PDA

View Full Version : i say we take mike williams or larry


ClintonPortis=X
03-14-2004, 11:40 AM
and then trade rod for a 2nd and 3rd rounders

then dare opposing teams to stop us

just dare them

WinslowRedskin
03-14-2004, 11:43 AM
yeah we'd be unstoppable on Offense...like the KC Chiefs or Indy Colts. Defense wins ball games though....take Sean Taylor!

TwistyNiblet
03-14-2004, 11:44 AM
Draft a defensive player - tis better to be good on both sides than SUPERB on one and really, really bad on the other.

ClintonPortis=X
03-14-2004, 11:45 AM
yes but with those 2nd and 3rd rounders we can plug some holes


dockett in the second

someone else in the 3rd

by the way portis jerseys come out on tuesday and do u know if they will have any marcus washington jerseys

JoeDaSchmoe
03-14-2004, 11:46 AM
No way we could trade Rod for a second rounder, let alone a second and third.

Derek042
03-14-2004, 11:47 AM
I say take Taylor and still trade Gardner for some more picks. We have lots of recievers right now, and gardner hardly stands out over any of them. I don't think he has lived up to being a #1 draft pick.............

ClintonPortis=X
03-14-2004, 11:50 AM
mike williams and larry are game breakin wideouts

they would be amazing here in dc and would be an immediate force

garedskin
03-14-2004, 11:56 AM
Draft Sean Taylor and KEEP Gardner. He will be the perfect possession WR for Gibbs system. We have a good group of WRs so I personally hope we dont draft any of the WRs. Safety sure looks like the writting on the wall right now. But that can change.

Redskin006
03-14-2004, 01:07 PM
why get rid of gardener? he gets the job done and hes pretty good. we have a good receiving corps.

akhhorus
03-14-2004, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by ClintonPortis=X
yes but with those 2nd and 3rd rounders we can plug some holes


dockett in the second

someone else in the 3rd

by the way portis jerseys come out on tuesday and do u know if they will have any marcus washington jerseys

No way on God's green earth that anyone gives the skins a 2nd and a 3rd for Gardner. Id be happy if the skins got a third rounder for him. The skins should trade down and draft Wilfolk, if the skins pick up a second rounder, then they should draft someone like Devery Henderson in the second.

joethefan
03-14-2004, 02:04 PM
Keep gardner and draft Taylor.....

natgbz
03-14-2004, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by ClintonPortis=X
and then trade rod for a 2nd and 3rd rounders

then dare opposing teams to stop us

just dare them

No.

PennSkinsFan
03-14-2004, 03:02 PM
Trade down and grab either Udeze, Wilfork, or Harris. Lets beef up the Line.

ClintonPortis=X
03-14-2004, 03:09 PM
WE ARE NOT TRADING DOWN IAM TIRED OF HEARING ALL THIS CRAP

WE WILL NOT PASS ON AN ALLSTAR THAT IS READY TO BE AN ALLSTAR FROM THE GET GO WE WILL NOT TRADE DOWN AND RISK A PICK ON A POTIENTAL ALLSTAR

WE ARE TAKIN EITHER MIKE WILLIAMS LARRY WINSLOW OR

MY BOY SEAN TAYLOR HE IS A BEAST

akhhorus
03-14-2004, 03:20 PM
please do not use all caps, and why are you so sure that the skins arent trading down? Are you a member of the front office

SkinsKY
03-14-2004, 03:21 PM
We might not trade down, but I think we ought to. We don't need Williams or Fitz, or Winslow (I assume you meant both Larry Fitzgerald and Kellen Winlsow). We have an all star in Coles and unless you're the Rams, you don't need two all-stars. Our defense is what needs help. I won't want to score 50 points and lose 51-50. Defensive line is not the sexiest position, but I think it might be the most crucial of them all, and as it stands, it's our worst feature.

akhhorus
03-14-2004, 03:21 PM
ummm...who exactly is "Larry Winslow"?

