PDA

View Full Version : New Facebook Layout

28thegreat
09-22-2011, 06:55 PM
Anyone got this figured out that can give me a primer on what changed and how to use the new features. I really don't mind that FB decided to shake things up, I just can't find any reasonable explanation for what changed and how to use it now.

smoak
09-22-2011, 07:39 PM
I really only use FB on my phone riding the train and I don't notice change... But people are ticked!

RedskinsDave
09-22-2011, 08:18 PM
Eh, people always cry when FB changes things. I don't know if we are getting different feeds of updates but I know in the right corner there is basically a live feed that updates everything any of your friends do. I have hundreds of friends so mine runs like a stock ticker. I should really pare down my list.

cal_junior
09-22-2011, 08:30 PM
http://i53.tinypic.com/fp40pd.png

28thegreat
09-22-2011, 09:06 PM
Well, I'm not so ticked or angry. I realize its a free service and everything and I actually believe they have every right to change the service at any time. I was just asking a rather honest question. Has any one found a site or blog or anything that gives a little help in figuring out the changes. They may actually make sense once I figure them out. I too rarely used FB until about two years ago. Reconnected with a lot of old friends going back forty years. I really didn't care so much what they had for dinner last night or whatever, but when one of them lost his wife to cancer, I was grateful for FB. And when a couple that I performed the wedding ceremony for had their first child after five years trying...I am grateful for FB.

Passepartout74
09-22-2011, 09:25 PM
It doesn't bother me. As long as it is free. I am used to anything and everything. And will take it as they come.

cal_junior
09-22-2011, 09:33 PM
Well, I'm not so ticked or angry. I realize its a free service and everything and I actually believe they have every right to change the service at any time. I was just asking a rather honest question. Has any one found a site or blog or anything that gives a little help in figuring out the changes. They may actually make sense once I figure them out. I too rarely used FB until about two years ago. Reconnected with a lot of old friends going back forty years. I really didn't care so much what they had for dinner last night or whatever, but when one of them lost his wife to cancer, I was grateful for FB. And when a couple that I performed the wedding ceremony for had their first child after five years trying...I am grateful for FB.

Honestly I don't think this round of changes is all that dramatic. Facebook is just trying to stay ahead of Twitter and Google+ as much as possible. Just wait until "Timelines" comes out here in a few weeks. People are going to lose their minds, lol.

Here is a link that describes how to undo a few of the recent changes:

http://www.itworld.com/it-managementstrategy/205847/six-biggest-changes-facebook-and-how-undo-them

AGibbsGirl
09-23-2011, 07:50 AM
For all of you that are on FB with me...so sorry that I somehow sent everyone on my friends list a "Family" request...still not sure what I did wrong...

redskin_rich
09-23-2011, 08:52 AM
For all of you that are on FB with me...so sorry that I somehow sent everyone on my friends list a "Family" request...still not sure what I did wrong...

And I thought I was being extended an honor to be considered a family member... :o

hail2skins
09-24-2011, 09:00 AM
Anyone got this figured out that can give me a primer on what changed and how to use the new features. I really don't mind that FB decided to shake things up, I just can't find any reasonable explanation for what changed and how to use it now.
Did you check out their "Help Section"? Upper right-hand corner of the screen, click the arrow and you'll see a section for help.

Patrick
09-26-2011, 08:42 AM
No big deal ..... the more you play with it the easier it gets. ..