PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Torain Waived

S.Taylor36
12-27-2011, 12:44 PM
According to Chris Russell of ESPN 980 of Washington

culpeper
12-27-2011, 12:47 PM
"HEY, HEY, HEY..... fill in blank"

So who else goes next week? Sellers? Brown? Rocky? Dhall? *cough* Doughty...?

cal_junior
12-27-2011, 12:48 PM
Maybe to make room for Aldrick Robinson? I know he was promoted to the 53 earlier today.

AustinSkin
12-27-2011, 12:58 PM
Didn't we have a 52 man roster last week? I'm a little bummed about Torrain being waived, only because he was pretty strong when healthy. But I also have no problems with a Hightower, Helu and Royster backfield.

akhhorus
12-27-2011, 01:13 PM
I think Torain was Ladell Betts in witness protection after a steroid cycle.

culpeper
12-27-2011, 01:14 PM
So we're set at RB, I think everyone agrees there.

IMO were set at LB/DE with emergence of Riley and Jenkins healthy and C/P. Id like to see Cofield see some time at DE in a rotation/situationally.

Coaches opinion is we're probably ok at CB/S/LT/G/WR.

So that leaves QB/RT/NT/K as OBVIOUS needs and keep adding depth at all positions (BPA). Polumbus, Smith, Hurt all got valuable game experience. Mobile QB can go a long way to neutralize the OL issues, especially if they start getting hurt.

Ive seen the FA list, but not sure how well we can fill holes there. Most of those players will be re-signed.

Screw it, go for Luck and worst case RG3 falls to us at 7 (very possible in newer Mocks).

Emmanouel8
12-27-2011, 01:14 PM
Didn't we have a 52 man roster last week? I'm a little bummed about Torrain being waived, only because he was pretty strong when healthy. But I also have no problems with a Hightower, Helu and Royster backfield.

I loved Torrain too but he didn't show anything this season. I don't know what happened.

Lavar703
12-27-2011, 01:27 PM
So we're set at RB, I think everyone agrees there.

IMO were set at LB/DE with emergence of Riley and Jenkins healthy and C/P. Id like to see Cofield see some time at DE in a rotation/situationally.

Coaches opinion is we're probably ok at CB/S/LT/G/WR.

So that leaves QB/RT/NT/K as OBVIOUS needs and keep adding depth at all positions (BPA). Polumbus, Smith, Hurt all got valuable game experience. Mobile QB can go a long way to neutralize the OL issues, especially if they start getting hurt.

Ive seen the FA list, but not sure how well we can fill holes there. Most of those players will be re-signed.

Screw it, go for Luck and worst case RG3 falls to us at 7 (very possible in newer Mocks).

I wouldn't say were set at LB considering we need a guy to groom behind Fletcher, someone like Burfict or Hightower would be nice in the 2nd.

cal_junior
12-27-2011, 01:30 PM
I wouldn't say were set at LB considering we need a guy to groom behind Fletcher, someone like Burfict or Hightower would be nice in the 2nd.

+1

Depending on what happens with the safeties, my dream draft is QB first, then ILB.

Battle Cat
12-27-2011, 01:37 PM
We definitely could use a inside linebacker with some size to be able to take on blocks headup instead of having to run around them. No disrespect to Fletcher he is clearly a 4-3 mlb that has been playing 3-4 inside lb very well but those runs up th emiddle can be stopped with bigger ilb.

AustinSkin
12-27-2011, 01:41 PM
QB, then continue to stack the O-Line with as much depth as possible.

Mark Rypien sucked as a QB, but he looked brilliant when he led the team to a Super Bowl win over the Bills. He was sacked 6 times the entire season. He had all day to progress through his reads and make a decision.

BIGREDSKINSFAN1963
12-27-2011, 01:43 PM
Hightower would be nice in the 2nd.

Hightower is not gonna be there in round 2.if we are set at letting landry go,barron from bama would be an awesome replacement! is donald jones from unc a senior?he's one hell of a wr,if he's available in round 2.

IH Brave
12-27-2011, 01:43 PM
I think Torain was Ladell Betts in witness protection after a steroid cycle.

I sent you a pm. Can you check it out?

Lavar703
12-27-2011, 02:08 PM
Hightower is not gonna be there in round 2.if we are set at letting landry go,barron from bama would be an awesome replacement! is donald jones from unc a senior?he's one hell of a wr,if he's available in round 2.

Donta Hightower should be available in the second.

culpeper
12-27-2011, 02:15 PM

Agreed and good point.

There are still bigger needs though. IMO a LARGE NT is the 2nd biggest need. It would allow Cofield to be rotated situationally. I like Neild (WVU), but I dont think hes even as good as Anthony Bryant was for us last year.

Depending on where we pick and how many picks we have, Fox and Alexander may just have to suffice as backups again at ILB.

Lavar703
12-27-2011, 02:18 PM
Agreed and good point.

There are still bigger needs though. IMO a LARGE NT is the 2nd biggest need. It would allow Cofield to be rotated situationally. I like Neild (WVU), but I dont think hes even as good as Anthony Bryant was for us last year.

Depending on where we pick and how many picks we have, Fox and Alexander may just have to suffice as backups again at ILB.

I think Ta'amu could be had in the 2nd round. But I would also look at the kid from the Dolphins.

flave1969
12-27-2011, 03:56 PM
No problem with this per se, but wouldn't it be better to wait until the end of the season. If Royster goes down all we have is Darrell Young.

CNYSkinFan
12-27-2011, 03:58 PM
No problem with this per se, but wouldn't it be better to wait until the end of the season. If Royster goes down all we have is Darrell Young.
well then we can run the spread lol

seriously we are dangerously light on rb. helu wont play hightower ir, torrain waived. Hey Portis is still a fa, sign him for one game

rskinsfan10
12-27-2011, 07:49 PM
Hey Portis is still a fa, sign him for one gameAll he wants is his 70+ yds he needs to get to 10,000, so I'm sure he would be down for it. I can see him getting it and as soon as he does, he just walks off the field and into tunnel. I personally would laugh my ass off if it happened like that.

guess88
12-27-2011, 10:23 PM

With one more game to go? Let Young run please. Hell put Beck in at RB. Losing is winning as far as I'm concerned for this season.

Santheb
12-27-2011, 10:55 PM
Probably for the best, but I loved watchibg Torain do his thing when he was feeling it. Good luck, Ryan.

28Zcomeback
12-28-2011, 01:21 AM
QB, then continue to stack the O-Line with as much depth as possible.

Mark Rypien sucked as a QB, but he looked brilliant when he led the team to a Super Bowl win over the Bills. He was sacked 6 times the entire season. He had all day to progress through his reads and make a decision.

Rypien was a very competent, solid QB who rarely turned the ball over. He gave the team a lift whenever he was in the huddle. Granted he was surrounded by greatness, but many of those great players were on the downside of their terrific careers.

That being said, I trace our twenty years of woe to the beginning of the 1992 season, when he held out the whole summer. We haven't had decent back-to-back seasons since.