Dexter72
03-14-2004, 03:32 PM
You don't know who Larry Winslow is? The guy is a beast.

http://www.l-bsearch.com/NF-winslow.htm

ClintonPortis=X
03-14-2004, 03:40 PM
i did not say larry winslow

i said we are either takin mike williams, larry or winslow

but i think we will take the beast in taylor

DallasSux
03-14-2004, 03:46 PM
i say we keep gardner and draft taylor. and i dont think mccants is as good as gardner. he is good against nickle backs.

akhhorus
03-14-2004, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Dexter72
You don't know who Larry Winslow is? The guy is a beast.

http://www.l-bsearch.com/NF-winslow.htm

ROTFLMAO.....im standing and applauding you Dexter.......Too F'ing funny

akhhorus
03-14-2004, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by ClintonPortis=X
i did not say larry winslow

i said we are either takin mike williams, larry or winslow

but i think we will take the beast in taylor

you said: "WE ARE TAKIN EITHER MIKE WILLIAMS LARRY WINSLOW" I didnt see any punctuation and since you used the full name of "Mike Williams" you were using the full name of "Larry Winslow"; from what I've read, he's one hell of a sales executive.

Yudolindo
03-14-2004, 04:03 PM
No one will trade for Gardner. You cannot trade a player if no one wants him. I don't understand why its suggested as a given. That said drafting another wide out would be neat, but thatís it: we don't need one as we have a pro bowl type guy in LC. Very few offenses have two all star WRs because very few offenses pass enough to do so. Gibbs likes to run the ball, a lot. So, I think we are set at WR. Why donít we draft a QB, or a RB, because they may be better than what we have? We do however need a FS, DT and DE. Why don't we draft one of them?

akhhorus
03-14-2004, 04:06 PM
also keep in mind that Gardner will be a UFA after the season, why would you trade for someone coming up for Free agency unless you just want to clear cap space? No-one will give much for him

rskinsfan10
03-14-2004, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by ClintonPortis=X
WE ARE NOT TRADING DOWN IAM TIRED OF HEARING ALL THIS CRAP

WE WILL NOT PASS ON AN ALLSTAR THAT IS READY TO BE AN ALLSTAR FROM THE GET GO WE WILL NOT TRADE DOWN AND RISK A PICK ON A POTIENTAL ALLSTAR

WE ARE TAKIN EITHER MIKE WILLIAMS LARRY WINSLOW OR

MY BOY SEAN TAYLOR HE IS A BEAST

First of all, you may want to calm down a bit. Just because everyone here doesn't feel as though Sean Taylor is the next coming of Jesus Christ isn't reason for you to label their opinions as "crap".

Secondly, please refrain from using all CAPS within a post.

akhhorus
03-14-2004, 04:10 PM
at least he's no longer talking about Chad Eaton

ClintonPortis=X
03-14-2004, 04:14 PM
yes i will admit it i forgot the comma

i am so sorry u dont have to jump me and beat me into the ground for it

ClintonPortis=X
03-14-2004, 04:19 PM
what is wrong with chad eaton

iam tellin u he is healthy and can still play in the NFL

he will be very cheap

akhhorus
03-14-2004, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by ClintonPortis=X


he will be very cheap

for good reason....

ClintonPortis=X
03-14-2004, 04:25 PM
chad eaton take a look at this

he had 71 tackles 2 years ago what a beast

only 31

solid option

PennSkinsFan
03-14-2004, 04:26 PM
I'm actually convinced, looking at this front office, that the high words of praise about Taylor and Winslow are a signal of a trade down. Trying to make the 5th pick more sexy, shall we say, and therefore earn more on a trade down.

ClintonPortis=X
03-14-2004, 04:29 PM
how in the world can u post over 10,500 times i find that incredible

nice work

how many years have u been on the board

PennSkinsFan
03-14-2004, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by ClintonPortis=X
how in the world can u post over 10,500 times i find that incredible

nice work

how many years have u been on the board

Since it's inception. I am an owner of the site:D

akhhorus
03-14-2004, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by ClintonPortis=X
chad eaton take a look at this

he had 71 tackles 2 years ago what a beast

only 31

solid option

coming off two knee surgerys, and has had knee problems in the past. He's a good player, but now he's damaged goods at best. No team to my knowledge or TheRedZone has even contacted him for a visit, that should tell you a lot...

akhhorus
03-14-2004, 04:36 PM
and I dont think Taylor will be there when the Skins pick; either the Cards will take him or someone will trade up to get him.

rskinsfan10
03-14-2004, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by akhhorus
and I dont think Taylor will be there when the Skins pick; either the Cards will take him or someone will trade up to get him.

