PDA

View Full Version : Funny comment by Lavar

Redskinfan28
12-29-2003, 08:01 PM
on the JT Show today. Doc Walker was asking him why they did blitz more because Champ and Smoot were good corners. Lavar responded by stating that they did blitz alot, we just probably couldn't tell because there was still no pressure on the QB.

Seriously, we need a pass rusher. Man, I would love to get Kearse or Abraham. I know, wishful thinking.

Keino
12-29-2003, 08:10 PM
I believe Kearse is a UFA this year, so that is not out of the realm of possibility. He's right, they blitzed alot this year, but it always got picked up.

HollywoodKolt
12-29-2003, 08:31 PM
Kearse is UFA but I don't see him leaving Tennesee. And even if he does he'll command a lot of money and he's had injury problems.

PennSkinsFan
12-29-2003, 08:40 PM
Yeah he also strongly endorsed Edwards to stay and stated that another reason why are blitzes did not work is because they were too predictable and he felt that Edwards was in a rookie year and you just dont go cut rookies either. Give him time and he believes Edwards has learned alot and will be very creative. Said they will be working on creative blitz packages.

Talked about how some of the young guys really grew up this year and came into their own, and speifically named Fred Smoot.

Mentioned Champ and said that he is parying they resign Champ, although i personally doubt that.

When asked abotu Spurrier...Lavar basically said that he wants to win and will do his part and if that means adjusting to a new coach year ina nd year out, thenthat is fine and he will do it. Did not give any indication of whether or not he thought SS would be back.