not afraid of anything about you other than your ridiculous opinions.

Another of your dumbassed statements. :smash: You add nothing to these discussions. Nothing of value.

In the Gun Control thread Keino expressed sympathy for the Black Panthers. He and I had a dust up there about that (as I see the black panthers as a racial separatist organization). I take that as why he quoted my post in this thread and made a statement about white supremists. Now, who was bringing race into the debate?

F you.

Keino
06-09-2011, 07:49 AM

Click Me (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g04aCp3ej-I)

Fathead, why would you bother to respond to this?

Tuck says this like I should be ashamed that I support the right or disenfranchised people to protect themselves from police brutality, or support of a group that set-up, in every city they operated in, Sickle-Cell testing centers and offered free-lunches to kids who could not otherwise afford it. That he views them as racial separatists (when much of their support and allies came from white-run organizations/poor peoples movements) shows that he knows nothing about them.

Malcolm X aka El Hajj El Malik El Shabazz is one of my heroes as is Huey P. Newton. I am proud of and admire both of them.

And for the record, yes Tuck, not only do I think you are a troll, but I also think you are racist. I don't have any smoking gun proof (but one rarely finds this in racists now days), but the tenor of your posts taken together, your obsession with Al Sharpton (among other black men) where he is wholly irrelevant and some of your more ignorant (from my point of view) positions make me think it.

Edit: BTW, What led me to my post was the post that my post quoted. If wealthy NY Liberals don't know each other but vote the same, well that would hold true for white supremacists. It had nothing to do with the gun control thread which I had all but forgotten until you just mentioned it.

RedskinsDave
06-09-2011, 07:58 AM
Back on topic, it looks like there will be a little Weiner in a few months (one whose picture Breitbart doesn't have, that is). I sure wish the story of my personal gestation included my father disgracing the family by sending racy pics to women.

dj_stouty
06-09-2011, 08:02 AM
Back on topic,

I agree. It sounds like some personal tiffs that may be better settled over PM.

tuckahoeskin
06-09-2011, 08:16 AM
Click Me (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g04aCp3ej-I)

Fathead, why would you bother to respond to this?

Tuck says this like I should be ashamed that I support the right or disenfranchised people to protect themselves from police brutality, or support of a group that set-up, in every city they operated in, Sickle-Cell testing centers and offered free-lunches to kids who could not otherwise afford it. That he views them as racial separatists (when much of their support and allies came from white-run organizations/poor peoples movements) shows that he knows nothing about them.

Malcolm X aka El Hajj El Malik El Shabazz is one of my heroes as is Huey P. Newton. I am proud of and admire both of them.

And for the record, yes Tuck, not only do I think you are a troll, but I also think you are racist. I don't have any smoking gun proof (but one rarely finds this in racists now days), but the tenor of your posts taken together, your obsession with Al Sharpton (among other black men) where he is wholly irrelevant and some of your more ignorant (from my point of view) positions make me think it.

Edit: BTW, What led me to my post was the post that my post quoted. If wealthy NY Liberals don't know each other but vote the same, well that would hold true for white supremacists. It had nothing to do with the gun control thread which I had all but forgotten until you just mentioned it.

Keino,

You should never have been made a mod on this board. You don't know me at all, yet you accuse me of one of the worst things you can claim a person to be. I am confortable knowing that all of the black folks I have been and still am friends with would have my back in this argument with you. There are plenty of peole who would step up and point out the fool that you are for saying that. It's a serious, dangerous accusation and you're pathetic for doing so. F you. Seriously.

You are one of the few people on this board who CONSISTENTLY see things through a prism of race. The nearest example being your mentioning of white supremacists a few responses back. Who brings that up (as a response to the post quoted) unless they see things primarily through the prism of race? Reflect on it a while....

The fact that I don't like Al Sharpton doesn't make me a racist. You'll likely never understand that. Tough. Sharpton is a race baiter who makes a living off of racial tension. He has no compelling reason to see an end to tension, as an end would mean his loss of income. Racism pays his bills and if need be, he'd find racism in an empty room if it meant a dollar to him.