I've been thinking that also. Green has repeatedly stated that he isn't drafting Rothlinsberger (sp?) despite all of the mocks, so I could see him making a play for Taylor, M. Williams or Winslow.

ClintonPortis=X
03-14-2004, 04:58 PM
will winslow will certainly be their when we pick so he would have to be our man if taylor isnt their

i really would love to see winslow here in D.C.

akhhorus
03-14-2004, 05:03 PM
but Winslow has a serious attitude problems(and the skins have bigger needs), If the skins coudl trade down to 10 or 11 and pick up a second rounder, I would do that in a second. If Taylor is there at 5, the trade offers will be too big to ignore.

ClintonPortis=X
03-14-2004, 05:06 PM
winslow would love it here in a big time market like dc

and i would also love to have him here because with that offense their is noone in the nfc east that will be better than us

and we could then go after deion grant and all our promblems will be solved and dallas will be crying

akhhorus
03-14-2004, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by ClintonPortis=X
winslow would love it here in a big time market like dc

and i would also love to have him here because with that offense their is noone in the nfc east that will be better than us

and we could then go after deion grant and all our promblems will be solved and dallas will be crying

Deion Grant signed with Jacksonville a few days ago. Winslow woudl love it, but he had a disappointing combine(shorter than advertised, slower than advertised and was a jerk the whole weekend). He probably will be a good player, but the skins need d-linemen more

Skaggsrules
03-14-2004, 05:15 PM
Man, I can't wait for the draft so there will be no more fighting about what will do with it, only fighting about what they did.

frankez99
03-14-2004, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Skaggsrules
Man, I can't wait for the draft so there will be no more fighting about what will do with it, only fighting about what they did.

AMEN to that brother.....couldn't agree more...

Oh yeah....by the way Skaggsrules....what exactly is your fascination with Justin Skaggs? Are you related? Friends? Just curious....

Derek042
03-14-2004, 06:34 PM
I agree with a previous post....Dan Synder is very smart. If they really do want to trade down. It makes sense to tell everyone you want the players they want at your spot. Gives us an advantage and room to negotiate to trade down.

akhhorus
03-14-2004, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Derek042
I agree with a previous post....Dan Synder is very smart. If they really do want to trade down. It makes sense to tell everyone you want the players they want at your spot. Gives us an advantage and room to negotiate to trade down.

or look at it this way, its a message to any team who wants either Winslow II or Taylor they are going to have to pay through the nose.

IowaSkinsFan
03-14-2004, 11:41 PM
That's an even worse idea than drafting Taylor, IMO.

Skaggsrules
03-15-2004, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by frankez99
AMEN to that brother.....couldn't agree more...

Oh yeah....by the way Skaggsrules....what exactly is your fascination with Justin Skaggs? Are you related? Friends? Just curious....

He's someone who inspires me, he didn't wait for someone to sign, or wait for "fate" to place himself on a team, he went out and did all he good to get a work out and he found a team, i find it inspirational.

Emmanouel8
03-15-2004, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by ClintonPortis=X
and then trade rod for a 2nd and 3rd rounders

then dare opposing teams to stop us

just dare them

It will take them 2-3 years to have that kind of an impact. Every year there's WRs just like them, we don't need to focus on WR that high. Keep Rod.

suppitty
03-16-2004, 08:13 PM
i only read the 1st two posts but then i realized that WINSLOWredskin wants us to take taylor?

akhhorus
03-16-2004, 08:23 PM
does anybody else think that the Skins might be able to trade Rod Gardner to the Ravens and get a good return for him?

natgbz
03-16-2004, 08:48 PM
hmmm. Good thinking akhhorus.

akhhorus
03-16-2004, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by natgbz
hmmm. Good thinking akhhorus.

strike while the iron's hot. And they're desperate for a WR now: there isnt much in the FA field and by the time they pick there wont be much in the draft. Maybe the skins cant get a second rounder, but a third with a conditional pick next year would be good.

rideordie
03-17-2004, 09:04 PM
End of Discussion. We are taking Sean Taylor bc he is hands down the best player in the draft. FS is an underrated position but sean taylor is a combination of ed reed and roy williams, hes better than both. He is a B E A S T in every sense of the word. And of course we should trade *EDIT* Gardener for a 3rd rounder, i mean come on lets get serious he was a waste of a 1st round pick so lets get some compensation for him while he still has some worth. The SKINS are gonna be amazing next year. As I see it, we will trade gardner for a pick and get IGOR, a complete sleeper and steal at a late 2nd to early 3rd round pick, Bobby Taylor, a quality performer and even better role player and of course, my esse SEAN TAYLOR, the quintissential FS.

