PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Manning - The Answer

Skin-E-Dip
11-16-2011, 08:34 PM
All this talk about Andrew Luck but seeing the game against Oregon made me realize one thing : with our offensive line and lack of weapons on offense, Luck and every other rookie QB possibility is going to be running for their life for the first two years. They will quickly become damaged goods AKA Jason Campbell

If the Colts get the #1, they are certainly picking Luck. We look assured of having a top 5 pick and Indy would love the chance to take that pick straight up for Manning. Having Luck and still a top 5 pick would make it easy for the Indy fans to digest losing Manning. And that is the most important barrier from him leaving.

So does any of this make sense for the Redskins:

1) Manning was at the top of his game when he got hurt. Not some aging vet holding on to the glory years

2) Manning at 80% is better than any rookie QB would be after three years injury free

3) This years Colts prove that Manning can singlehanded take a bottom team and make them a deep playoff threat. Without him they are the worst team in the league. Imagine what he can do for us and we are maybe 5 teams better.

4) Manning instantly improves our wr production and running game by opening up the deep pass. This means less skill position holes we need to fill through the draft or free agency and more for the O and D lines

5) Kyle Shanahan isnt going anywhere for the next two years. With Manning, however, you get a player who is 60% great QB and 40% offensive coordinator anyway.

I have always hated the big free agent names but if you got a chance to get Peyton Manning, you sell the farm. End of story. This team has no chance of being competitive for the next 5 years with the Giants and Dallas having young QB's. This is still a weak division and can be taking. Manning is the answer.

DaveKShape
11-16-2011, 08:48 PM
1) manning has missed an entire season after his 3rd neck surgery. there's no guarantee he'll even be back and ready to play next season... or ever.

2) we saw what happened when mcnabb tried to freelance a bit. kyle wants robots for his precious scheme. peyton manning's improvising and self-play-calling would be like mcnabb times 5 to kyle's dumb@$$ scheme. kyle wouldn't have it, and he'd be benched for *mediocre-to-terrible backup QB that kyle is infatuated with (hell... probably rex grossman again anyway)* even faster than mcnabb got benched.

3) i think the colts will keep manning around for at least 1 or 2 more seasons to mentor luck, even though manning's contract is expensive. luck won't be making sam bradford money thanks to the new wage scale. hell, i could totally see manning retiring in a few years and immediately becoming OC or even HC for the colts before he comes anywhere close to being our QB.

4) even if manning came here, something would go horribly horribly wrong, as it always does in redskin land. also, his contract would prevent us from spending money on real areas that we have need (cough OL, cough)

it's rookie or "young, hungry vet with legit potential" QB time.

Farmer Ted
11-16-2011, 08:55 PM
Manning would be perfect for the Skins. We could trade away 2-3 #1 picks, which makes drafting so much easier, and he would probably play almost as well as McNabb did. That would totally free up my Decembers and Januarys for the next 4 or 5 years.

cal_junior
11-16-2011, 09:02 PM
if you got a chance to get Peyton Manning, you sell the farm.

No, you sure don't. If you're going to sell the farm sell it for a guy who might be around for 12 years.

redskin_rich
11-16-2011, 09:12 PM
Thank you sir, may I have another. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdFLPn30dvQ)

hail2skins
11-16-2011, 09:22 PM
I have always hated the big free agent names but if you got a chance to get Peyton Manning, you sell the farm. End of story.
Please step away from the bar. You don't sell the farm on an injured, 15 year vet.

tribeinca
11-16-2011, 09:24 PM
I wonder how these wild scenarios/ideas come up. Common sense is no longer common any more. Are you the one posting this team will go 10-6 a few weeks ago?

colkurtz
11-16-2011, 09:56 PM
I'd say Manning is less than 50-50 toward playing again. No use being one of the QB greats and all that money if you can't move your neck or are in constant pain or are paralyzed.

