PDA

View Full Version : Trotter

PennSkinsFan
12-08-2003, 08:05 AM
Are we ready to give Trotter his due? I am getting tired opf people saying he is not living up to his billing. Trotter was bothered by his knee in the early part fo the season,a nd since then, has been on fire. Again, Trotter added 9 tackles, after a 10 tackle performance last week, and earned much praise from HC Steve Spurrier on his hustle and chasing down runnind backs.

Lets give Trotter some love!

Spence
12-08-2003, 08:31 AM
He's definitely playing better. Still pretty expensive, though. Would I rather have a good defensive tackle with that money? Yep. But I'm glad Trotter is doing more now.

Keino
12-08-2003, 09:07 AM
Lets be fair Spence. ACL injuries are 2 year injuries for LB's just like they are for RB's. Trotter has been playing well all year. Imagine what he would do with someone able to play a gap in front of him....

Spence
12-08-2003, 09:12 AM
I think he'd be terrific, Keino. It's just that I'd rather have that monster in the gap instead.

Redskinmayhem
12-08-2003, 09:29 AM
Lets hope we can get that monster in the off-season to jam the middle in front of him so he can wreak havoc. As of right now he is playing better but he still hasn't shown me anything more than K. Mitch would do at a much better value. I hope his play continues to improve. Does anyone know the specifics about his contract?

IowaSkinsFan
12-08-2003, 09:53 AM
Well, maybe we can keep Russell for a modest amount and he can be that compliment to Trotter. I personally wouldn't care if Russell didn't have great stats, as long as he ate up double teams all day long.

Add in a speed rusher off the edge who required a back or TE to help and the odds are now in your favor on defense.

PennSkinsFan
12-08-2003, 10:14 AM
I like Kevin Mitchell, but at the level I am witnessing right now from Trotter, NO, we would not get that level from Mitch!

IowaSkinsFan
12-08-2003, 10:17 AM
Trotter playing well down the stretch may save Edwards job and lend some hope to next season, provided we can get help on the D line. Need some bodies to keep the blockers off of Trotter and Armstead next year.

Yes, I said Armstead! Let him play out his contract. He has earned it, IMO. Pierce can wait another year.

rskinsfan10
12-08-2003, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by PennSkinsFan
I like Kevin Mitchell, but at the level I am witnessing right now from Trotter, NO, we would not get that level from Mitch!

I never understood the love that Mitchell was getting. I remember him getting run over and missing alot of tackles when he was the starter. Maybe I was watching a different player.

Patrick
12-08-2003, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by rskinsfan10
I never understood the love that Mitchell was getting. I remember him getting run over and missing alot of tackles when he was the starter. Maybe I was watching a different player.

That makes two of us and I don't think we were watching anyone else. Mitchell plays well on ST and is a dependable backup.

I've liked Trotter all year and think he's well worth the money. AND like some of you are starting to realize, He'll be that more effective when we put a good line in front of him.

skins74
12-08-2003, 12:13 PM
He is playing progessively better, thank God!

BigCountry
12-08-2003, 12:22 PM
I've been a huge Trotter fan even when he was on a team I hate more then the Cowboys. All I could see mostly were numbers on NFL gamecenter and with a LB that makes it difficult to judge so this is great news. Edwards still has to find a way to make him and Arrington stay in position but maybe next year having two Washington monuments in the middle of the d-line will help that cause since they won't have to dodge blockers all day long. I still blame Trotter and Arrington for all those missed assignments though...

RichardBradley
12-08-2003, 05:23 PM
Trotter is great..... He is the best LB on the team Bar NONE

Skinzaholic
12-08-2003, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by RichardBradley
Trotter is great..... He is the best LB on the team Bar NONE

I dont know... I really like Lavar. It seems Trotter has the game smarts and Lavar has the pure drive. Put them together and you get a beast!

frankez99
12-08-2003, 06:31 PM
I must be the oddball here but I feel all in all Armstead has been our most consistant LB this year...maybe it is just me....who knows?

Brokenstriker
12-09-2003, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by frankez99
I must be the oddball here but I feel all in all Armstead has been our most consistant LB this year...maybe it is just me....who knows?

count me with you ... but Trot has definitely picked his game up and has really looked good lately