hailRedskins.com Fan Board

hailRedskins.com Fan Board (http://www.hailredskins.com/vbforum/index.php)
-   the Cherokee Redskins Tribe (http://www.hailredskins.com/vbforum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   RUMOR or BS: Heard at Lunch: The Redskins Have Chosen a New Quarterback (http://www.hailredskins.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=53915)

NCskinsfanatic 02-02-2012 10:02 PM

Orton and Rex huh, how'd that work out in Chicago lol. I mean if we draft Tannehill or maybe Weeden maybe it would be ok, maybe...and thats just me not wanting to lose draft picks talking. I think Ortons an upgrade over Rex but I want a guy drafted that could reasonably unseat Orton by year 2 lol.

shally 02-02-2012 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCskinsfanatic (Post 1428848)
Orton and Rex huh, how'd that work out in Chicago lol. I mean if we draft Tannehill or maybe Weeden maybe it would be ok, maybe...and thats just me not wanting to lose draft picks talking. I think Ortons an upgrade over Rex but I want a guy drafted that could reasonably unseat Orton by year 2 lol.

honestly, i dont want to EVER see Orton in a Redskins uniform.. same as John Friesz.. or Jeff Rutledge.. or a whole bunch of other guys who will, predictably, be losers

Keino 02-03-2012 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shally (Post 1428853)
honestly, i dont want to EVER see Orton in a Redskins uniform.. same as John Friesz.. or Jeff Rutledge.. or a whole bunch of other guys who will, predictably, be losers

I wouldn't have minded Orton for the 2011 season, but yea, I am not sure that makes a whole lot of sense for 2012 and beyond.

Like DJ said in another thread, this franchise owes us an attempt at a franchise QB through the draft.

joethefan 02-03-2012 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keino (Post 1428857)
I wouldn't have minded Orton for the 2011 season, but yea, I am not sure that makes a whole lot of sense for 2012 and beyond.

Like DJ said in another thread, this franchise owes us an attempt at a franchise QB through the draft.

+1...I guess the last one was Joe Theisman...IMO If they pulled the trigger and went up to get RGIII, I would not have 1 problem with it.

the only problem I would have is that they would probably try to justify this by bringing Rex/Beck back which IMO would be a HUGE mistake. The QB position alone accounted for almost 30 turnovers this year...RIDICULOUS!!!
And we all know that he wold not play unless an injury or the season goes downhill.....I say say go get him and give him the keys....

shally 02-03-2012 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joethefan (Post 1428858)
+1...I guess the last one was Joe Theisman...IMO If they pulled the trigger and went up to get RGIII, I would not have 1 problem with it.

the only problem I would have is that they would probably try to justify this by bringing Rex/Beck back which IMO would be a HUGE mistake. The QB position alone accounted for almost 30 turnovers this year...RIDICULOUS!!!
And we all know that he wold not play unless an injury or the season goes downhill.....I say say go get him and give him the keys....

we actually traded for Theisman, i believe.. he was originally drafted by the Dolphins and then went to Canada

joethefan 02-03-2012 08:55 AM

My point is he was the last QB that was here for a number of years and actually delivered.

QB stability is paramount in the NFL...ask the winning teams

BIGREDSKINSFAN1963 02-03-2012 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shally (Post 1428860)
we actually traded for Theisman, i believe.. he was originally drafted by the Dolphins and then went to Canada

Sure did. he returned punts a few years before jack pardee cut kilmer,and named him the starter.

add another name to the future potential skins qb next year.
http://www.hogshaven.com/2012/1/31/2...be-a-fit-in-dc

colkurtz 02-03-2012 09:41 PM

If you want a franchise QB then you have to take risks to get him. Look at all the teams that drafted failures like Leaf, Shuler, etc. In the Snyderrato era the team cheaped out on the QB position and look what it got us.