PDA

View Full Version : Why this team will finish 10-6

Skin-E-Dip
10-23-2011, 09:30 PM
Why should anyone have optimism with this team. Year after year disappointment.

But this team has actually been pretty consistent this year. Good running game and strong defense EXCEPT against mobile QB's. Against stiffs, this team has a lock down, turn over causing D. But mobile QB's (Vick, Newton, Romo) have had their way with this team. And because defense wins this team games, things actually might be on the bright side.

Here are the stiff QB's left on the schedule: Bills, 49ers, Dolphins, Seahawks, Jets, Pats, Giants, and Vikes. 1 loss against the Pats and 7 wins.

Mobile QB's left: Cowboys, Eagles. 2 losses.

This will give us a 10-6 record. I know all of this is (insert negative word which may or may not be allowed to be said in church), but I feel guilty even remotely feeling good about this team again, so I might as well go down in flames.

Skins5505
10-23-2011, 09:43 PM
Meh, we cant stop the run. Fred Jackson and Frank Gore are going to have field days with us in the next two games. Im prepared to go to 3-5.

CNYSkinFan
10-23-2011, 09:45 PM
yeah...uhm, sure....

cal_junior
10-23-2011, 09:47 PM
Meh, we cant stop the run. Fred Jackson and Frank Gore are going to have field days with us in the next two games. Im prepared to go to 3-5.

We may end up 3-5, but we'll be better against the run than your think in those games. What's been killing the Skins is the mobile QB.

When Atogwe gets healthy I think the Skins' defense will be fine.

Biggie
10-23-2011, 09:50 PM
Really?

Lavar703
10-23-2011, 09:53 PM
I knew something like this was coming. Face the music fellas, this is your 2011 Redskins. We are not very good and we are not rebuilding and as I type this Leigh Torrence scores a touch down with the Saints lol.

jaylen
10-23-2011, 09:56 PM
my 1st instinct to this is to say this is all crazy talk.

but there is something to us having a complete inability to contain a qb that gives us multiple looks with versatility.

Both the eagles and the panthers had alot of misdirection stuff where their qb was not always in the same spots its clear either we lack the personel to contain this situation or its a complete failure in the gameplan by haslett to figure out how to deal with a qb who moves around and an offense thats just alittle bit unorthodox.

Maybe its both. Its clear going on a 2nd year we have no real answer for qb's with mobility. We really don't have a fast defense.

JRudy
10-23-2011, 10:06 PM
While we're at it, Beck is going to the pro bowl too.

SkinsfaninNJ
10-23-2011, 10:13 PM
Here is the problem with your theory, the d line was being blown off the ball all game long. I mean within a split second of the snap the line had already been pushed back 2 yards. Some running plays, they looked like they were playing on roller skates.

Running QB or not, if they can't stop the other team's RB, this team is doomed.

CNYSkinFan
10-23-2011, 10:28 PM
just because we have trouble stopping mobile qbs does not mean we are invincible to traditional qbs. We only beat a depleted giants squad, and crappy cardinal team and a crappier st louis team.

I am willing to bet we will be closer to 6-10 then 10-6.

redskin_rich
10-23-2011, 10:52 PM
Please, pass me that joint you're smoking.

tribeinca
10-23-2011, 11:06 PM
I will give you the benefit of a doubt by assuming you ate something wrong or drank too much. Try again when you are better.

TrueOracle
10-24-2011, 12:35 AM
10 - 6? Is that the score of next weeks game? 10th pick in the 6th round of the upcoming draft? Number of players out for the 6th game of the year? There's no way you're talking about this team going 10 - 6. They won't even be 6 - 10! This team sucks (and that is said with laughter in my voice). Unfortunately, we've been banished to the sideshow of the NFL.

Here's the best part - we have nothing to look forward to! This team is in shambles.

Santheb
10-24-2011, 12:50 AM
Did you get those glasses at redskins.com?

Are you Larry Michael...?

TommyLeeTKD
10-24-2011, 02:33 AM
Doubt we can beat the Vikings if we face Ponder, whose pretty mobile and will only get better.

colkurtz
10-24-2011, 02:54 AM
Depends how far and fast Beck improves. Same with the new WR group. We're only gong to win with 20+ point games. Defense has to figure how to stop the run. We still haven't got the best talent at NT or DT - critical for the 3-4.

I'm still hoping we can just get to 6-10 or 8-8.

flave1969
10-24-2011, 03:00 AM
This is not about how we do against mobile QB's, the issues run deep and we have been found out across the board because you can't hide weakness for long in the NFL.

This season is at a crossroads right now and the signs are not good. We have regressed game on game, not improved.

colkurtz
10-24-2011, 03:02 AM
This is not about how we do against mobile QB's, the issues run deep and we have been found out across the board because you can't hide weakness for long in the NFL.

This season is at a crossroads right now and the signs are not good. We have regressed game on game, not improved.

+1 that why they're running all over us in the first half.....

dogfight6
10-24-2011, 07:14 AM
The schedule says different. With the fins and the seahawks as the only 50-50 chance at wins, the Skins will win just enough to not get a Qb. in the draft. Get prepared for 4-12 5-11 at best.

