hailRedskins.com Fan Board

hailRedskins.com Fan Board (http://www.hailredskins.com/vbforum/index.php)
-   the Cherokee Redskins Tribe (http://www.hailredskins.com/vbforum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Who's the Starting QB next Season? (http://www.hailredskins.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=53908)

shally 01-30-2012 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by culpeper (Post 1428551)
Understood, but my fear is that Shanny doesnt view RG3 as a potential candidate for the job. I like seeing that Mike is not as rigid with the "system" as I thought he was, regardless of who the QB is.

maybe.. right now you literally cannot believe anything he is saying--even the obvious

NCskinsfanatic 01-30-2012 12:50 PM

https://twitter.com/#!/granthpaulsen...40149641076737

Another pov that calls it like it is...

Quote:

I can say that the #Redskins would have interest in moving up but if the #Browns decide that they want to, WSH wouldn't have ammunition.
I know some dont see the Browns moving up because they have so many holes, but heck so do we. McCoy isnt the answer and is barely serviceable and is injury prone. I cant see why the Browns wouldnt move up to be honest. So Peyton may retire, Flynns supposedly not on our radar and all it will take is for the Browns to fall in love with RGIII and we're out of the running for a franchise QB... Im curious to know what others see as the best scenario assuming it plays out like I think it will.

shally 01-30-2012 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCskinsfanatic (Post 1428563)
https://twitter.com/#!/granthpaulsen...40149641076737

Another pov that calls it like it is...

I know some dont see the Browns moving up because they have so many holes, but heck so do we. McCoy isnt the answer and is barely serviceable and is injury prone. I cant see why the Browns wouldnt move up to be honest. So Peyton may retire, Flynns supposedly not on our radar and all it will take is for the Browns to fall in love with RGIII and we're out of the running for a franchise QB... Im curious to know what others see as the best scenario assuming it plays out like I think it will.

again, Holmgren has NEVER taken a QB in the first round of the draft.. that doesnt mean he cant, only that it runs counter to what has gotten him to where he is now.
He HAS traded for backups, so the assumption that he cant trade for Flynn, or sign him as a free agent, is absurd..Flynn will go where he gets the best contract. period. if that is Cleveland, that is where he will go

NCskinsfanatic 01-30-2012 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shally (Post 1428565)
again, Holmgren has NEVER taken a QB in the first round of the draft.. that doesnt mean he cant, only that it runs counter to what has gotten him to where he is now.
He HAS traded for backups, so the assumption that he cant trade for Flynn, or sign him as a free agent, is absurd..Flynn will go where he gets the best contract. period. if that is Cleveland, that is where he will go

Well had Shanny ever traded up in the 1st for a QB before he did it for Cutler? Like you said just because Holmgren hasnt doesnt mean he wont. And I agree about Flynn but all things being equal(i.e. $) Im just saying I dont see him picking Clevelnad over Miami or Seattle.

akhhorus 01-30-2012 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCskinsfanatic (Post 1428574)
Well had Shanny ever traded up in the 1st for a QB before he did it for Cutler? Like you said just because Holmgren hasnt doesnt mean he wont. And I agree about Flynn but all things being equal(i.e. $) Im just saying I dont see him picking Clevelnad over Miami or Seattle.

I'd point out that nobody knew Shanny was going to do that until it was done. He didn't show much interest in Cutler and people wrote off any possibility of it happening.

NCskinsfanatic 01-30-2012 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akhhorus (Post 1428576)
I'd point out that nobody knew Shanny was going to do that until it was done. He didn't show much interest in Cutler and people wrote off any possibility of it happening.

Understood, just saying just because someones never done it doesnt mean its not a possibility, especially when that someone has multiple 1st rounders.

However I did get this response from Rich Tandler when posing the question regarding the Browns need for a QB almost as bad as ours...

Quote:

Rich Tandler@Rich_Tandler
@Ezdoesit1974 Have heard from Cleveland beat guys that the Browns won't trade up. Certainly not the final word, but we'll see.

akhhorus 01-30-2012 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCskinsfanatic (Post 1428577)
Understood, just saying just because someones never done it doesnt mean its not a possibility, especially when that someone has multiple 1st rounders.

However I did get this response from Rich Tandler when posing the question regarding the Browns need for a QB almost as bad as ours...