Why would we trade a #1 for a QB who (even if he plays) has between 1-3 years of his career left. Our #1 draft pick can be used to get one of the top 3 QB right out of college. If he's franchise then you've got him for a decade.

We've tried the old, downside of their career QB with McKnabb, Brunell - how did that turn out?

Draft the best QB with our #1 pick and use most of the rest of the draft to build a young, talented OL.

Lavar703
11-16-2011, 10:11 PM
Aww come on, really?

justinskins
11-16-2011, 10:16 PM
We need to draft a QB in 2012.

colkurtz
11-16-2011, 10:33 PM
We need to draft a QB in 2012.

That statement should end this thread.

BTW - as someone who lives in constant heavy back pain [military related] it is no joke. As Peyton looks to the future after three neck injuries (I've had 3 spinal surgeries) the chance of making his future life a living hell of pain, or being paralyzed or a semi-cripple - he will have to decide if one more season is really going to be worth it. He'll end up in Canton, just without the number of SB rings that he wanted.

skinsfan36
11-16-2011, 10:37 PM
skinedip are you dan snyder?

Santheb
11-16-2011, 10:44 PM
If the question is who's won the most MVPs, you're right. If the question is should he be the next QB for the Skins, I'm gonna have to ask you to pass whatever it is you're smoking to the left.

hogs86
11-16-2011, 11:06 PM
The only way i would take Manning is if we get Matt Barkley as our first pick and give the colts a 3rd for Manning so he could groom him as the redskins starting qb.

SkinsGuru77
11-16-2011, 11:26 PM

you took the words right out of my mouth:)

But lets all be honest this team is a long way from being a playoff contender. We need to build thru the draft not go for one shot of glory. Plus even by the chance of Great Cesars Ghost we did get Manning what makes anyone here think he would last one game with our Offensive Line the way it is. Guy comming off 3 neck surgerys + our O-Line = Worst Tradgey in Football history.

Plus I honestly think with the albatros that is Mannings contract the Colts would be more likely to just cut him and go their seperate ways. I cant imagine anyone taking on the 28M option for next year (I might be wrong on the number) I belive the contract was structured in such a way that it allows the Colts to walk way after this season with no penalty. Thats why they havent put him on IR for the season, they want to see him rehab and when able particpate in practive to evaluate him for next year so they can decide what they will do in the draft.

Peace and Hail to the Redskins!! :Peace:

Santheb
11-16-2011, 11:38 PM
Honestly I'd rather have his kid brother at this point anyway, permaconfused look and all.

LuvSkins17
11-17-2011, 01:15 AM
Hey may be able to play for a few more years behind the Colts line. But not ours. He would get his head knocked off in the first game... for our OL to pick his head up and say... "My Bad".

Lets draft the best availible when we pick, sure up the lines and rebuild the old fashion way. There is NO QUICK FIX FOR US! I know it would be new for us but I would rather suck with hope for the future, than to just suck for another two decades. Im tired of my kids wondering why Im even a Redskins fan... I show them the old Super Bowls... It ain't enough anymore. Lets get this thing right for once!

Hail

akhhorus
11-17-2011, 06:18 AM
His contract makes him next to impossible to get in a trade. The colts can void his deal though, I might sign him in that case.

CarMike
11-17-2011, 06:32 AM
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h191/CarMike24/cmonman.png

I have always hated the big free agent names but if you got a chance to get Peyton Manning, you sell the farm. End of story.

hail2skins
11-17-2011, 06:42 AM
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h191/CarMike24/cmonman.png
Me likes, me likes.

Keino
11-17-2011, 06:46 AM
Peyton Manning is the answer if the question is:

How can we keep the Redskins mired in mediocrity never rebuilding through the draft?

Goskins11
11-17-2011, 07:08 AM

haha not sure if this was intended to be humorous but for some reason it made me laugh my A** off.

nicefellow31
11-17-2011, 08:18 AM
Well I was going to type up a response but you guys have pretty much covered everything.

dogfight6
11-17-2011, 09:55 AM
I would rather kiss jerry jones than see manning in a Redskins jersey!

