hailRedskins.com Fan Board

hailRedskins.com Fan Board (http://www.hailredskins.com/vbforum/index.php)
-   the Cherokee Redskins Tribe (http://www.hailredskins.com/vbforum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   PFT:skins considering peyton,flynn,orton (http://www.hailredskins.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=53958)

culpeper 02-14-2012 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCskinsfanatic (Post 1429847)
It might be a stretch I'll concede that but if he went there Schaub would demand a trade imo and where better to go than Washington? He played for UVA in college and we run essentially the same system. I realize he's struggled with injuries but he'd be a huge upgrade over Rex/Beck and Orton or any of the other fodder not named PM on the free agent market.

I would take Schaub. His best years were with Kyle.

shally 02-14-2012 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCskinsfanatic (Post 1429847)
It might be a stretch I'll concede that but if he went there Schaub would demand a trade imo and where better to go than Washington? He played for UVA in college and we run essentially the same system. I realize he's struggled with injuries but he'd be a huge upgrade over Rex/Beck and Orton or any of the other fodder not named PM on the free agent market.

he is no longer a young qb.. far prefer to try and get RGIII and let him develop

shally 02-14-2012 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by culpeper (Post 1429848)

......................and maybe his best years are in the rear view mirror..time to go young, and establish a long term starter.. i kind of think of Schaub like Brad Johnson-- he might give a team a superior year or 2, and possibly lead them deep into the playoffs, but in 2 or 3 years he will be well past his prime and will need to be replaced.. better to go with a young player.. there is always risk that we draft the "next" Ramsey or Campbell and get an ordinary guy, or worse, but without a franchise player at QB we are just spinning in circles..

NCskinsfanatic 02-14-2012 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by culpeper (Post 1429848)

My thoughts exactly...

Quote:

Originally Posted by shally (Post 1429850)
he is no longer a young qb.. far prefer to try and get RGIII and let him develop

I'd prefer RGIII too but at what cost? If RGIII still has a questionable OL, no impact WR's and a defense that's secondary is suspect I dont know how much he helps us in his first 2 seasons.We just cant afford to mortgage a ton of picks this year and next and hope to improve.IMo it would be better to sign a vet that can get it done for 3 years, keep our picks, continue to fill out the roster and look for a young QB to develop this year or next. I know much can be done in free agency but the amount of WRs that will actually be available(i.e. not franchised/re-signed) are likely to be slim. Ol upgrades wont be cheap and our secondary is a mess, along with needs at ILB anda true NT, at least a developmental one...still not sold on Cofield as a nose.

culpeper 02-14-2012 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shally (Post 1429851)
......................and maybe his best years are in the rear view mirror..time to go young, and establish a long term starter.. i kind of think of Schaub like Brad Johnson-- he might give a team a superior year or 2, and possibly lead them deep into the playoffs, but in 2 or 3 years he will be well past his prime and will need to be replaced.. better to go with a young player.. there is always risk that we draft the "next" Ramsey or Campbell and get an ordinary guy, or worse, but without a franchise player at QB we are just spinning in circles..

Oh Im all in for RG3 Shally, dont misunderstand me. At almost any cost, especially if we do well in FA filling holes and keep our 2nd rd pick and trade back multiple times from there.

But in a vacuum, out of all the possible FA signings, I would probably prefer Schaub.

akhhorus 02-14-2012 11:13 AM

Why the hell would the Texans deal Schaub for Peyton/Yates? Why would anyone deal for him since he'll be an UFA after the season?

shally 02-14-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akhhorus (Post 1429864)
Why the hell would the Texans deal Schaub for Peyton/Yates? Why would anyone deal for him since he'll be an UFA after the season?

you never know.. maybe they feel that Schaub has hit his ceiling and yates just needs another year to develop behind Peyton ??

a team would need to extend Schaub as the price of trading for him

he puts up a lot of stats, but what has he really accomplished ??

NCskinsfanatic 02-14-2012 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akhhorus (Post 1429864)

I dont think anyones talking about dealing for him, the article seemed to say people close to PM said he had interest in the Texans and one could assume if Peyton was signed by them then Schaub would be available.

akhhorus 02-14-2012 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shally (Post 1429865)
you never know.. maybe they feel that Schaub has hit his ceiling and yates just needs another year to develop behind Peyton ??

So the skins should trade for a stats padder who's contract pays his 8 million in 2012 looking for that last big deal?

Stats padder or not and whether or not the Texans sign Peyton(I don't why they would do that, if Johnson/Schaub/Williams stay healthy you can make a good case that they would have been in the super bowl at least), Schaub would cost a fortune to deal for. I'd rather sign Peyton and draft his understudy.

NCskinsfanatic 02-14-2012 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shally (Post 1429865)

More than Rex/Beck, Orton, Young or any of the other QB's available. The same"what has he accomplished" could be said of Cutler...but Id trade for him too if available.

akhhorus 02-14-2012 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCskinsfanatic (Post 1429870)
More than Rex/Beck, Orton, Young or any of the other QB's available. The same"what has he accomplished" could be said of Cutler...but Id trade for him too if available.

I'd trade for Cutler before Schaub.

shally 02-14-2012 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCskinsfanatic (Post 1429867)
I dont think anyones talking about dealing for him, the article seemed to say people close to PM said he had interest in the Texans and one could assume if Peyton was signed by them then Schaub would be available.

there is absolutely NO way that the texans get Peyton and not deal Schaub.. it would signal the end of Schaub's tenure

frankly off of what Yates showed, i would think that (if healthy) Peyton-Yates is a better combo for both the short and long term

shally 02-14-2012 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akhhorus (Post 1429871)
I'd trade for Cutler before Schaub.

Cutler is going to have a great year coming up.. they got Bates to work with him and will draft/sign a couple of wideouts like Floyd plus Manningham, Meachem, etc.. if Forte can recover, all of a sudden the Bear could be a surprise team

NCskinsfanatic 02-14-2012 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akhhorus (Post 1429869)
So the skins should trade for a stats padder who's contract pays his 8 million in 2012 looking for that last big deal?

Stats padder or not and whether or not the Texans sign Peyton(I don't why they would do that, if Johnson/Schaub/Williams stay healthy you can make a good case that they would have been in the super bowl at least), Schaub would cost a fortune to deal for. I'd rather sign Peyton and draft his understudy.

Im not sure the fortune Schaub would cost isnt still less than the fortune it'll take to get to number 2 for RGII. Im not a fan of selling the farm for either guy but we need a QB not named Rex/Orton, etc. in the worst way...what we have to try and do is find the cheapest(draft pick wise) way of acquiring him imo.

shally 02-14-2012 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akhhorus (Post 1429869)

you misunderstood my post.. I have said i DONT want Schaub and would rather pay the price to move up and Get RGII... or sign Peyton and draft a guy to devlop..

i am NOT a fan of Schaub