PennSkinsFan
01-06-2004, 07:30 AM
Ray Rhoads

rsty2fan
01-06-2004, 07:41 AM
Say it aint so!!!! No RAY No WAY!!

Semiskin
01-06-2004, 08:01 AM
I think that we can only expect the opposite from this team, of what would be thr right thing to do. It just doesn't make any sense to me to hire a Defensive coach when there are three go D-Coords. out there already (Jauron, Wiliams, McSinnis) who would make good D-Cords.

My prediction if he is hired Ray Rhodes will last 26 games and be fired.

Spence
01-06-2004, 08:44 AM
Rhodes is the natural choice. He's an experienced coach who will know how things actually work in the NFL, a marked contrast with his predecessor. He's not a great or novel choice, but he fills the main criteria Snyder has for a head coach:

1. He's experienced in the NFL; and
2. He won't demand control of the front office.

I think the only way Ray Rhodes does not get the job is if he turns Snyder down. I think that is possible.

REDMAN
01-06-2004, 08:55 AM
I think it's a good chance he could turn it down.

TexSkin
01-06-2004, 09:01 AM
I hope he does...there are better choices out there.

hail2skins
01-06-2004, 09:06 AM
I wouldn't consider this a good hire if Snyder brings in Ray.

Brett A
01-06-2004, 11:24 AM
The way I look at it is I would rather have Green or Fassel but Rhodes is an upgrade.

skins74
01-06-2004, 11:26 AM
Danny sucks!

Keino
01-06-2004, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by hail2skins
I wouldn't consider this a good hire if Snyder brings in Ray.

Really Mke? Why not

Spence
01-06-2004, 11:31 AM
If Rhodes does not melt down he will be a great coach for the Redskins. Of course, that's a pretty big if...

SkinsCT
01-06-2004, 11:51 AM
I can't believe that Rhodes may be our next coach. The man went 8-8 with Favre at QB and Dorsey Levens in his prime at RB. That Packers team won the Super Bowl two years earlier.

LavarLeap2003
01-06-2004, 12:00 PM
Rhodes will turn it down, what i dont get is...WHY HASNT SPURRIER THROWN MONEY AT FASSELL YET??

dj_stouty
01-06-2004, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by LavarLeap2003
Rhodes will turn it down, what i dont get is...WHY HASNT SPURRIER THROWN MONEY AT FASSELL YET??

Because Spurrier is in Florida playing golf right now. :D

GolfFreak
01-06-2004, 12:23 PM
What I want to know is why are we stuck on these three guys. Why haven't we heard names such as Jim Johnson, Patriots O & D Coords, Lovie Smith, ...

The list of good coordinators is really long, if we "lose out" on Fassel (I'm not too excited about him as it is) then let's not settle for Ray!!!

If Fassel is our guy then get him, but don't rush it.

Skinzaholic
01-06-2004, 12:59 PM
The thing that scares me the most about Ray Rhoads is the fear that he wont be able to hack it again. This team has had so much instability that I lie awake at night wondering if I will have a team the next day or not. With Rhoads possibly coming in, the reality is that we could find ourselves in the exact same situation in 2 years.

Skinsfan1906
01-06-2004, 01:08 PM
of the three, I strongly prefer Dennis Green. Has anyone heard whats going on with Jimmy Johnson? Wouldn't mind him either. I also like Lovie Smith. In any event, I WANT A COACH WHO WILL BE HERE FOR A WHILE. Personally, I am growing tired of the coaching musical chairs game that we have played for quite some time.

PennSkinsFan
01-06-2004, 02:51 PM
Looks like the Cards are beginnign preparation on a contract offer:

Cardinals | Green the Favorite? - from www.KFFL.com
Mon, 5 Jan 2004 21:31:59 -0800

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports the Arizona Cardinals have begun preliminary discussions with former Minnesota Vikings head coach Dennis Green, but the Cardinals have not made him a formal contract offer. They are believed to favor Green over the other candidates they've already visited with.

Ford
01-06-2004, 03:06 PM
If Snyder hires Rhoads it will be his first step towards imitating Jerry Jones during his losing years. Have no real GM, tools for assistants, and a tool as a head coach. He doesn't want the better candidates because he would have the final say on everything and vinny wouldnt get to 'play' (we're talking action figures here) GM when Danny's in a good mood. Joe Mendes was the only person on the staff who really knew what he was doing. Sure, it's Snyder's team but that doesn't make it any less irresponsible.

Odyn
01-06-2004, 03:11 PM
I don't really understand the move on Snyder's part. I don't see any other teams even having Rhoads on their list! Why do we? There are more proven people and I would like Snyder to even look at some of the popular assistant coaches that we all have mentioned.

dj_stouty
01-06-2004, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Odyn
I don't really understand the move on Snyder's part. I don't see any other teams even having Rhoads on their list! Why do we?

Because Danny and Ray are buds. They have been ever since the Norv days.

Odyn
01-06-2004, 03:40 PM
I just hope that whoever we get can at least go 8-8 so we won't be that pissed off.

Spence
01-06-2004, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Ford
If Snyder hires Rhoads it will be his first step towards imitating Jerry Jones during his losing years. Have no real GM, tools for assistants, and a tool as a head coach. He doesn't want the better candidates because he would have the final say on everything and vinny wouldnt get to 'play' (we're talking action figures here) GM when Danny's in a good mood. Joe Mendes was the only person on the staff who really knew what he was doing. Sure, it's Snyder's team but that doesn't make it any less irresponsible. I suspect that is Snyder's thinking, too.

bigcmr
01-06-2004, 07:43 PM
I'm going crazy. Ray Rhoades sucks. I'm sorry to say it like that. It seems like this team is turning more and more into a joke. If Snyder hires Rhoades look at a 6-10 season next year. And we will be talking about a new coach again.

HollywoodKolt
01-06-2004, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Ford
If Snyder hires Rhoads it will be his first step towards imitating Jerry Jones during his losing years. Have no real GM, tools for assistants, and a tool as a head coach. He doesn't want the better candidates because he would have the final say on everything and vinny wouldnt get to 'play' (we're talking action figures here) GM when Danny's in a good mood. Joe Mendes was the only person on the staff who really knew what he was doing. Sure, it's Snyder's team but that doesn't make it any less irresponsible.

hmmm I think I agree. Although I think that if Rhoads can keep it up at his intense level than he can do a good job. But that's a very big if.

JoeDaSchmoe
01-06-2004, 10:09 PM
I can't see Rhoads going better than 8-8 if we bring in some quality free agents and have an immaculate draft.

Green-Is-Good
01-06-2004, 10:25 PM
really, Joe? It's that simple?

JoeDaSchmoe
01-06-2004, 10:26 PM
Well, for me.