BIGREDSKINSFAN1963
11-17-2011, 09:58 AM
does'nt matter who you put at qb,behind this line,he'll get killed and smacked around every play!pass on peyton,draft a 1st round qb,probably gonna be barkley!

cal_junior
11-17-2011, 10:07 AM
does'nt matter who you put at qb,behind this line,he'll get killed and smacked around every play!pass on peyton,draft a 1st round qb,probably gonna be barkley!

I think John Beck proved it does matter who you put behind this line.

Sacks allowed in 6 games started by Grossman: 13
Sacks allowed in 3 games started by Beck: 14

Emmanouel8
11-17-2011, 10:18 AM

I think Grossman proved it doesn't matter who you put in front of him, and Beck was on his way to proving the same thing.

No to selling the farm for Manning for crying out loud. There's no quick fix and we've tried that strategy in the past.:smash:

cal_junior
11-17-2011, 10:24 AM
I think Grossman proved it doesn't matter who you put in front of him, and Beck was on his way to proving the same thing.

Agreed, but the issue with Rex is his brain rather than protection.

hail2skins
11-17-2011, 11:33 AM

Sacks allowed in 3 games started by Beck: 14Let's not forget Rex had the benefit of a couple of games with all the starters.

smave
11-17-2011, 11:40 AM
Let's not forget Rex had the benefit of a couple of games with all the starters.

Was about to say the same thing.

cal_junior
11-17-2011, 11:51 AM
Let's not forget Rex had the benefit of a couple of games with all the starters.

Absolutely. And I thought they played pretty well those first four games.

I don't buy the notion the offensive line situation is so dire we can't put a rookie or veteran back there next season.

akhhorus
11-17-2011, 11:56 AM

Grossman has as many turnovers as sacks he's taken.

cal_junior
11-17-2011, 12:02 PM
Grossman has as many turnovers as sacks he's taken.

I'm not surprised. He's a turnover machine.

Skins3
11-17-2011, 12:11 PM
Wow I do think Manning would help.

#1 You said luck or any other QB drafted would be damaged goods behind our O-Line.... So why not pick a QB and still use a 2nd and maybe a 3rd to upgrade the line.....Manning wouldnt survive much better behind the current line.

#2 Peyton will never play against Eli twice a year. Hence the whole reason Eli didnt want to play with the Chargers.

akhhorus
11-17-2011, 12:17 PM
I'm not surprised. He's a turnover machine.

9 starts for the skins, 21 turnovers in those starts. Only 2 games without multiple turnovers. That has to be a record.

cal_junior
11-17-2011, 12:23 PM
9 starts for the skins, 21 turnovers in those starts. Only 2 games without multiple turnovers. That has to be a record.

Rex is the reason I have hope for this offense. I think if we can find a player with his ability to read defenses and find open receivers (that shouldn't be too hard, he ain't exactly Tom Brady) but without his need to throw the ball directly to linebackers and defensive backs, this offense will be able to do something. Rex has moved the offense in almost every game he's played in a Skins uniform, but we've never been able to find scoring consistency because he's always throwing picks and fumbling.

If a so-so QB is able to show flashes, an above average/good one should be able to do great things.

akhhorus
11-17-2011, 12:36 PM
Rex is the reason I have hope for this offense. I think if we can find a player with his ability to read defenses and find open receivers (that shouldn't be too hard, he ain't exactly Tom Brady) but without his need to throw the ball directly to linebackers and defensive backs, this offense will be able to do something. Rex has moved the offense in almost every game he's played in a Skins uniform, but we've never been able to find scoring consistency because he's always throwing picks and fumbling.

If a so-so QB is able to show flashes, an above average/good one should be able to do great things.