Keino
10-24-2011, 07:25 AM
The schedule says different. With the fins and the seahawks as the only 50-50 chance at wins, the Skins will win just enough to not get a Qb. in the draft. Get prepared for 4-12 5-11 at best.

A record like that and we are picking in the Top 10. Landry Jones and possibly Matt Barkley will be available for us. We just won't get Andrew Luck, but we should be in position to get a QB. Now Shanny actually pulling the trigger, I make no predictions about one way or the other. One would also have to wonder if Shanny would even be brought back under a scenario where the team regresses to 5-11 or 4-12. I would think yes, but you have to wonder.

As to the OP, What the heck did you see against Carolina or any of the previous games except the Giants game that made you believe that this is a 10-6 team? I see a team riddled with injuries, shaky QB play, playmakers who don't make plays and an offensive coordinator who couldn't make the right call with directory assistance, not to mention a defense that has been exposed in its inability to stop the run in the 2nd straight week.

BIGREDSKINSFAN1963
10-24-2011, 07:36 AM
with luck,8-8,most likely 6-10,and no way we finish 10-6!
i will say this,no way the skins are anywhere close to being as bad as the colts or the rams are.unless a miracle happens,the colts are gonna end up with andrew luck,they are god awful!

CNYSkinFan
10-24-2011, 07:55 AM
At least under Zorn's first year we got to 5-2 before the collapse. Anyone remember how going 3-1 against a bunch of crappy teams while barely winning was proof of a high quality character team with a top notch defense? It was all a mirage because of who we were playing. That is why how you win early in the NFL season is as important as winning in terms of judging whether a team is real or not.

SkinsfaninNJ
10-24-2011, 08:25 AM
At least under Zorn's first year we got to 5-2 before the collapse. Anyone remember how going 3-1 against a bunch of crappy teams while barely winning was proof of a high quality character team with a top notch defense? It was all a mirage because of who we were playing. That is why how you win early in the NFL season is as important as winning in terms of judging whether a team is real or not.

In defense of the Zorn years (did I just type that?), the team did go on the road in back to back weeks to beat the Cowboys and Eagles (if memory serves). That was a big accomplishment.

culpeper
10-24-2011, 08:43 AM
Love the enthusiasm, and youve got a point with the 2 mobile QBs we just played.

But this thread is nuts. We've regressed each game since the pre-season. I felt that we were getting "pulled down" with Rex in there, but Beck did just fine and we got blown out.

SpicyMcHaggis
10-24-2011, 08:48 AM

This concept is unfortunately lost on many people, including folks who run the ship at Redskins Park.

RedskinsDave
10-24-2011, 08:50 AM
I think the team is exactly what I originally thought, which is a 7-9 win team depending on how things fall. The Giants win was one of the divisional home wins that will happen. Beating the Cards and Rams was expected because they stink. Losing to Philly made sense. Losing to Carolina wasn't expected but that's one of those losses-that-should-be-wins that you expect from a .500 caliber team. They will win one or two that we don't expect too.

The 3-1 start gave some people too much optimism when the team's play didn't indicate you should really have any.

Patrick
10-24-2011, 09:04 AM
10-6 ????? NOT THIS YEAR!

SpicyMcHaggis
10-24-2011, 09:04 AM
I think the team is exactly what I originally thought, which is a 7-9 win team depending on how things fall. The Giants win was one of the divisional home wins that will happen. Beating the Cards and Rams was expected because they stink. Losing to Philly made sense. Losing to Carolina wasn't expected but that's one of those losses-that-should-be-wins that you expect from a .500 caliber team. They will win one or two that we don't expect too.

The 3-1 start gave some people too much optimism when the team's play didn't indicate you should really have any.
That could put us in a terrible position draft-wise in the first round if we are looking for a QB. Knowing us, we will do just that then. lol

Rickskins76
10-24-2011, 09:25 AM
We are going to finish 4-12 and finally draft a franchise QB.

I am trying to look at the bright side of our lack of depth at every position. It was bound to happen eventually, the injuries are piling up and it is only a matter of time before more go down. Our team does not have the depth to compete for an entire season.

At least we will be in position to get a high draft pick and grab on of the QB's in the draft. As I see it only Indy and Miami will be drafting a QB in front of us. Also, Beck performed about how I expected he would, and even with the turnovers was better than Grossman. If they decide to put Sexy Rexy back in this season, I will stop watching because I don't want to damage my tv.

GibbsFan
10-24-2011, 09:35 AM
reverse it to 6-10 and you are about right. although we could tailspin into something even worse. I originally thought we would win 4-6 games, and right now there is no reason to be confident about winning any of the remaining games.

Buffalo is very much a probable loss. Three straight losses will most likely turn into four when the improving 49ers come calling. that means the troops will most likely have to rally the season with a win down in Miami, and we owe Dallas big which could get us to 5-5.

If we are lucky enough to get back to .500 with a win against Dallas, it will create more false hopes and dreams of what we really are. The team will then set in for a late season swoon where we most likely lose five of six or even all six to close out yet another sorry season of Redskins FB courtesy of Snyder. :smash:

smave
10-24-2011, 10:33 AM
I just don't see how this team is capable of pulling off 3-4 more wins. I don't see it.