As far as "troll" talk..... That's your answer to whatever you don't agree with. It's the same as your tossing out the term "racist." Pathetic.

Judging by your posts, I would never consider you a friend. This post of yours today only confirms that.

tuckahoeskin
06-09-2011, 08:17 AM
I agree. It sounds like some personal tiffs that may be better settled over PM.

Way to make a stand there.

akhhorus
06-09-2011, 08:36 AM
Actually I assumed they met at a secret B'nai B'rith meeting but I disguised my assumption with the "wealthy liberal" explanation. /sarcasm

No, thats all Jews. Get it straight. And we meet at Bagel shops(my meetup group is at Bagel City). Im sure we'll have a good laugh at your mistaken impressions during the next ham sacrifice.

dj_stouty
06-09-2011, 08:48 AM
Way to make a stand there.

Just trying to difuse the situation. Would you like me to take a stand and say...ban you for using profanity - as you have earlier in this thread?

Your beef with Keino is personal and a full out fight in this thread isn't warranted. Take it to PMs.

tuckahoeskin
06-09-2011, 09:19 AM
Just trying to difuse the situation. Would you like me to take a stand and say...ban you for using profanity - as you have earlier in this thread?

Your beef with Keino is personal and a full out fight in this thread isn't warranted. Take it to PMs.

The guy is calling me a racist and you say nothing about that. Make a stand. If you want to ban me for saying this, you feel that's warranted, then fine. I don't believe it is warranted, though. You have a MOD who has routinely tossed out the term "troll" at those with whom he disagrees. How is that behavior condoned? Especially from a moderator? What in my response to him would make you bring the word "ban" into discussion? Other members have PM'd me about his behavior. The problem is with him, not me.

rskinsfan10
06-09-2011, 09:23 AM
The guy is calling me a racist and you say nothing about that. Make a stand. If you want to ban me for saying this, you feel that's warranted, then fine. I don't believe it is warranted, though. You have a MOD who has routinely tossed out the term "troll" at those with whom he disagrees. How is that behavior condoned? Especially from a moderator? What in my response to him would make you bring the word "ban" into discussion? Other members have PM'd me about his behavior. The problem is with him, not me.
How about the profanity that he mentioned?

tuckahoeskin
06-09-2011, 09:24 AM
How about the profanity that he mentioned?

Is that worse than a MOD calling a member a racist?

rskinsfan10
06-09-2011, 09:26 AM
Is that worse than a MOD calling a member a racist?Around here, yes it is.

tuckahoeskin
06-09-2011, 09:33 AM
Around here, yes it is.

Then why hasn't the word in question been removed from that post? (Honest question)

Just so that everyone is on the same page, if a mod doesn't agree with someone he can label that person a racist? How is that right?

rskinsfan10
06-09-2011, 09:39 AM
Then why hasn't the word in question been removed from that post? (Honest question)Because I'm too lazy to do it. If you've been told by the Chief Mod and an Owner that it's a problem, then the expectation/hope is that you would do it yourself.

RedskinsDave
06-09-2011, 09:42 AM
Then why hasn't the word in question been removed from that post? (Honest question)

Just so that everyone is on the same page, if a mod doesn't agree with someone he can label that person a racist? How is that right?

Come on, man. You dropped the racism thing in the thread. Delete your other comment.

Keino
06-09-2011, 09:48 AM
Keino,

You should never have been made a mod on this board. You don't know me at all, yet you accuse me of one of the worst things you can claim a person to be. I am confortable knowing that all of the black folks I have been and still am friends with would have my back in this argument with you. There are plenty of peole who would step up and point out the fool that you are for saying that. It's a serious, dangerous accusation and you're pathetic for doing so. F you. Seriously.

You are one of the few people on this board who CONSISTENTLY see things through a prism of race. The nearest example being your mentioning of white supremacists a few responses back. Who brings that up (as a response to the post quoted) unless they see things primarily through the prism of race? Reflect on it a while....

The fact that I don't like Al Sharpton doesn't make me a racist. You'll likely never understand that. Tough. Sharpton is a race baiter who makes a living off of racial tension. He has no compelling reason to see an end to tension, as an end would mean his loss of income. Racism pays his bills and if need be, he'd find racism in an empty room if it meant a dollar to him.

