PDA

View Full Version : Redskins 121 0ut of 122

Sean T RIP
06-16-2011, 08:42 AM
wow haw the mighty have fallen
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/post/espn-ranks-redskins-second-to-last-among-big-four-pro-sports-franchises/2011/06/15/AGvejAWH_blog.html

CNYSkinFan
06-16-2011, 09:20 AM
The lawyers are drafting their papers to sue ESPN as we speak

Skaggsrules
06-16-2011, 09:29 AM
In your face Bengals

RedskinsDave
06-16-2011, 09:30 AM
While I have no issue with the Redskins being so low, I am skeptical of the list because it has the Tampa Bay Lightning at number 2. Really?

Keino
06-16-2011, 09:33 AM
While I have no issue with the Redskins being so low, I am skeptical of the list because it has the Tampa Bay Lightning at number 2. Really?

There is some crazy formula they have for determining the rankings and one has to do with getting max value for players and being good for fan experience. The Lighting did well in both of those areas. Meanwhile we had two very high priced fiascos and we all know that the fan experience is rated pretty poorly.

BIGREDSKINSFAN1963
06-16-2011, 10:17 AM
not gonna get any better as long as snyder owns the team! those ten years of insanity with vinny put them this low!:devil2:

shally
06-16-2011, 10:29 AM
meh.. winning cures almost everything...

CNYSkinFan
06-16-2011, 10:31 AM
meh.. winning cures almost everything...
that rings hollower after every losing season...and i doubt this year will be any better

shally
06-16-2011, 10:32 AM
that rings hollower after every losing season...and i doubt this year will be any better

totally agree.. but as soon as we return to the playoffs, that will quickly change

CNYSkinFan
06-16-2011, 10:34 AM
totally agree.. but as soon as we return to the playoffs, that will quickly change
yeah but by then we will all be enthralled with the mars colony uprisings that we wont have time to pay attention to football

shally
06-16-2011, 10:37 AM
yeah but by then we will all be enthralled with the mars colony uprisings that we wont have time to pay attention to football

i dont have that many decades left in this decrepit body.. forces me to remain optimistic

redskin_rich
06-16-2011, 12:06 PM
The Skins can't even be the best at being the worst... lol

shally
06-16-2011, 01:34 PM

Post of the Day !!!!!

JoeJacksonTaylor28
06-16-2011, 02:06 PM
As some of you know, I don't reside in the country.... I wonder...Is the stadium experience not enjoyable? I can't wait to get there someday.

Keino
06-16-2011, 02:14 PM
As some of you know, I don't reside in the country.... I wonder...Is the stadium experience not enjoyable? I can't wait to get there someday.

It's much improved, but it still sucks. But really, my enjoyment is usually determined by the outcome of the game.

Skinz4lyfe
06-16-2011, 02:37 PM
We're behind the Clippers? Now that's bad. Smh.

jaylen
06-16-2011, 03:07 PM
This list is crap we have one of the best loyal fanbases ever and that doesn't happen if you have such a horrible ranking. we sign the wrong guys mess the draft up a bunch ecome a laughing stock on the regular but on Sundays at the games or at home the Skins are incredibly important to this community. It makes our week or ruins our Sunday dinner but its something we all love to no end.

I love the Skins screw ups and all.

I can still remember one of the most relaxed blissfull weeks of my life when Santana Moss caught those 2 bombs to steal victory from the Cowboys.

That was so fulfilling it was almost mystical in how satisfied I was with life at that point.

I was maybe the most frustrated I had ever been watching the game and then when we won incredible.

so screw what they say. lol

My dad died suddenly a couple month's back and he introduced me to the Skins when I was 4 and I've watched every game the last 36 years with him so when the Skins start up this season I will be watching and being with my dad in spirit and I will watch and it will be great and I will cry when its over for him not being there but its the thing that helped bond me and my dad so screw them.

Lavar703
06-16-2011, 03:31 PM
I have a hard time believing the Redskins are this bad-off. Maybe we've had some bad years but we still have a much better fanbase and fan experience than a team like the Jaguars. I've pretty much had my fill of ESPN and there ranking systems.

Farmer Ted
06-16-2011, 05:05 PM
This list is crap we have one of the best loyal fanbases ever and that doesn't happen if you have such a horrible ranking. we sign the wrong guys mess the draft up a bunch ecome a laughing stock on the regular but on Sundays at the games or at home the Skins are incredibly important to this community. It makes our week or ruins our Sunday dinner but its something we all love to no end.

I didn't read the article that closely, but that is precisely why the Skins are so low; they have a hardcore, loyal fanbase who gets let down year in and year out. They're below teams like the Clippers because the Clippers have no fans at all. The perfect storm for this poll is Loyal Fans+Crap Team. Most of the other teams are just crap.

redskin_rich
06-17-2011, 12:27 AM
Fed-Ex Field Couldn't possibly be in a worse place for Sunday traffic on the beltway, the lots themselves are accessible only by 3 ramps that all lead into city streets with traffic lights, are cordoned off all over the place and all pedestrian routes intersect with car routes.