He has?
Total offense:
Grossman 304 total yards per game
Beck 278 total yards per game

Passing offense:
Grossman: 224 passing yards a game
Beck: 247 passing yards a game

3rd downs:
Grossman: 34% on 3rd downs
Beck: 37% on 3rd downs

Beck has a ton more sacks, Grossman has a ton more turnovers.

cal_junior
11-17-2011, 12:43 PM
He has?
Total offense:
Grossman 304 total yards per game
Beck 278 total yards per game

We average 310 yards of offense as a team this year. How could these numbers be right?

akhhorus
11-17-2011, 12:51 PM
We average 310 yards of offense as a team this year. How could these numbers be right?

I might have made a mistake on the philly game stats. Let me re-compute.

akhhorus
11-17-2011, 12:59 PM
The skins, this year, have 2790 yards of offense(310.1*9).

With Beck in, the skins have 963 yards of offense. 240.7 total average(3 starts+his time in the philly game).
With Grossman in, the skins have 1827 yards of offense. 304.5 total(6 starts, including his philly game).

The difference is because of sack yardage I bet(194 yards in sacks for the Skins' Qbs) and that I'm dividing Grossman by 6 and Beck by 4 even though they've played 9 games. Beck jumps up to 321 if I only divide him by 3.

cal_junior
11-17-2011, 01:00 PM
By my super-quick adding we've averaged about 328 yards of offense in the nine games Sexy's started in '10 and '11. By itself that woud usually put us in the middle of the pack in terms of league total offense.

And that's with a guy who continually throws picks and fumbles the ball, not traits consistent with moving the football.

cal_junior
11-17-2011, 01:04 PM
The skins, this year, have 2790 yards of offense(310.1*9).

With Beck in, the skins have 963 yards of offense. 240.7 total average(3 starts+his time in the philly game).
With Grossman in, the skins have 1827 yards of offense. 304.5 total(6 starts, including his philly game).

The difference is because of sack yardage I bet(194 yards in sacks for the Skins' Qbs) and that I'm dividing Grossman by 6 and Beck by 4 even though they've played 9 games. Beck jumps up to 321 if I only divide him by 3.

Here's the total offense I have for Sexy:

Dallas - 341
Jax - 251
Giants - 403

Giants - 332
AZ - 455
Dallas - 298
Rams - 339
Philly - 287
Miami - 246

That's 328, I think.

colkurtz
11-17-2011, 01:05 PM
I thought this was a thread about Peyton Manning. There is absolutely zero chance of this happening. Shannihan / Allen have made mistakes with bringing in some old dogs (over 30+ yrs old) to the team. They've all been busts. I believe they will learn from these mistakes.

A move like this smacks of the Snyderrato strategy of building an "instant" winner through FA. That decade long effort has been a dismal failure, NO MATTER WHO THE COACH WAS.

Shannihan/Allen have largely followed a planned youth movement - going from the oldest to one of the youngest in 2 years.

Allen has stayed away from high cost FA. We went from a maxed out cap team to one that has cap room.

After bringing in three older QB to run the show - they all contributed to our poor record.

Finally, Shannihan gives himself two more years of life as HC by drafting a QB and OL players. The first season is a wash and only if the QB they drafted plays poorly in the SECOND SEASON - then Shannihans time will be up.

akhhorus
11-17-2011, 01:20 PM
Here's the total offense I have for Sexy:

Dallas - 341
Jax - 251
Giants - 403

Giants - 332
AZ - 455
Dallas - 298
Rams - 339
Philly - 287
Miami - 246

That's 328, I think.

1. My comparison was 2011 only.
2. Grossman doesn't get credit for 287 yards in the Philly game because Beck is responsible for 129 of that.

332+455+298+339+158+246=1828 yards=304.67 yards per game.

BraveHeartFan
11-17-2011, 01:28 PM
All this talk about Andrew Luck but seeing the game against Oregon made me realize one thing : with our offensive line and lack of weapons on offense, Luck and every other rookie QB possibility is going to be running for their life for the first two years. They will quickly become damaged goods AKA Jason Campbell

If the Colts get the #1, they are certainly picking Luck. We look assured of having a top 5 pick and Indy would love the chance to take that pick straight up for Manning. Having Luck and still a top 5 pick would make it easy for the Indy fans to digest losing Manning. And that is the most important barrier from him leaving.