As far as "troll" talk..... That's your answer to whatever you don't agree with. It's the same as your tossing out the term "racist." Pathetic.

Judging by your posts, I would never consider you a friend. This post of yours today only confirms that.

You asked a question and I answered it honestly. Perhaps you don't remember asking if and why Fatty and I thought you to be a racist. You didn't like my answer, but that is the danger of asking questions.....sometimes you won't like the answer.

I don't recall ever thinking you a friend or asking for your friendship.

And for the record, I don't like Al Sharpton.

I expressed my opinion. As a Mod, I am not precluded from expressing such an opinion. I don't see how it's remotely dangerous to express an opinion as to your racial tolerance or lack thereof.

RedskinsDave
06-09-2011, 09:52 AM
And for the record, I don't like Al Sharpton.

Racist.

CNYSkinFan
06-09-2011, 09:54 AM
Racist.
freedom hater

akhhorus
06-09-2011, 10:02 AM
Has anyone seen Sharpton recently? Its like he looked into the Ark of the Covenant for 5 minutes.

CNYSkinFan
06-09-2011, 10:45 AM
there is a part of me that catn wait for Sharpton and Jackson to move on from this mortal coil so the conservatives can stop reflexively bringing them up. Neither has been politically relevant for 10-20 years yet have been the right wing boogey men for years.

justinskins
06-09-2011, 11:42 AM
Is that worse than a MOD calling a member a racist?

Mods can call you racist, you just can't call them racist. Then you get warned.

Fathead
06-09-2011, 11:46 AM
Going back to the actual topic, with the pregnancy added on top, I personally don't care if the guy wants to have an affair or whatever. Sure, he's a douche for it, but that's between him and his pregnant wife.

What bothers me is the sheer stupidity of how he was doing it. Pics on twitter? Then claiming a hack? This just shows a level of idiocy and ignorance that shouldn't exist in a rep. I personally don't care if he resigns or not as he's not my rep, but if I was I'd be horribly pissed, just like I was for Larry Wide Stance Craig.

RedskinsDave
06-09-2011, 12:01 PM

You need to learn when to mind your own business, kid.

akhhorus
06-09-2011, 12:04 PM
Can we close this thread for the good of the republic? The Weiner and Weiner/Stewart stories have run their course and nothing productive is happening anymore.

justinskins
06-09-2011, 12:07 PM

I think it is my business. I was warned and threatened with permanent banishment from the forum because I said (wrongly and inappropriately) that a mod on the forum was prejudiced. I was told there was a strict policy against making personal accusations, and that even though that particular mod had called me a racist in the past, that sort of behavior would not be tolerated by anyone in the future. I took my punishment like a man and agreed never to make those sorts of accusations again, because I don't have a problem following the rules so long as they are clear and enforced.

Now I see one mod calling a member racist, and a site owner saying that when a mod calls someone a racist, it's not as serious as using dirty words. Which makes me wonder why I was warned in the first place, and whether there's one behavior policy for mods and another for ordinary users.

Keino
06-09-2011, 12:32 PM
I think it is my business. I was warned and threatened with permanent banishment from the forum because I said (wrongly and inappropriately) that a mod on the forum was prejudiced. I was told there was a strict policy against making personal accusations, and that even though that particular mod had called me a racist in the past, that sort of behavior would not be tolerated by anyone in the future. I took my punishment like a man and agreed never to make those sorts of accusations again, because I don't have a problem following the rules so long as they are clear and enforced.

Now I see one mod calling a member racist, and a site owner saying that when a mod calls someone a racist, it's not as serious as using dirty words. Which makes me wonder why I was warned in the first place, and whether there's one behavior policy for mods and another for ordinary users.

I think there is a bit of a difference between what I did here and what you did whether I agreed with what happened to you as a result or not.

Tuck asked the question specifically. I didn't just take one of his questionable posts and call him a racist. He specifically asked if and why I thought it, so I told him. In other words, my comment was solicited, yours was not. A fine distinction I admit.

