Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > the Cherokee Redskins Tribe

Smart money ~ ~ ~
Old 06-23-2003, 10:46 AM
kelly

Default Smart money ~ ~ ~

Smart money
For a decade, free agency has been very, very good for the NFL
Posted: Monday June 23, 2003 9:56 AM
Peter King / Monday Morning Quarterback / Sports Illustrated

~ ~ ~ The 10 Things I Think I Think

~ ~ 3. I think of all the interesting things they've done in the offseason, the one thing the Washington Redskins haven't done is acquire the pass-rusher they badly need. That is, unless you count Regan Upshaw, who has 15 sacks in the past four years.

:arrow: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/inside_game/peter_king/news/2003/06/23/mmqb/

Old 06-23-2003, 11:05 AM
Buck

I didn't like his #2

"2. I think the sleeping giants in this league this year might be the Giants."

But he's dead on with his #3 about the Skins.

Old 06-23-2003, 11:15 AM
Sagamore

I dont read his MMQB anymore. The guy is just a Skins hater.

Old 06-23-2003, 11:35 AM
Great Spirit

The Skins are one of many teams this year that don't have a proven star pass rusher. I think Arrington has show he can do that if he's asked to fill the role, but we don't know if that's what Edwards wants him doing.

Old 06-23-2003, 12:16 PM
Great Spirit

I still like King, despite the pretty obvious sentiment here against him. Face it, the media as a whole is anti-Skins and has been for the past few years. The only way we can fix that is to become a quality team again, instead of overspending on a lack of talent.

And frankly, I also think the Giants could be huge this year, so I don't see any problem with that statement of his.

Santana Moss
Colt Brennan
Anthony Montgomery
Fred Smoot

Old 06-23-2003, 02:53 PM
Shaman

New York Giants
SEP. 7 ST. LOUIS 1:00p
SEP. 15 DALLAS (Mon.) 9:00p
SEP. 21 at Washington 4:05p
SEP. 28 bye week
OCT. 5 MIAMI 1:00p
OCT. 12 at New England 1:00p
OCT. 19 PHILADELPHIA 1:00p
OCT. 26 at Minnesota 12:00p
NOV. 2 at New York Jets 1:00p
NOV. 9 ATLANTA 1:00p
NOV. 16 at Philadelphia 1:00p
NOV. 24 at Tampa Bay (Mon.) 9:00p
NOV. 30 BUFFALO 1:00p
DEC. 7 WASHINGTON 1:00p
DEC. 14 at New Orleans 7:30p
DEC. 21 at Dallas 12:00p
DEC. 28 CAROLINA 4:05p
There is the "Gint's" schedule
Here is a link to their strengeth of schedule rating.
http://www.coachbox.com/nfl/schedules/strength.htm

IMHO - knowing that Coach Fassel always has a great December, if the "Gints" are 7-5 going into the last four games they can "possibly" win the division.
Is it luck :?: :?: :?:

Old 06-23-2003, 03:12 PM
Runner

He calls the Giants possiblty a sleeper and at the beginning of the article he talks about how he grew up a giants fan. I think if I were writing an article I'd try to keep any bias out of it or at least not tell anyone.

On the Giants: a lot of people are picking them to be pretty good this year but I just don't see them putting in two good years in a row. I se them falling under .500

Old 06-23-2003, 03:40 PM
Spirit

I can buy the Giants being good this year. Not great, but good. Out of the four teams in the NFC East, 3 are in the top 6 and the Giants ring in at 12. It could be what they need to help them take the division or at least a wild card. I'd like to see us and Philly in the post season, but I won't count out the G-men just yet.

Old 06-23-2003, 04:22 PM
Brett A

How can a playoff team from the previous year be a sleeper.

Brett

Old 06-23-2003, 05:31 PM
Papoose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett A

now that's a good point i can understand calling Bengals sleeper (not that i think they are well maybe they are) because they were dead last, last year but how can you call the giants sleeper??? they made to playoffs last year and maybe more if not for that dumb ref!

Old 06-23-2003, 06:11 PM
hR Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oooooo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett A

now that's a good point i can understand calling Bengals sleeper (not that i think they are well maybe they are) because they were dead last, last year but how can you call the giants sleeper??? they made to playoffs last year and maybe more if not for that dumb ref!
Thats a lazy journalist at work. In stead of doing some work and looking at all 32 teams, why not just pick a playoff team who didn't really play that well to be your sleeper pick? What a copout.

Old 06-23-2003, 08:12 PM
hR Owner

I don't have anything nice to say.

Not that that has stopped me before from speaking my mind, but I'll lay off of this one.

Old 06-23-2003, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDaSchmoe
I still like King, despite the pretty obvious sentiment here against him. Face it, the media as a whole is anti-Skins and has been for the past few years. The only way we can fix that is to become a quality team again, instead of overspending on a lack of talent.

And frankly, I also think the Giants could be huge this year, so I don't see any problem with that statement of his.
thats true. the redskins are one of the most hated on teams in the league, by media and other football fans. i personally love the hatred! i just think that respect should be given when it is due (which sometimes in our case, it isnt). now the skins need to start earning the respect back....

i also think the giants can have a good year. before ya know it, they start out 3-5 and then go on a 7-1 run to end the season so who knows?!

~R.I.P Sean Taylor 1983-2007~

Old 06-23-2003, 08:23 PM
hR Owner

Peter King actually manages to say something nice in ref to the Redskins. In one of the letters someone writes that he is wrong about the old Soldier field. He responds by using RFK and says it was priceless.

Old 06-23-2003, 08:29 PM
hR Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyNRedskinsfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDaSchmoe

thats true. the redskins are one of the most hated on teams in the league, by media and other football fans. i personally love the hatred! i just think that respect should be given when it is due (which sometimes in our case, it isnt). now the skins need to start earning the respect back....

i also think the giants can have a good year. before ya know it, they start out 3-5 and then go on a 7-1 run to end the season so who knows?!
Lady, you hit the nail right on the head. No one is going to respect the Skins until they earn it. We need to beat teams that we shouldn't and quit losing to the teams that we should beat. So far the past couple of years the only team that we've been able to beat are the Rams. (that we were underdogs) Once we start beating the Eagles and Giants on a regular basis and win a couple of games against the other powers, the respect will return. Not like back when Gibbs was the coach, but it will get better.

Lets face it. As long as Snyder owns the team and Spurrier is the coach, we'll have a hard time getting respect from fans and the media.