PDA

View Full Version : Affordability

joethefan
02-16-2004, 08:20 AM
Question....If the skins are looking to possibly work with Detroit at get another first rounder, don't you think this could shape up into another Lavar, Samuels situation later on down the line...as well....We knew at some point we would have to come to this..everyone was saying that when we drafted them that in three years, they better get it done...cause there will be trouble soon (with the Cap)

My last question is can we afford these kids...Taylor (which) I say get)...will be expensive... I say we trade down the second pick (if we get a second 1st rounder) and try to get good players in the second and third, rounds which will be loaded with talent. Thoughts

REDMAN
02-16-2004, 08:25 AM
I would rather keep champ but if we can't and we get the sixth pick, I would trade it.

SkinsKY
02-16-2004, 08:29 AM
That is a good point JTF, and one I have thought about, but I would be very tempted to take Taylor/Udeze with those slots. My only trade down hope would be with NE for both firsts and seconds, but I think they would only make that trade with Taylor on the board, and we can't really guarantee that.

petman88
02-16-2004, 08:37 AM
i hope this will be like the lavar samules if these 2 picks tur out to be like that that would be nice

frankez99
02-16-2004, 08:39 AM
JTF....valid point....but I think as Redskins fans in the "win now" NFL, we should look at immediate dividends and not worry about what is going to happen 4-5-6 years down the road. There will always be cap problems, but I think we deserve to let the team financial analyists worry about that and let us at least get a winning product in the meantime....after the last 10 seasons that is the least we can ask.

truant
02-16-2004, 10:45 AM
Nice thread joethefan.

I've wondered this for quite some time, especially while i was trying to work through my mock draft. I think that we'd love to have Taylor and Udeze. I know I would. Taylor and Winslow is also a possibility (i'm not so high on that).

I think there are a few teams that we could trade down to, but that depends on what happens on draft day. I think the Skins will try to move down to around the 11th pick and see if Udeze will fall to them.

That way, the contract on Udeze won't be a complete "cap killer" but we also got a great player.

JoeDaSchmoe
02-16-2004, 10:54 AM
It's a good question, but if we wind up staying put and drafting Taylor and Udeze, we could always try to simply make the contract lengths different. That way there wouldn't be quite as much cap pressure when it came time to start re-signing everyone.

lavarkills
02-16-2004, 01:17 PM
i agree with trading down to around 10 or 11 and trying to get lucky with Udeze. That way we can probably pick up an extra second mabye more.

IowaSkinsFan
02-17-2004, 04:45 AM
If we trade Champ for a high 1st round pick, I don't think we will keep both. One of them will probably be traded for a later 1st round pick and some middle round picks later on.