hailRedskins.com Fan Board

hailRedskins.com Fan Board (http://www.hailredskins.com/vbforum/index.php)
-   the Cherokee Redskins Tribe (http://www.hailredskins.com/vbforum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Peyton/Saturday to Skins: Crazy Bram Weinstein rumor (http://www.hailredskins.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=53896)

DaveKShape 01-13-2012 10:51 AM

Peyton/Saturday to Skins: Crazy Bram Weinstein rumor

Here are a couple of tweets from today:

http://twitter.com/Bramweinstein

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bram Weinstein Twitter

One of the people who's opinion at ESPN I trust the most says Peyton + Saturday to Redskins is VERY likely.. So, I have to warm up to it
@BranPart Yes.. Also why I don't believe the Jets rumors.. No way he'd want to be in the same city with Eli for media to compare
Nothing happens with Peyton until March when deadline for 28 mil comes. Assuming he is free, the discussion I had was Skins go hard
@JacksonSports I don't think Wash is his first choice, but Shanihan might be his kind of coach. Look at Colts and the difference he makes!
A lot has to happen including Peyton release. This is no done deal by any stretch, just interesting how much momentum this has.

I still call B.S. on this. We saw what happened when Donovan strayed from Baby Shan's precious system. Manning coming here would pretty much make Kyle obsolete. Manning is many echelons above Kyle when it comes to building a good system. Things are already a mess with the 2 Shanny egos floating about. Adding Manning to that mix turns dynamite into a nuclear weapon. This could all be a moot point anyway, given that he may not even be able to play the game anymore.

As for Saturday, he's past his prime, and Will Montgomery was very decent at center this year. He would bring some good leadership qualities, but that's about it.

Typical Redskins offseason "big name player splash" rumors.

akhhorus 01-13-2012 10:56 AM

Monty's a UFA also. Dunno, I could see Mike telling kyyle to go back to his Rex Grossman dolls if they got Peyton.

DaveKShape 01-13-2012 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akhhorus (Post 1426676)
Monty's a UFA also. Dunno, I could see Mike telling kyyle to go back to his Rex Grossman dolls if they got Peyton.

So you think there's a realistic chance that they go after him? Maybe you should add that to your odds list, haha.

AustinSkin 01-13-2012 11:18 AM

I'm okay with a healthy Peyton, and Colston/Jeffery/Blackmon added to the WR corps with OL line depth built. Groom Tannehill/Weeden/Foles/Keenum, etc. as a backup.

This is a team that needs serious leadership and a go-for-the throat offensive mindset. If you can't stop us, you will lose badly, and we're not letting down for 60 minutes. This mindset seems to work pretty well for New England, New Orleans and Green Bay. If healthy, Peyton could change the culture of this organization and make it a "refuse to lose" team, instead of becoming deflated and giving up at the first sign of adversity.

I don't know where this puts Kyle, but I'm not sure he knows how to instill a sense of dedication & pride in his offense. Having good talent is one thing. Knowing how to build a team is another.

akhhorus 01-13-2012 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveKShape (Post 1426677)
So you think there's a realistic chance that they go after him? Maybe you should add that to your odds list, haha.

I think that it shouldn't be immediately discounted. And I'll put it on the board lol.

shally 01-13-2012 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinSkin (Post 1426678)
I'm okay with a healthy Peyton, and Colston/Jeffery/Blackmon added to the WR corps with OL line depth built. Groom Tannehill/Weeden/Foles/Keenum, etc. as a backup.

This is a team that needs serious leadership and a go-for-the throat offensive mindset. If you can't stop us, you will lose badly, and we're not letting down for 60 minutes. This mindset seems to work pretty well for New England, New Orleans and Green Bay. If healthy, Peyton could change the culture of this organization and make it a "refuse to lose" team, instead of becoming deflated and giving up at the first sign of adversity.

I don't know where this puts Kyle, but I'm not sure he knows how to instill a sense of dedication & pride in his offense. Having good talent is one thing. Knowing how to build a team is another.

that is the key... is he healthy enough to give the team a 2-3 year window to groom someone long term ? if he is, it would be a hell of a signing

think of the press that Eli vs Peyton would get 2 games per year..

shally 01-13-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akhhorus (Post 1426680)
I think that it shouldn't be immediately discounted. And I'll put it on the board lol.