1) Manning was at the top of his game when he got hurt. Not some aging vet holding on to the glory years

2) Manning at 80% is better than any rookie QB would be after three years injury free

3) This years Colts prove that Manning can singlehanded take a bottom team and make them a deep playoff threat. Without him they are the worst team in the league. Imagine what he can do for us and we are maybe 5 teams better.

4) Manning instantly improves our wr production and running game by opening up the deep pass. This means less skill position holes we need to fill through the draft or free agency and more for the O and D lines

5) Kyle Shanahan isnt going anywhere for the next two years. With Manning, however, you get a player who is 60% great QB and 40% offensive coordinator anyway.

I have always hated the big free agent names but if you got a chance to get Peyton Manning, you sell the farm. End of story. This team has no chance of being competitive for the next 5 years with the Giants and Dallas having young QB's. This is still a weak division and can be taking. Manning is the answer.

My biggest questions would come to me in this order...

1) Is he going to be healthy enough to actually be effective any longer? Neck injuries are serious business and this sounds very serious to me.

The big problem here is that you're going to give up a very high #1 pick for a 35 year old QB, coming off neck injuries, and with no knowledge or rather he'll be effective any longer.

That's an enormous gamble even for a great like Peyton Manning.

2) You mentioned the rookie QBs getting the hell beaten out of them behind your o-line. Well then what the heck is Manning going to do? He has no mobility and unlike the young guys he also doesn't have a young body with no wear and tear on it.

Now you factor in that neck injury situation even more. Coming off that and then getting behind an O-line where he'd need to move around to avoid beind destroyed? Doesn't sound like the best scenerio for Manning or the Redskins.

3) How much will it affect your cap? He's got a large deal. Now you're giving up a #1 pick and a lot of money for a QB whose been amazing, and no one denies that, but there are some very serious question marks about at this point in his career.

This just seems like an extremely high gamble for any team to make and one that could potentially set you back another 3-4 years if it back fires.

guess88
11-17-2011, 04:31 PM
The biggest question is Manning's health.

If that checks out, I don't see any team giving up as much as it would cost, and absorbing his contract unless they were a QB from a championship. He only has a few years left if at all, why mortgage farm for a band aid?

Though this wouldn't surprise me if Vinny were still around...

Wild Bore
11-17-2011, 04:47 PM
I would sign him for the vet minimum. He should be worth the risk! :)

Nomad
11-17-2011, 05:49 PM

JASON CAMPBELL IS A GREAT PERSON, BUT IS TOO SLOW MENTALLY AND TOO SLOW IN HIS RELEASE TO HAVE BEEN A GREAT QB.

MANNING IS IN DECLINE. HE DOESN'T HAVE A MINOR INJURY, HE HAS MAJOR NECK ISSUES. ONE SLAM TO THE GROUND BY A DE, THAT'S IT.

I WON'T EVEN BOTHER RESPONDING TO THE REST. NO WAY IN HELL SHOULD WE TRADE FOR MANNING OR ANY OTHER QB. WE SHOULD DRAFT AND DEVELOP ONE. PERIOD. AND WE CERTAINLY SHOULDN'T TRADE A TOP 10 PICK IN A DRAFT WHERE 3 GOOD QBs ARE AVAILABLE FOR A DECLINING QB WITH A BAD NECK WITH 3 YEARS TOP LEFT. WE NEED A 10 -15 YEAR STARTING FRANCHISE QB.

ARE YOU RELATED TO VINNIE CERRATO?
IF NOT, SEND ME SOME OF WHATEVER YOU'VE BEEN SMOKING. PLEASE.

lorimike
11-17-2011, 07:01 PM
I fully expect that is what the Skins will do. Trade the farm for the 35 year old Peyton Manning. when will we ever learn ? How many times must we see this movie before we learn our lesson

cal_junior
11-17-2011, 07:43 PM
1. My comparison was 2011 only.
2. Grossman doesn't get credit for 287 yards in the Philly game because Beck is responsible for 129 of that.