If Cleveland's out, the a Skins' deal up to 2 should happen long before the draft. Until Seattle, Miami, Cleveland(and other teams) get a QB upgrade, I won't buy that they're out.

shally 01-30-2012 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akhhorus (Post 1428578)
If Cleveland's out, the a Skins' deal up to 2 should happen long before the draft. Until Seattle, Miami, Cleveland(and other teams) get a QB upgrade, I won't buy that they're out.

who knows ? maybe that is EXACTLY what all the chatter around Redskin Central is about ? if we already have a deal in place with the Rams (highly unlikely, i think) then we have a new QB, for certain...

akhhorus 01-30-2012 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shally (Post 1428579)
who knows ? maybe that is EXACTLY what all the chatter around Redskin Central is about ? if we already have a deal in place with the Rams (highly unlikely, i think) then we have a new QB, for certain...

If thats so, or they're even talking, that would leak out extremely quickly.

NCskinsfanatic 01-30-2012 07:20 PM

Quote:

Agreed but like he said thats what the beat guys are saying doesnt mean its concrete but obviously I see Cleveland as outr biggest stumbling block if we do indeed have intentions on drafting RGIII.

skinfanjon 01-30-2012 10:16 PM

Quote:

Except for dealing for the number one overall pick, is there precedent for trading spots weeks or even months before the draft? I can't think of any examples off the top of my head. I always thought those deals get made once the pressure is on and the team trading up knows for certain that the player they have the hots for is still on the board.

flave1969 01-31-2012 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skinfanjon (Post 1428603)
Except for dealing for the number one overall pick, is there precedent for trading spots weeks or even months before the draft? I can't think of any examples off the top of my head. I always thought those deals get made once the pressure is on and the team trading up knows for certain that the player they have the hots for is still on the board.

I believe we traded spots with Denver ahead of the draft where we picked JC at the 25 spot.

culpeper 01-31-2012 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akhhorus (Post 1428582)
If thats so, or they're even talking, that would leak out extremely quickly.

It may have (PR guy a few weeks ago).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shally

March 13 FA starts and we'll know more, but right now the tea leaves are starting to show (IMO) we could have the inside track to RG3 IF we want him. Ive been on the Cleveland boards, and it seems 80% or more fans want someone other than RG3. Just fans I know, but as fans we all like to think we know the "right direction" for our team.

Browns fans vote Mock

Quote:

Originally Posted by Browns fan
"The numbers so far are interesting. I find it odd that despite the fact that nearly all the mocks out there have the Browns grabbing RG3, he's only received one vote(so far) from actual Browns Fans. Is this a case of seeing ourselves differently than the masses from the outside looking in, or is this something else. I also find the position of needs pretty close to how we MAY go in the draft. Drafting WR, linebacker then either addressing the DE or OL position."

Dawg bones 1.0 mock

Dawg bones 2.0 mock

Spoiler alert, both of these have WSH taking the same player

colkurtz 01-31-2012 07:00 AM

I don't think our competition is Cleveland, I think it is the Rams. THEY have the golden opportunity to choose RGIII. Then they can field offers for Bradford (Shanahan likes him) OR RGIII.

Of course they may already have a deal beforehand and I wouldn't put it past Snyder to have a wink and a nod for either QB.

Cleveland and the Rams are just like us - they need good players to fill a lot of holes. Cleveland will use the draft to provide McCoy with the tools to win.
I easily could see them taking Flynn. Flynn will go with a team where he can start. Based on the lack of game tape on him, probably the best he can hope for is to go to a team like the Browns and have a fair competition for the starting job. IMO Flynn will go to a team either where he can compete for the QB spot, or where he is probably the starter. Anyone who picks Flynn will have a backup plan.

With this Rams scenario the trade for Bradford or RGIII will ultimately come down to how the teams view each QB. Shanahan/Allen/Kyle could easily take Bradford - why?

1. Shanahan likes him and tried to get him before - not enough ammunition to get him then.
2. He's had a tough time in the NFL, but his learning curve is higher than any draft pick QB.
3. He will cost far less than the king's ransom required for RGIII. That will help as the Redskins draft for at least two picks for the OL. I also think that the Redskins will go for a FA WR or perhaps Blackmon. Blackmon is the type of player the Redskins need. Someone who gets good YAC and can break tackles.

Keino 01-31-2012 07:11 AM

No way. The economics of it all make it pretty much an impossibility that we are competing with the Rams for the rights to draft RGIII. They have far too much invested in Bradford.