RFK was a dump but the fan experience there was incredible. And yes, even during the post Gibbs, losing era, '93-'96, the experience at RFK was incredible. Heck, half empty Nats and United games I have attended at RFK, more recently, were better experiences than some of the best at FedEx. Mostly because they didn't waste so many hours of my time in traffic and the fans were fans.

dj_stouty
06-17-2011, 08:24 AM
121st? C'mon...we should be at least 116th! :)

Rickskins76
06-17-2011, 11:38 AM
I agree with previous comments that we can't even be the best at being the worst...pathetic.

LadyNRedskinsfan
06-17-2011, 01:21 PM
Lmao. Well damn....

colkurtz
06-18-2011, 06:52 AM
We're next to last and we have a numbnut for an owner. Things could be worse. We could have a GM named Vinny and a Head Coach named Zorn....

Redskinny
07-08-2011, 12:51 AM
First and foremost, winning will cure everything. Just not sure when that will happen.

As for Fedex, I blame Jack Kent Cooke. I loved RFK, but I found Fedex a problem from the start.

Most of the RFK seats were covered. Most of Fedex is exposed to the elements. I thought parking was bad at RFK, but it's worse at Fedex. There's a wating list for parking and when called, you start in the Grey section -- a long walk from the Stadium. Even the Green parking is a long walk, and you need to buy club seats to get closer.

The restrooms are crowded, and initially the concessions were awful. Cooke wanted to encourage people to buy club seats to escape the crowds.

The leg room is less in Fedex than RFK, and I think the seats are narrower as well -- well maybe I'm broader. :)

And many stadiums have tables and chairs to eat. The LL and UL do not. Again, you need to go to club.

The security measures are far worse -- partly due to 911, but I believe the real reason for security is to make certain that you do not sneak in a bag of peanuts.

Fortunately, Snyder has gotten the message. Security is friendlier, rest rooms are being cleaned more often, we got a HD screen with replays, and they've improving the variety of food in the LL and UL. The new party area will also help improve the experience.

Even if we were a winning team, the Fedex experience is average at best.

Patrick
07-08-2011, 06:36 AM
First and foremost, winning will cure everything. Just not sure when that will happen.

As for Fedex, I blame Jack Kent Cooke. I loved RFK, but I found Fedex a problem from the start.

Most of the RFK seats were covered. Most of Fedex is exposed to the elements. I thought parking was bad at RFK, but it's worse at Fedex. There's a wating list for parking and when called, you start in the Grey section -- a long walk from the Stadium. Even the Green parking is a long walk, and you need to buy club seats to get closer.

The restrooms are crowded, and initially the concessions were awful. Cooke wanted to encourage people to buy club seats to escape the crowds.

The leg room is less in Fedex than RFK, and I think the seats are narrower as well -- well maybe I'm broader. :)

And many stadiums have tables and chairs to eat. The LL and UL do not. Again, you need to go to club.

The security measures are far worse -- partly due to 911, but I believe the real reason for security is to make certain that you do not sneak in a bag of peanuts.

Fortunately, Snyder has gotten the message. Security is friendlier, rest rooms are being cleaned more often, we got a HD screen with replays, and they've improving the variety of food in the LL and UL. The new party area will also help improve the experience.

Even if we were a winning team, the Fedex experience is average at best.

BULL**** ...........Blame Sharon Pratt Kelly. Cook wanted to rebuild RFK staduim but Kelly the one who screwed that up.

bigmike7914
07-10-2011, 05:48 PM

I love the Skins screw ups and all.

I can still remember one of the most relaxed blissfull weeks of my life when Santana Moss caught those 2 bombs to steal victory from the Cowboys.

That was so fulfilling it was almost mystical in how satisfied I was with life at that point.

I was maybe the most frustrated I had ever been watching the game and then when we won incredible.

so screw what they say. lol

My dad died suddenly a couple month's back and he introduced me to the Skins when I was 4 and I've watched every game the last 36 years with him so when the Skins start up this season I will be watching and being with my dad in spirit and I will watch and it will be great and I will cry when its over for him not being there but its the thing that helped bond me and my dad so screw them.Im totally with you my man, I dont care about the rankings or none of that crap I love the Skins and always will, sure Snyder has made some mistakes but at the end of the day the players and coaches have to be held accountable for their mistakes, how can this list have any cred when the lions haven't had any success or even been remotely competitive in over 25 years. Last year we had at least six games that all we needed was one play and we would have won so we have all the tools we have to put them together but until that day it's still HAIL REDSKINS!!!!!!