You will note, that since I was directly involved in the conflict, that I didn't issue any warnings about profanity and the like. However, what he did was specifically against the rules, and he only made these allegations of different standards (the one you are making now) after being warned (and this was not the first time he had been warned about getting his emotions in check). Unless of course you think we should allow users to call other users "pussy" and say "F You" or use other forms of profanity, all of which Tuck has a history of doing.

hail2skins
06-09-2011, 02:47 PM

Just so that everyone is on the same page, if a mod doesn't agree with someone he can label that person a racist? How is that right?From my reading of this thread, you were the one to bring up race. You mentioned a specific group of people in a post, Keino mentioned a specific group of people in a response to you. You bought up race after that and then asked people why they felt you were that way. One of them gave you an honest answer and you don't like it. Get over it and move on with the discussion. He didn't call you a racist.

You have dropped the F bomb on the thread several times at different members. Watch it. That's all I'm saying.

Ibleedburgundy
06-09-2011, 03:56 PM
there is a part of me that catn wait for Sharpton and Jackson to move on from this mortal coil so the conservatives can stop reflexively bringing them up. Neither has been politically relevant for 10-20 years yet have been the right wing boogey men for years.

It'll make no difference. They need someone to hate. They'll just move on to the next guy without missing a beat.

Keino
06-09-2011, 04:36 PM
Tuck you asked if I thought you were a racist and why and I answered in the affirmative and explained why. I think it's funny to note that A) you are demanding action be taken; and B) that the first thing you did was talk about how you have black friends who would defend that accusation.

Skins7ny
06-09-2011, 05:48 PM
I haven't checked the site all day since I last posted last night. Have I missed anything? In all seriousness, except for the quotation marks that I included (see below), I meant nothing racial in my post, I am sorry it sparked all the posts that followed. Race (like religion) continues to be a very sensitive subject.

Actually I assumed they met at a secret B'nai B'rith meeting but I disguised my assumption with the "wealthy liberal" explanation. /sarcasm I figured you would pick up on the meaning behind the quotation marks. :) Glad to see my concern was unfounded.

No, thats all Jews. Get it straight. And we meet at Bagel shops(my meetup group is at Bagel City). Im sure we'll have a good laugh at your mistaken impressions during the next ham sacrifice.
As we established in a prior thread (you know the one), you are not Jewish. It offends me that you cynically trot out your "I am Jewish" shtick when it suits you in an argument, but you do not otherwise identify youself as Jewish or follow any of the religions dictates. Literally millions of people have died because of their self-identification as Jews through the centuries. Please stop treating it as a hat that you can take off and put back on when it suits you. And what the hell is a "ham sacrifice" anyway?

Of course all wealth liberals vote the same. They are liberal. Liberals of whatever income level are not going to vote Republican.

Dave, don't you think your response is just a little heavy-handed? Justin was just expressing his opinion, which he backed up factually, that sometimes mods (and I would add, friends/contributors to the site) are treated different than others on this site. I think Justin has every right to point this out, even if he did not personally experience it. The fact that he has personally experienced it (or feels he has) adds extra weight to his right to make the observation. I have noticed the difference in treatment as well in other contexts. You may sincerely in your heart believe that the rules are always enforced against every poster the same, but your response is condescending, arrogant and somewhat makes his point for him.

RedskinsDave
06-09-2011, 06:27 PM
It was supposed to be condescending, so thanks.

akhhorus
06-09-2011, 06:33 PM
I guess some people are just really desperate for attention.

Skins7ny
06-09-2011, 06:48 PM
I guess some people are just really desperate for attention.
And some people are just dooshes.

rskinsfan10
06-09-2011, 09:10 PM

Now I see one mod calling a member racist, and a site owner saying that when a mod calls someone a racist, it's not as serious as using dirty words. Which makes me wonder why I was warned in the first place, and whether there's one behavior policy for mods and another for ordinary users.What I wonder is why you are even in this discussion? You aren't armed with all of the facts, so you probably will not understand. Guess what, tough!! I am not interested in bringing you up to speed with everything that is going on here with this particular issue, nor am I impressed with your attempt at martyrdom in regards to this. Either stay on topic, or stay on topic. I do believe those two options are well within reason at this point.