Keim has a strong article on signing Flynn

the most interesting comments out of the article were:

Taking half the snaps in preseason and in practice, there was no difference in the scouts observed performance of Rodgers and Flynn.. granted, not for real, but efficiency and accuracy cannot be faked

Accuracy is not dependent upon the quality of the receiver and Flynn was very very accurate

he is the least risky signing of all because all he will cost is money and cap space.. we could build around him

he is very efficient and has fine pocket awareness and mobility

i think we will either sign him immediately in march, or wont consider him at all.. this is an up/down decision by Shanahan

he has "roots" with the Holmgren/Sherman coaching tree so Cleveland could be a strong consideration and Holmgren went to the Packer QB Farm system to get Hasselbeck with tremendous results.. can easily see that happening again

BIGREDSKINSFAN1963 01-13-2012 12:06 PM

I Would not have a problem signing peyton,saturday,reggie wayne,and drafting RG III if we could.the reason i added reggie wayne is simply because he is peyton's fave wr and could be another security blanket when peyton is running for his life.i can't think of anybody to learn from better than peyton manning for any young qb.i could see peyton staying on in DC after he retires and being a qb coach or oc too.if they can do all that,and still draft very wisely with olinemen,lbs,and the secondary,and still keep cooley and davis,i'd be ok with it!if they just are gonna sign manning,saturday,and wayne and not give them any support,that would be stupid!:giantsuk:

dogfight6 01-13-2012 12:08 PM

Hope this is just someone's idea of a joke. Just say no to mannings!

shally 01-13-2012 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIGREDSKINSFAN1963 (Post 1426688)
I Would not have a problem signing peyton,saturday,reggie wayne,and drafting RG III if we could.the reason i added reggie wayne is simply because he is peyton's fave wr and could be another security blanket when peyton is running for his life.i can't think of anybody to learn from better than peyton manning for any young qb.i could see peyton staying on in DC after he retires and being a qb coach or oc too.if they can do all that,and still draft very wisely with olinemen,lbs,and the secondary,and still keep cooley and davis,i'd be ok with it!if they just are gonna sign manning,saturday,and wayne and not give them any support,that would be stupid!:giantsuk:

i think IF we do sign Peyton, we wont be going after RGIII unless he falls to us..More likely we go after the best LT (Martin ??) we can find to protect the investment

in the second round we go after someone like Foles or Tannehill or Lindley to develop

shally 01-13-2012 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dogfight6 (Post 1426689)
Hope this is just someone's idea of a joke. Just say no to mannings!

it would be the ultimate snyder free agent signing.. even Haynesworth would be small potatoes compared to this

AustinSkin 01-13-2012 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shally (Post 1426685)
that is the key... is he healthy enough to give the team a 2-3 year window to groom someone long term ? if he is, it would be a hell of a signing

2-3 years would be great. But I want an understudy who can get up to speed within 1 year, and be prepared to start, if needed.

Inside my non-football mind, I believe the offensive mindset of any successful team is to have a goal to put a game out of reach by the 4th quarter and get your backup QB in the game as soon as possible. Not to run out the clock, but to run the same plays that gave you the lead. If they can't stop it, too bad. You would learn much more about the potential of your backup QB, and whether he's a keeper or not.

BIGREDSKINSFAN1963 01-13-2012 12:22 PM

Quote:

i think IF we do sign Peyton, we wont be going after RGIII unless he falls to us
I Agree with you about trading up to get him,in no way should that be done,but if we pick at 6 and he is there,i can't see us passing him up can you?
upshaw from alabama is projected to go to the bills at 10,i could see us taking him at 6th if he's there though.

AustinSkin 01-13-2012 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shally (Post 1426690)
i think IF we do sign Peyton, we wont be going after RGIII unless he falls to us..More likely we go after the best LT (Martin ??) we can find to protect the investment

in the second round we go after someone like Foles or Tannehill or Lindley to develop

Shanny will be coaching Weeden in the Senior Bowl. I have a sneaking feeling that Weeden is going to perform well, and Shanny drafts him in the middle rounds.

smoak 01-13-2012 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shally (Post 1426685)

No, he won't. If this happens I will be at near an all time low in terms of my *Redskins enthusiasm*.

wide_awake 01-13-2012 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smoak (Post 1426699)
No, he won't. If this happens I will be at near an all time low in terms of my *Redskins enthusiasm*.

I don't want to see us get Peyton either but all time low for Redskins enthusiasm??

Peyton Manning.

warpaint 01-13-2012 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinSkin (Post 1426696)
Shanny will be coaching Weeden in the Senior Bowl. I have a sneaking feeling that Weeden is going to perform well, and Shanny drafts him in the middle rounds.

i think weeden will go in the second round, not there in the middle rounds

warpaint 01-13-2012 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smoak (Post 1426699)

another jason taylor signing, one thing you dont want to sign an old guy that has been injured. iam with you smoak.

shally 01-13-2012 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinSkin (Post 1426696)

Weeden plus Peyton is not compatible because Weeden will lose 3 years and not have enough left

Better option is Peyton with someone who will need 2-3 years to develop, like Foles or Tannehill or....??

Flynn is also (hopefully) a long term signing, so it would mean a developemental guy later in the draft..?? Cousins ? Lindley ??

shally 01-13-2012 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warpaint (Post 1426704)
another jason taylor signing, one thing you dont want to sign an old guy that has been injured. iam with you smoak.

??Joe Montana to the Chiefs ?? How did that work out ?

Still, i dont know if Snyder could pass on the circus that Peyton would bring..millions in jersey sales alone...

AustinSkin 01-13-2012 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shally (Post 1426707)
Weeden plus Peyton is not compatible because Weeden will lose 3 years and not have enough left

Better option is Peyton with someone who will need 2-3 years to develop, like Foles or Tannehill or....??

Flynn is also (hopefully) a long term signing, so it would mean a developemental guy later in the draft..?? Cousins ? Lindley ??

Just about any scenario is better than what we have now. I don't just want talent, I would like to see leadership - something sadly lacking in our QB corps since....Theisman???

shally 01-13-2012 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinSkin (Post 1426711)
Just about any scenario is better than what we have now. I don't just want talent, I would like to see leadership - something sadly lacking in our QB corps since....Theisman???

Rypien
Brad Johnson
Doug Williams for a while

AustinSkin 01-13-2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shally (Post 1426713)
Rypien
Brad Johnson
Doug Williams for a while

Rypien, IMO was the beneficiary of an OL that only allowed 6 sacks the entire season. I always felt he was an average QB that had :10 seconds to make up his mind before he released the ball. He was a blue-collar QB that just lined up and got the job done. But I don't remember him calling out receivers for sloppy route running or making mental mistakes. He had all day to throw.

Brad Johnson - more of a leader. Just surrounded by mediocrity.

Doug Williams - a leader at times.

Peyton is a perfectionist, and he demands precision from his O-Line, his backs and his receivers. If someone blows an assignment, he lets them hear about it immediately. He will make a good coach when his playing days are over.

At any rate, Iwant the right combination of leadership, talent and attention to detail to not only execute plays, but to help shape the character of the team as well. For me, it's the most important component to rebuilding a team that can sustain itself as a contender.

BIGREDSKINSFAN1963 01-13-2012 02:07 PM

Quote:

Still, i dont know if Snyder could pass on the circus that Peyton would bring..millions in jersey sales alone...
I f peyton is out there,there is no way Snyder can help himself when he thinks about all the money,win or lose,he can make off peyton!he won't consider doing it,he WILL do it!

shally 01-13-2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIGREDSKINSFAN1963 (Post 1426719)
I f peyton is out there,there is no way Snyder can help himself when he thinks about all the money,win or lose,he can make off peyton!he won't consider doing it,he WILL do it!

the ONLY way he wont is if Shanahan tells him directly, "Oh, No, you WONT !!!"

but Snyder already had his "Jeff George" moment, so he wont buck Shanahan.. He will likely pout and whine, but that is it..

on the other hand, there is no way Shanahan will be able to continue the Rex/Beck fiasco, or deny Snyder a shiny new QB for the Redskins (Flynn/RGIII/etc) if Peyton is out there and available.. Put is this way, there is no way in hell that Orton will serve as a "meat substitute" for Manning..lol

CNYSkinFan 01-13-2012 02:30 PM

I don't know why you guys cant see the possibility that Shanny will go with Peyton. Shanny has continually favored vets at qb over young qbs in his last two years. He came in 2010 and saw a flawed but young qb on the roster and he immediately brought in two vet qbs in rex and beck and traded for another in McNabb. In 2011 He decided to stick with rex and Beck over Gabbert or any qb in the 2011 draft.

