hailRedskins.com Fan Board

hailRedskins.com Fan Board (http://www.hailredskins.com/vbforum/index.php)
-   the Cherokee Redskins Tribe (http://www.hailredskins.com/vbforum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   PFT:skins considering peyton,flynn,orton (http://www.hailredskins.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=53958)

shally 02-14-2012 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCskinsfanatic (Post 1429874)
Im not sure the fortune Schaub would cost isnt still less than the fortune it'll take to get to number 2 for RGII. Im not a fan of selling the farm for either guy but we need a QB not named Rex/Orton, etc. in the worst way...what we have to try and do is find the cheapest(draft pick wise) way of acquiring him imo.

with the new pay scale, it will be far cheaper to draft and commit to RGIII than to trade for Schaub, with a new contract..

akhhorus 02-14-2012 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shally (Post 1429872)
there is absolutely NO way that the texans get Peyton and not deal Schaub.. it would signal the end of Schaub's tenure

frankly off of what Yates showed, i would think that (if healthy) Peyton-Yates is a better combo for both the short and long term

I agree with the 1st paragraph, but I think that Yates' success will have the opposite effect: they got X far with Yates-who was hit and miss at times-Schaub should be able to get them past that speedbump.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shally (Post 1429873)
Cutler is going to have a great year coming up.. they got Bates to work with him and will draft/sign a couple of wideouts like Floyd plus Manningham, Meachem, etc.. if Forte can recover, all of a sudden the Bear could be a surprise team

If they can get a left tackle. I think that the skins should entertain offers from them to move to if they can't get Rg3.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCskinsfanatic (Post 1429874)
Im not sure the fortune Schaub would cost isnt still less than the fortune it'll take to get to number 2 for RGII. Im not a fan of selling the farm for either guy but we need a QB not named Rex/Orton, etc. in the worst way...what we have to try and do is find the cheapest(draft pick wise) way of acquiring him imo.

Agreed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shally (Post 1429875)
you misunderstood my post.. I have said i DONT want Schaub and would rather pay the price to move up and Get RGII... or sign Peyton and draft a guy to devlop..

i am NOT a fan of Schaub

Ok, now I understand your point.

shally 02-14-2012 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akhhorus (Post 1429879)
I agree with the 1st paragraph, but I think that Yates' success will have the opposite effect: they got X far with Yates-who was hit and miss at times-Schaub should be able to get them past that speedbump.

i think the Texans have to critically look and see if it was the fact that Indy fell off a cliff that allowed them to finally get past them into the playoffs, rather than the work of Yates/Schaub.. there was a big vacuum in that division last year that Houston stepped into.. things will likely be a bit tougher this year

also, the chatter out of Houston today is that they are totally NOT interested in Manning

personally i could see Yates actually outplaying Schaub with a full offseason to mature.. he has a long way to go, but I think he played well enough to develop, but not quite to turn the team over to this year

NCskinsfanatic 02-14-2012 12:08 PM

Texans dont seem too interested anyway lol...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...wn-in-houston/

But if PM's seen as a poor fit for Houston, Im not sure how he's a good fit here. Despite all the RGIII, PM talk I could see Shanny signing Orton and drafting Tannenhill. Shanny's interest in Cutler was unknown to most and Tannenhill is considered the 3rd best QB by a lot of draft guys, with some even saying he's a top 10 pick.

akhhorus 02-14-2012 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shally (Post 1429880)
i think the Texans have to critically look and see if it was the fact that Indy fell off a cliff that allowed them to finally get past them into the playoffs, rather than the work of Yates/Schaub.. there was a big vacuum in that division last year that Houston stepped into.. things will likely be a bit tougher this year

But you forget that they didn't have Andre Johnson much last year and Mario Williams was on pace was a monster season before he went down in his 5th start. As for the rest of the division: I like Pagano, but with the defensive switch(and they literally have NOTHING for a 3-4 front 7 on that team) and transitioning from the older offensive talent, I don't think that the Colts are better then 4-5 wins in 2012. The Jags and Titans don't really scare me either if I'm the texans.

Quote:

also, the chatter out of Houston today is that they are totally NOT interested in Manning

Story over then lol

Quote:

personally i could see Yates actually outplaying Schaub with a full offseason to mature.. he has a long way to go, but I think he played well enough to develop, but not quite to turn the team over to this year

You trade one and resign the other if you're the Texans. Yates probably nets a high 3rd/mid 2nd right now.

BIGREDSKINSFAN1963 02-14-2012 12:33 PM

I Think the texans would be stupid to go back to schaub,especially after the way yates came in and played last season.there is talk manning wants to go there which i don,t see happening with schaub there.

jaylen 02-14-2012 03:01 PM

AKH a high 3rd late 2nd for Yates really. I wasn't that impressed with him at all. Not sure he's gonna get that sorta grade when all the film work is done on him.

Schaub is a much better qb than he is.

BIGREDSKINSFAN1963 02-14-2012 03:02 PM

Looks like the texans agree.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...wn-in-houston/

akhhorus 02-14-2012 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaylen (Post 1429890)
AKH a high 3rd late 2nd for Yates really. I wasn't that impressed with him at all. Not sure he's gonna get that sorta grade when all the film work is done on him.

Schaub is a much better qb than he is.

a fool and his draft picks are soon parted lol. I think someone would be that dumb.

jaylen 02-14-2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akhhorus (Post 1429893)
a fool and his draft picks are soon parted lol. I think someone would be that dumb.

I hope not with the colors burgundy and gold with Kyle wandering around lol you never know.

Emmanouel8 02-14-2012 03:36 PM

I think I'm climbing way back on board to RGIII. I'll take him and the question marks I have with him any day over the crap rumors I'm hearing.

Sell the farm.

culpeper 02-14-2012 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emmanouel8 (Post 1429896)
I think I'm climbing way back on board to RGIII. I'll take him and the question marks I have with him any day over the crap rumors I'm hearing.

Sell the farm.

:awesomewo

It probably more like 5 cattle and all your chickens, but you'd still have the farm

Sidenote: McShay has your boy Osweiler graded as a late 1st early 2nd.

akhhorus 02-14-2012 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by culpeper (Post 1429897)
Sidenote: McShay has your boy Osweiler graded as a late 1st early 2nd.

Reason #9801981298130981309128023983098 why you shouldn't listen to what Mcsh*t for brains has to say.

Gravy 02-14-2012 03:46 PM

By the time the dust settles, i.e. combine, trades, free agency, and whatever else I am forgetting, we could be either really happy come draft day, or really pissed, or just really confused...I still don't trust Mike Shanahan and his QB IQ

BIGREDSKINSFAN1963 02-14-2012 04:23 PM

i think anybody that staked his reputation on rex and beck,needs to be locked up with long needles and heavy sedation!:giantsuk: