hailRedskins.com Fan Board

hailRedskins.com Fan Board (http://www.hailredskins.com/vbforum/index.php)
-   the Cherokee Redskins Tribe (http://www.hailredskins.com/vbforum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   PFT:skins considering peyton,flynn,orton (http://www.hailredskins.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=53958)

silverspring 02-11-2012 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skin-E-Dip (Post 1429662)
Just a few thoughts:

1) We need to accept that fact that Orton will be leading this team in 2012. Neither Cleveland nor Vikings are going to let RGIII get past them. Flynn is Miami bound and Peyton either won't be able to play at the level he once did or will go to an already competitive team like the 49ers. Why would he want to come to a division with his brother, Romo, and Vick?

2) Please please please stop to the talk about drafting Blackmon. You don't buy million dollar tires for a car that has a 5 dollar engine. Not to mention that the Redskins are 0-forever when it comes to drafting wide receivers. We certainly don't want to waste a top 10 draft pick on one.

Orton isn't much better than rex. It would probably take a season before he even learned the system enough to produce to rex's level. I can't stand rex, but I would be disappointed by a lateral move.

Skin-E-Dip 02-11-2012 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverspring (Post 1429673)
Orton isn't much better than rex. It would probably take a season before he even learned the system enough to produce to rex's level. I can't stand rex, but I would be disappointed by a lateral move.

Totally agree but I think Orton has a reputation as being a better game manager and much less turnover prone. Believe me, getting Orton gets me as excited as reruns of the Golden Girls, but if we trade down for extra picks to get a mid to low first round QB, another QB in the 2nd, and fill remaining needs in the other rounds, this could at least give us hope. Let Orton come in as the starter and pray to God that one of the rookies prove to be the second coming of Tom Brady

MadDog97 02-11-2012 05:50 PM

No MORE

The Skins should take a pass on Manning. The guy has shown no evidence he will be back to his old self and he is 36. Not to hot on either Flynn or Orton either. Too me, it is time to take the best we can get in the draft. And this person may be a second rounder. After Luck and RG III, talent takes a dive.

BIGREDSKINSFAN1963 02-11-2012 07:40 PM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...in-washington/

silverspring 02-11-2012 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skin-E-Dip (Post 1429677)
Totally agree but I think Orton has a reputation as being a better game manager and much less turnover prone. Believe me, getting Orton gets me as excited as reruns of the Golden Girls, but if we trade down for extra picks to get a mid to low first round QB, another QB in the 2nd, and fill remaining needs in the other rounds, this could at least give us hope. Let Orton come in as the starter and pray to God that one of the rookies prove to be the second coming of Tom Brady

Good points and very nice use of a golden girls reference :)

NCskinsfanatic 02-13-2012 10:32 PM

Hmmm Schaub anyone...Id trade for him in a heartbeat myself.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...or-the-texans/

shally 02-13-2012 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCskinsfanatic (Post 1429819)
Hmmm Schaub anyone...Id trade for him in a heartbeat myself.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...or-the-texans/

i cannot see that happening

Redskin4Life 02-13-2012 11:16 PM

Now explain this one to me please... the Texans are still in the AFC with teams like Baltimore, New England, NYJets, etc to compete with but the NFC has really no one consistently competing for the top spots. It would seem that the NFC would be easier for PManning to get to the SB.

Emmanouel8 02-14-2012 12:42 AM

That would be the most asinine move on the Texans part ever.

Patrick 02-14-2012 06:59 AM

IF Peyton is healthy - this would be one of the better teams he could choose to go with that is considered to be a SB contender.

culpeper 02-14-2012 08:11 AM

This is the first thing Ive heard on PM that I dont completely disagree with. I dont think PM to the Texans would be a bad gig. The issue is health for both QBs.

I dont see the Texans abandoning their long term goal/direction, but if the FO gets desperate (ala Minny with Favre), it could happen. Irsay may also know more about the neck and try to "McNabb" the Texans...

colkurtz 02-14-2012 08:25 AM

PFT is right in saying we haven't found a franchise QB in 20 years. Our dismal record, under different HC and Offensive Coordinators, shows the black hole that this team has had at the most important player on the field.

Forget Orton. If we trade up and draft for RGIII then he starts on day one. We can't let our QB sit out 1+ seasons like we did with JC. The rest of the NFL is starting their new,shiny QB right away.

The Redskins need to be very aggressive in what's left of the draft and FA to bring in at least 3-5 new players to the OL. We need to acquire a #1 WR right now via FA.

Moe 02-14-2012 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by culpeper (Post 1429838)
This is the first thing Ive heard on PM that I dont completely disagree with. I dont think PM to the Texans would be a bad gig. The issue is health for both QBs.

I dont see the Texans abandoning their long term goal/direction, but if the FO gets desperate (ala Minny with Favre), it could happen. Irsay may also know more about the neck and try to "McNabb" the Texans...

The Texans should go after Peyton if he's healthy. Schaub puts up pretty numbers but hasn't won anything of note, and in fact choked away 2-3 games this year with some horrible late game play. I've never understood the love affair with Schaub; he looks the part but can't stay healthy and has no signature wins on his resume.

culpeper 02-14-2012 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moe (Post 1429841)
The Texans should go after Peyton if he's healthy. Schaub puts up pretty numbers but hasn't won anything of note, and in fact choked away 2-3 games this year with some horrible late game play. I've never understood the love affair with Schaub; he looks the part but can't stay healthy and has no signature wins on his resume.

Agreed. The Texans are desperate enough to get Garcia and Delhomme because Schaub cant stay healthy, they need to at least consider a healthy PM.

I think the love affair with Schaub is they invested a lot in him and have put a lot into his development. Hes put some good performances together, but as always consistency is key. With Foster being the anchor of this team, PM would do well in Houston.

I tend to agree with this article/assessment: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/footb...ons/53085918/1

Quote:

2. Washington Redskins

The situation: To their way of thinking, the Redskins have been a quarterback away since Super Bowl XXVI MVP Mark Rypien left after the 1993 season. Coach Mike Shanahan hasn't won a Super Bowl since former Denver Broncos quarterback John Elway retired in May 1999. Last season, Rex Grossman and John Beck combined for 24 interceptions (20 by Grossman in 13 starts).

Why it would work: Shanahan builds around a quarterback's strengths. Remember Jake Plummer's 2005 Pro Bowl season? Shanahan is a play-action running-game devotee and has stockpiled tailbacks Tim Hightower, Roy Helu and Evan Royster. Owner Daniel Snyder can atone for his biggest free agent fiasco, $100 million bust Albert Haynesworth, with one of the game's greatest leaders.

Why it wouldn't work: Manning might not want to face younger brother Eli twice a season in the ultracompetitive NFC East. The offensive line is patchwork, and there is no explosive receiver. With the sixth overall pick, Shanahan can get a younger, mobile quarterback such as Robert Griffin III or Ryan Tannehill to fit his bootleg-based system.

NCskinsfanatic 02-14-2012 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shally (Post 1429820)
i cannot see that happening

It might be a stretch I'll concede that but if he went there Schaub would demand a trade imo and where better to go than Washington? He played for UVA in college and we run essentially the same system. I realize he's struggled with injuries but he'd be a huge upgrade over Rex/Beck and Orton or any of the other fodder not named PM on the free agent market.