The more I think of it the more I believe Shanny will go after Peyton. He did the same with Jake Plummer. The only young qb shanny went after was Cutler, and he basically cost Shanny his last job. Shanny knows he needs to win next season, he will be desperate, and going after Peyton may be a the least risky decision. I don't buy the 5 year rebuild bull. he is going to want to twin in the next couple of years, Peyton is the best option.

jaylen 01-13-2012 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIGREDSKINSFAN1963 (Post 1426719)

Sadly I agree with this and I think its the sorta move that won't fool as much of the fanbase as these sorta things did years ago.

I would be bitterly disappoited if we went after Peyton. I don't wat a hurt up old legend dragging his carcass onto my Skins to be a footnote like Unitas with the Chargers was.

Just move up and grab RGIII even if you have to overpay alittle. I want to build for a future not pray they we can ressurect a pass with Peyton's former glory.

akhhorus 01-13-2012 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CNYSkinFan (Post 1426722)
I don't know why you guys cant see the possibility that Shanny will go with Peyton. Shanny has continually favored vets at qb over young qbs in his last two years. He came in 2010 and saw a flawed but young qb on the roster and he immediately brought in two vet qbs in rex and beck and traded for another in McNabb. In 2011 He decided to stick with rex and Beck over Gabbert or any qb in the 2011 draft.

The more I think of it the more I believe Shanny will go after Peyton. He did the same with Jake Plummer. The only young qb shanny went after was Cutler, and he basically cost Shanny his last job. Shanny knows he needs to win next season, he will be desperate, and going after Peyton may be a the least risky decision. I don't buy the 5 year rebuild bull. he is going to want to twin in the next couple of years, Peyton is the best option.

I have little doubt that Shanny would bid on him if he were to hit the open market. I think that Peyton might not want to come to DC if he had to do everything little thing the exact way that Kyyle would demand him do. He's going to want to go somewhere with a weak OC so he can effectively be the OC.

silverspring 01-13-2012 02:58 PM

Signing peyton manning would be a major step back in rebuilding the redskins. How anyone could see this as anything other than a win now ignore the future move is beyond me. Peyton isn't even healthy and last time he was he wasn't even playing that great. This would be asinine.

AustinSkin 01-13-2012 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akhhorus (Post 1426725)
I have little doubt that Shanny would bid on him if he were to hit the open market. I think that Peyton might not want to come to DC if he had to do everything little thing the exact way that Kyyle would demand him do. He's going to want to go somewhere with a weak OC so he can effectively be the OC.

Wouldn't it be nice if he could "imprint" his ability to read defenses and make adjustments to a bright prospect, and then step in as OC?

GenMgr 01-13-2012 02:59 PM

Irsay will only release Manning if he is unable to play, otherwise I expect the Colts to keep PM and draft Luck, irregardless of the risks.

akhhorus 01-13-2012 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinSkin (Post 1426727)
Wouldn't it be nice if he could "imprint" his ability to read defenses and make adjustments to a bright prospect, and then step in as OC?

It would, wouldn't it? Instead, I have week 6 on when Peyton would be benched for "Cardiovascular" reasons.

Keino 01-13-2012 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akhhorus (Post 1426725)

Is there a weaker OC than Kyle? The last 2 years he has seemed pretty weak to me.

akhhorus 01-13-2012 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keino (Post 1426731)
Is there a weaker OC than Kyle? The last 2 years he has seemed pretty weak to me.

Weak in a power sense. Is there a stronger OC then Kyyle in that sense?

silverspring 01-13-2012 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GenMgr (Post 1426728)
Irsay will only release Manning if he is unable to play, otherwise I expect the Colts to keep PM and draft Luck, irregardless of the risks.

Isray won't even know if manning is going to be healthy at this point. It is anyone's guess. With the leadership change at the colts, anything is possible.

Keino 01-13-2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akhhorus (Post 1426732)
Weak in a power sense. Is there a stronger OC then Kyyle in that sense?

No cuz he'll just tell his Daddy on you....

shally 01-13-2012 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GenMgr (Post 1426728)

not risks, dollars... they will owe PM millions in March

Patrick 01-13-2012 06:14 PM

If this rumor is true - I sadly hope that Peyton has to retire due to not being able of physically play the game anymore.

shally 01-13-2012 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keino (Post 1426731)

i dont know who is calling plays for Atlanta, but they absolutely suck given all the talent they have on Offense

shally 01-13-2012 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick (Post 1426742)
If this rumor is true - I sadly hope that Peyton has to retire due to not being able of physically play the game anymore.

i think the odds of that being true are very high.. same as with Aikman and Steve Young who both had to retire before they were scrambled for ever