ADMIN EDIT:Refrain from using that vulgarity. It is not acceptable language here at hR!!

rideordie
03-17-2004, 09:05 PM
What can I say, I'm amazing

akhhorus
03-18-2004, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by rideordie
End of Discussion. We are taking Sean Taylor bc he is hands down the best player in the draft. FS is an underrated position but sean taylor is a combination of ed reed and roy williams, hes better than both. He is a B E A S T in every sense of the word. And of course we should trade *EDIT* Gardener for a 3rd rounder, i mean come on lets get serious he was a waste of a 1st round pick so lets get some compensation for him while he still has some worth. The SKINS are gonna be amazing next year. As I see it, we will trade gardner for a pick and get IGOR, a complete sleeper and steal at a late 2nd to early 3rd round pick, Bobby Taylor, a quality performer and even better role player and of course, my esse SEAN TAYLOR, the quintissential FS.

ADMIN EDIT:Refrain from using that vulgarity. It is not acceptable language here at hR!!

Actually it isnt the end of the *EDIT* ing discussion. You dont *EDIT*ing know if Sean *EDIT*ing Taylor is the best *EDIT*ing player in the *EDIT*ing draft. Taylor will probably be *EDIT*ing good, but who's to say that he will be a *EDIT*?
Boy im glad tomorrow is Friday, I cant wait to *EDIT* *EDIT* *EDIT* *EDIT* *EDIT* six times.

*EDIT*!!!!!

sorry, I couldnt resist

rideordie
03-23-2004, 07:24 PM
ur the coolest person on the site. sike! ur a nitwit and a huge dooshbag

rideordie
03-23-2004, 07:27 PM
do u need a tampon?

rskinsfan10
03-23-2004, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by rideordie
ur the coolest person on the site. sike! ur a nitwit and a huge dooshbag

Bye Bye........

rskinsfan10
03-23-2004, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by akhhorus
Actually it isnt the end of the *EDIT* ing discussion. You dont *EDIT*ing know if Sean *EDIT*ing Taylor is the best *EDIT*ing player in the *EDIT*ing draft. Taylor will probably be *EDIT*ing good, but who's to say that he will be a *EDIT*?
Boy im glad tomorrow is Friday, I cant wait to *EDIT* *EDIT* *EDIT* *EDIT* *EDIT* six times.

*EDIT*!!!!!

sorry, I couldnt resist

I understand that this was an attempt at humor, but let's keep this out of the forums please. It implies way too much vulgarity.

WinslowRedskin
03-23-2004, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by suppitty
i only read the 1st two posts but then i realized that WINSLOWredskin wants us to take taylor?

little bit borderline actually. More looking torwards Winslow now b/c Taylor will be gone before our pick. Either someone trades up or ARI takes him.

akhhorus
03-27-2004, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by rskinsfan10
I understand that this was an attempt at humor, but let's keep this out of the forums please. It implies way too much vulgarity.

satire, actually; of the guy who was edited. And if you dont like my jokes, then just dont post anything, you dont have to call me names

redwolf1218
03-27-2004, 06:26 PM
trade down.

VirginiaRedskin
03-28-2004, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by akhhorus
Winslow woudl love it, but he had a disappointing combine(shorter than advertised, slower than advertised).

Wow. You are right! Winslow was so disappointing at his workouts. He was listed as 6'4 and came in between 6.03.9 and 6.03.7 between his two days. He also ran an average of a 4.55 40. He was thought to be about a 4.6. Yeah, you must be right, so disappointing.

Kellen Winslow Jr. Tight End Miami:

Pro Day Update 2/28:

HEIGHT:6.03.9
WEIGHT:247
225# REPS:24
40 AVERAGE:4.55
SHORT SHUTTLE:4.10
LONG SHUTTLE:11.35
3 CONE:6.71
VERTICLE:33.5"
LONG JUMP:10'1"

COMBINE UPDATE:
HEIGHT:6.03.7
WEIGHT:251
225# REPS:DNL
40 AVERAGE:DNR

Now I do prefer the concept of trading down, but there are so many statements that read like fact around here, yet turn out to be nothing more than misinformed opinion.

akhhorus
03-28-2004, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by VirginiaRedskin
Wow. You are right! Winslow was so disappointing at his workouts. He was listed as 6'4 and came in between 6.03.9 and 6.03.7 between his two days. He also ran an average of a 4.55 40. He was thought to be about a 4.6. Yeah, you must be right, so disappointing.