332+455+298+339+158+246=1828 yards=304.67 yards per game.

Regardless, I think we can agree Rex has been in the neighborhood of 320-325 yards of total offense with the Skins. That to me is a promising total when you factor his almost laughable turnover total and the relative lack of skill position talent the Skins have.

BIGREDSKINSFAN1963
11-17-2011, 07:55 PM
when does logan thomas of va tech graduate? nobody is talking about him a lot,but he's big 6ft-5,fast,strong and has a great arm.if he comes out next year,i'd love to see the skins take him over any qb ,even andrew luck.

akhhorus
11-17-2011, 07:57 PM
Regardless, I think we can agree Rex has been in the neighborhood of 320-325 yards of total offense with the Skins. That to me is a promising total when you factor his almost laughable turnover total and the relative lack of skill position talent the Skins have.

Thats about as good as the Minny and Miami offenses. So, not good lol.

cal_junior
11-17-2011, 08:06 PM
Thats about as good as the Minny and Miami offenses. So, not good lol.

With the offensive lines we've had, WR/RBs we've had and Rex's turnovers? It gives me cause for optimism.

akhhorus
11-17-2011, 08:17 PM
With the offensive lines we've had, WR/RBs we've had and Rex's turnovers? It gives me cause for optimism.

Except that Grossman's averaged 304 total ypg. Thats pretty bad.

Skin-E-Dip
11-17-2011, 09:14 PM
Thanks for most for the good discussion. With a team this bad and a season this lost, it helps to talk about anything other than Beck vs Grossman.

Point 1 - Manning is a gamble

Response - isn't any expensive FA or 1st round rookie QB a gamble. There are more Ryan Leafs than Eli Mannings in the draft. You can argue that the Heath Shuler pick set us back 10 years.

Point 2 - Manning is not worth a 1st round pick

Response - I kind of agree actually and with his injury, wouldn't be surprised if the colts would be happy with a high 2nd round pick.

Point 3 - We brought in McNabb and it didn't work

Response - McNabb was at the end of his career talent wise and even Philly knew it. Redskins had no business picking him up in the first place. Manning still has the same arm and vision as when he got hurt

Point 4 - We should draft and groom a QB

Response - And in two years maybe he will be ready to play...right at the end of Shanahans contract. Insert new coach, new system, and its another two years for the rookie to get comfortable.

colkurtz
11-17-2011, 10:08 PM
1. We don't know if Manning can play anymore. One more neck injury and he's going to throw in the towel anyway. That could happen on the first game in PS or the 5th game in the regular season.

2. Money. Getting a college QB in the first 5 picks for 5 years is going to be WAY cheaper than Manning's 28 mill for one year.

3. What will the Colts want in terms of a trade - our 1st or 2nd or 3rd? With a team this bad we need every single draft pick to fill holes.

The only way we would take Manning is if the Colts release him and we can pick him up for far less than 28 mill. We still use our 1st draft pick for a QB and let Manning mentor and coach the kid up. The rest of the draft goes mostly to the OL and maybe a DL (NT).

4. Under the most optimistic circumstances (see paragraph above) I consider getting Peyton Manning an extreme long shot. The Colts are going to try to get the highest draft pick for Peyton. We already made that mistake with McKnabb. We'll only try to get him if there's no draft picks and he's willing to take a huge pay cut. There's going to be other teams willing to offer more.

cal_junior
11-17-2011, 10:11 PM
Except that Grossman's averaged 304 total ypg. Thats pretty bad.

Grossman has averaged in the 320-325 range since he's been with the Skins. We just went through this.

colkurtz
11-17-2011, 11:22 PM
Grossman has averaged in the 320-325 range since he's been with the Skins. We just went through this.