Redskinmayhem
10-24-2011, 11:16 AM
Ponder is a Rook. We will lose to him and his Vikes.

shally
10-24-2011, 11:20 AM
Ponder is a Rook. We will lose to him and his Vikes.

sadly, that is likely true.. at least it wont be McNabb getting revenge...

Redskinmayhem
10-24-2011, 11:23 AM

It is sad...somehow, Haslett and his D are befuddled and bamboozled by the "Deer in the headlights" look of most Rookie QB's. It's like they have no clue what to do when faced with a first year signal caller lol.

bergiemoore
10-24-2011, 11:32 AM
It is sad...somehow, Haslett and his D are befuddled and bamboozled by the "Deer in the headlights" look of most Rookie QB's. It's like they have no clue what to do when faced with a first year signal caller lol.

To be fair, Newton has befuddled and bamboozled most of the defenses that have played him this year, and will continue to do so. This kid is something special.

Emmanouel8
10-24-2011, 11:50 AM
Hard to justify a 10-6 prediction based on the performance thus far.

We have some pieces in place to be competitive but we need a Franchise QB and NT to get over the hump.

We may be able to get those pieces and add some depth if we stay on this current course.

Emmanouel8
10-24-2011, 11:58 AM

You must be stewing all over again watching Ponder and Dalton performing so early.

Cam's performance so far has been very impressive. I thought he'd be a total bust but the kid has a nice touch on the ball. He's playing like I thought Campbell would when he came out.

Defenses may catch up to all of them but they are executing to some level at least.

Maybe we should've picked up Mallet at the very least, or Stanzi even later. In hindsight wasting time on Grossman was monumental blunder on Shanahan's clock. I believe bigger than McNabb or Haynesworth.

Skins3
10-24-2011, 10:32 PM
I dont see the team winning another game.

I was given tickets to the patriots game and doubt I will be useing them now unless I really want to see Tom Brady have maybe a career game.

ldsdbomber
10-25-2011, 02:05 AM
10-6? I'll take some of that spliff my friend. Still amazes me how easily people will blind themselves to the truth. This team sucks. They will be lucky to win ONE more game, have you looked at the schedule? Where are these wins coming from. If they get to 6-10 they will have exceeded expectations.

How many times will people predict good things, slag off the "mediots" for doom and gloom (Cowher, 3-13? he wont be far wrong now will he), and then conveniently forget year after year after year after year after year and repeat.

LOL. 10-6?

Can't we start a serious discussion forum somewhere, there must be others who are tired of the fanboy nonsense and ra-ra-ra rubbish, laughing at how other teams cheerleaders look, laughing at predictions of people who follow the game in detail, predicting nonsense success when the roster is full of turds.

It would actually be interesting to discuss where the franchise heads from here, how many years it might take to retool and redevelop, what coaching philosophies and drafting philosophies are needed. I don't like what I've seen from the coaches so far, the roster is certainly awful, but yeah, keep telling yourself the skins will do alright... again.....

Goskins11
10-25-2011, 08:38 AM
10-6? I'll take some of that spliff my friend. Still amazes me how easily people will blind themselves to the truth. This team sucks. They will be lucky to win ONE more game, have you looked at the schedule? Where are these wins coming from. If they get to 6-10 they will have exceeded expectations.

How many times will people predict good things, slag off the "mediots" for doom and gloom (Cowher, 3-13? he wont be far wrong now will he), and then conveniently forget year after year after year after year after year and repeat.

LOL. 10-6?

Can't we start a serious discussion forum somewhere, there must be others who are tired of the fanboy nonsense and ra-ra-ra rubbish, laughing at how other teams cheerleaders look, laughing at predictions of people who follow the game in detail, predicting nonsense success when the roster is full of turds.

It would actually be interesting to discuss where the franchise heads from here, how many years it might take to retool and redevelop, what coaching philosophies and drafting philosophies are needed. I don't like what I've seen from the coaches so far, the roster is certainly awful, but yeah, keep telling yourself the skins will do alright... again.....

Interesting point. I'm definitely not thinking that they will go 10-6. ha. I would like to see what we have with these rookie wide recievers, and i would like to see more helu. shanny is driving me nuts but i'm not ready to call for his head until next season. Let's just see how the picks progress before we try to get another coach in here. I think next year they need to pick up OL in the draft and a franchise qb. They need a cover cb and ILbs as well. Maybe even a NT if neild or coefield continue to struggle. I think they need to decide if hankerson can be that big wide reciever threat that we all hope he can be.Also, if Beck keeps playing decent a progresses he might not be that awful of a caretaker. Let's see what we got with this youth movement before we jump ship or be head shanny. I'm still hopeful that the team can go to 8-8.

skinfan43
10-25-2011, 10:08 AM
http://youtu.be/Qwq7BYOnDrM

'Nuff said.

Goskins11
10-25-2011, 03:24 PM
http://youtu.be/Qwq7BYOnDrM

'Nuff said.

YES!!! that is the best segment ever. I love mora's pitch when he says, "Play offs?"