PDA

View Full Version : Phillip Daniels....there ya go Skins 74

PennSkinsFan
02-23-2004, 10:53 AM
-- Redskins Talking to Daniels -- from FFMastermind.com

The Washington Times reports an NFL source confirmed Washington has been in contact with the agent for Chicago Bears DE Phillip Daniels. The Redskins' contact, first reported by ESPN.com, is not tampering because the Bears have granted Daniels permission to talk with other teams. Daniels technically is not a pending free agent but is likely to hit the market because Chicago plans to cut him before paying a large roster bonus he is due. The source said Washington has discussed "contract parameters" with Daniels' agent, Hadley Engelhard. "A handful of other teams" could get involved over the next week or so.

truant
02-23-2004, 10:56 AM
Reminds me of an older Upshaw... just by looking at his stats. If Blanche knows him and wants him, then cool... but we do have to get some legit players on the D-line sometime.

TexSkin
02-23-2004, 10:58 AM
hehe I know I sound like a broken record but as long as he comes cheap :D

akhhorus
02-23-2004, 11:00 AM
he's better than upshaw, Daniels actually produces and can rush the passer.

Monk4HOF
02-23-2004, 11:04 AM
Its fine if the want to put him in the rotation, but I don't see him as a starter. The D-line is definitely not the place to be too thrifty with off-season dollars. I guess the coaching staff likes him, but he doesn't appear to be an upgrade over Upshaw or Wynn.

skins74
02-23-2004, 11:38 AM
I haven't heard much about him in the past, hopefully he is good.

NCskinsfanatic
02-23-2004, 12:17 PM
Maybe he is a replacement for Upshaw or Wynn.Thus basically providing depth at a cheaper price than either of our current ends would.I cant see him being signed as the starter.But it could be a good move if we are targeting Udeze and maybe Kearse in the upcoming months.

REDMAN
02-23-2004, 02:20 PM
As long as he comes cheep! (echo)

REDMAN
02-23-2004, 02:21 PM
I mean cheap!