Personally I can't wait for him to leave this team. He's a turnover machine and a journeyman QB who should be holding a clipboard, AT BEST. Of all the FA & UDFA available I can't believe they went for him this season. He has no mobility on a team with a weak OL. Time to move on - quickly.

Emmanouel8
11-18-2011, 12:01 AM
Personally I can't wait for him to leave this team. He's a turnover machine and a journeyman QB who should be holding a clipboard, AT BEST. Of all the FA & UDFA available I can't believe they went for him this season. He has no mobility on a team with a weak OL. Time to move on - quickly.

Agreed.

I don't know what the fuss is about. Rex maybe has one "good" stat to hang a hat on, the rest is Sanford and Son.

The 2012 draft can't come soon enough.

cal_junior
11-18-2011, 12:03 AM

No argument here. He's atrocious.

oldskinfan
11-18-2011, 12:49 AM
I like to recycle paper, cardboard and plastic.

Not old quarterbacks.

akhhorus
11-18-2011, 06:19 AM

If you use the correct yardage figures for the philly game, he's averaging 314 ypg. Thats not good.

colkurtz
11-18-2011, 07:08 AM
If you use the correct yardage figures for the philly game, he's averaging 314 ypg. Thats not good.

Not only that but Grossman's QB rating is almost last in the NFL. Right next to Beck. I'm glad that Kyle has such blind faith in two of the worst QB in the league. It's time for Kyle to go back to Houston. If he stays here much longer as the OC he will make himself unemployable in the NFL.

Rickskins76
11-18-2011, 01:21 PM
Just say no to yet another high priced vet...

Draft a QB, the skins are cursed when it comes to retreads...

CNYSkinFan
11-18-2011, 01:33 PM
Just say no to yet another high priced vet...

Draft a QB, the skins are cursed when it comes to retreads...
not too much better with draftees either...

I may get on board with a trade for Matt Flynn if the price is right. Or a trade for Bradford if St. Louis is #1

BraveHeartFan
11-18-2011, 01:39 PM

I may get on board with a trade for Matt Flynn if the price is right. Or a trade for Bradford if St. Louis is #1

I'd be really surprised if the Rams traded Bradford just so that they could pick Luck.

Irish Redskin
11-18-2011, 01:48 PM
Flynn's a Free Agent this off season I believe.

guess88
11-18-2011, 03:19 PM
I'd be really surprised if the Rams traded Bradford just so that they could pick Luck.

Same. Then Rams struggles aren't because of Bradford. Also, unless the world freezes over, I don't see how Indy doesn't get the #1 pick.

guess88
11-18-2011, 03:23 PM
Flynn's a Free Agent this off season I believe.

I'm intrigued by Flynn, but he still needs more on his professional resume. If he's a FA, the Pack might be able to resign him cheap since the draft is flooded with lots of decent QB prospects. If GB locks up their division and sits Rodgers though, Flynn would have a great chance to increase his value.

fpickering
11-19-2011, 08:55 PM
Count me in the camp as an emphatic no to even considering this idea.

We need a guy who will be here for the next 10 years and who will address our problems in the long term.

fpickering
11-19-2011, 09:13 PM

If StL is dumb enough to trade Bradford then we jump on that opportunity and we laugh all the way to the bank.

JRudy
11-19-2011, 11:14 PM
I will reconsider my fandom if the skins trade for Manning. That just might be the move that pushes me over the edge. I hate that I love this team.

taylor21forever
11-19-2011, 11:28 PM
RG III!!! He is the answer!

HAIL REDSKINS!!!

Red Bear
11-20-2011, 08:13 AM

I'd take Bradford for sure, doubt it would happen though. Flynn is intriguing, but i dont know a backup QB in the league who has the type of weapons that the packers have on offense. the players around flynn could make him look better. but he does seem to have that vibe of like a schaub in atl, a young QB who flashed a little, gets traded for and has some success with a little nurturing and patience.