Kellen Winslow Jr. Tight End Miami:

Pro Day Update 2/28:

HEIGHT:6.03.9
WEIGHT:247
225# REPS:24
40 AVERAGE:4.55
SHORT SHUTTLE:4.10
LONG SHUTTLE:11.35
3 CONE:6.71
VERTICLE:33.5"
LONG JUMP:10'1"

COMBINE UPDATE:
HEIGHT:6.03.7
WEIGHT:251
225# REPS:DNL
40 AVERAGE:DNR

Now I do prefer the concept of trading down, but there are so many statements that read like fact around here, yet turn out to be nothing more than misinformed opinion.

the Huddle report and ESPn had him much slower: 4.7 40' with a 27" verticle.

guinness4health
03-28-2004, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by JoeDaSchmoe
No way we could trade Rod for a second rounder, let alone a second and third.

i agree we couldn't get a second and a third but i do think we can get a second from someone like baltimore or the 49ers they both need help at wide reciever and will not find it in the draft or the free agency market.

baltimore's 2nd rounder looks pretty good for both parties considering we will lose him next year anyway.

guinness4health
03-28-2004, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by akhhorus
does anybody else think that the Skins might be able to trade Rod Gardner to the Ravens and get a good return for him?

i think we could get there 2nd
(there will be no wideout of his talent available when they pick comes up

kaiser
03-29-2004, 04:10 AM
I think this is a bad year to be trying to trade a WR. The pool is amazingly deep with possible lead receivers. Woods and Evans hardly get mentions, nor does reggie williams. Still, having either LF/MW would definitely give us an awesom arsenal at the Gibbs disposal! But Coach's been preaching balance, so I think DL is the way we're going to go.

rskinsfan10
03-29-2004, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by akhhorus
satire, actually; of the guy who was edited. And if you dont like my jokes, then just dont post anything, you dont have to call me names

I'm assuming that this was another attempt at humor?

akhhorus
03-29-2004, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by rskinsfan10
I'm assuming that this was another attempt at humor?

umm..no

rskinsfan10
03-29-2004, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by akhhorus
umm..no

Well, since I never called you a name, I must say that post makes absolutely no sense to me.

akhhorus
03-29-2004, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by rskinsfan10
Well, since I never called you a name, I must say that post makes absolutely no sense to me.

I wasnt referring to you, some new user called me a d***se bag after my *EDIT* joke.

rskinsfan10
03-29-2004, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by akhhorus
I wasnt referring to you, some new user called me a d***se bag after my *EDIT* joke.

Okay, makes sense now. You made that statement while quoting my post, so that is root of the confusion.

akhhorus
03-29-2004, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by rskinsfan10
Okay, makes sense now. You made that statement while quoting my post, so that is root of the confusion.

why do two posts

rskinsfan10
03-29-2004, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by akhhorus
why do two posts

To avoid said confusion. The meat of what you said wasn't directed at me apparently, but you quoted my post while saying it.

sdredskinsfan
03-30-2004, 04:29 AM
Originally posted by Dexter72
You don't know who Larry Winslow is? The guy is a beast.

http://www.l-bsearch.com/NF-winslow.htm


My kinda humor. Nice.

sdredskinsfan
03-30-2004, 04:37 AM
Originally posted by ClintonPortis=X
WE ARE NOT TRADING DOWN IAM TIRED OF HEARING ALL THIS CRAP

WE WILL NOT PASS ON AN ALLSTAR THAT IS READY TO BE AN ALLSTAR FROM THE GET GO WE WILL NOT TRADE DOWN AND RISK A PICK ON A POTIENTAL ALLSTAR

WE ARE TAKIN EITHER MIKE WILLIAMS LARRY WINSLOW OR

MY BOY SEAN TAYLOR HE IS A BEAST


Proof is in the puddin or somethin. You did say Larry Winslow.

redwolf1218
03-31-2004, 07:30 PM
did yall see wide receiver williams numbers from texas pro day? better than fitzgeralds.