Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hR General Discussion Forums > Choctaw hR Gaming Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

Anyone else pick up a Wii?
  #1  
Old 11-19-2006, 02:34 AM
Fathead's Avatar
Fathead Fathead is offline
Shaman
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: ???
Posts: 5,903
Default Anyone else pick up a Wii?

I like it so far.
__________________
Fire underachieving career killing grunts rendering our season successes meaningless and null.
Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old 11-19-2006, 02:45 AM
smoot's Avatar
smoot smoot is offline
Sagamore
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 6,753
Default

comes out today in raleigh, i have no intentions of picking it up though. im still very skeptical of the technology in it
Reply With Quote

  #3  
Old 11-19-2006, 07:35 AM
hail2skins's Avatar
hail2skins hail2skins is offline
hR Owner
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 34,053
Default

At least you'll get exercise with the Wii
Reply With Quote

  #4  
Old 11-19-2006, 09:06 AM
Carmelo's Avatar
Carmelo Carmelo is offline
Ghost Dancer
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: DC
Posts: 4,205
Default

i want to get one eventually for the library of old nintendo games. I also want to play zelda but it will be a while before I get anything new.
Reply With Quote

  #5  
Old 11-19-2006, 10:32 AM
whitskins's Avatar
whitskins whitskins is offline
Spirit
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 9,221
Default

I'd really like to try one of these but I don't want to drop the cash until I'm sold on the system. Maybe I'll get one after the price drops so I can play all the old games.
Reply With Quote

  #6  
Old 11-19-2006, 01:24 PM
skinfanatic's Avatar
skinfanatic skinfanatic is offline
Buck
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 814
Default

i thought the graphics are bad. i actually think that a ps2 is better than the wii. the only reason to get it is for the controler. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. i just dont see why people would get one
__________________
Now where did I put that panic button....
Reply With Quote

  #7  
Old 11-28-2006, 10:18 PM
PGiddy18's Avatar
PGiddy18 PGiddy18 is offline
Healer
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Body in Silver Spring MD, Heart in Philly
Posts: 3,519
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmelo
i want to get one eventually for the library of old nintendo games. I also want to play zelda but it will be a while before I get anything new.
My brother got the Wii and the Zelda game that goes with it. I'm still struggling with controling things, but he's a natural at it. He plays Zelda day and night... i still don't understand the point of the game.


We did box each other though... and i killed him. I give credit to the kickboxing classes I take, he can't get out of the way quick enough.
__________________




Faithful to a Fault


Reply With Quote

  #8  
Old 12-02-2006, 03:48 PM
bfauble83's Avatar
bfauble83 bfauble83 is offline
Shaman
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Wild, Wonderful West Virginia
Posts: 5,576
Default

I think I'm going to try to get one tomorrow...I wonder if i get to CC or Target 1 hour before they open if I'd be able to get one...I wouldn't want to wait any longer than that.
__________________
Reply With Quote

  #9  
Old 11-25-2006, 12:00 PM
X-Factor13's Avatar
X-Factor13 X-Factor13 is offline
Healer
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Topeka, Kansas
Posts: 3,158
Default

i've heard that they are really fun to play. i wanna get one for christmas
__________________
ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK!!!

#21
Reply With Quote

  #10  
Old 12-03-2006, 01:15 AM
shally's Avatar
shally shally is offline
Grumpy Old Man
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: new orleans, now the palm springs of washington
Posts: 59,155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathead
I like it so far.
my 11 year old son is starting to agitate for one..

why do i want him to have one ?

why do i tell him he cannot have one (besides the price)?
__________________
Reply With Quote

  #11  
Old 12-03-2006, 01:51 AM
Fathead's Avatar
Fathead Fathead is offline
Shaman
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: ???
Posts: 5,903
Default

You want him to have one because he'll use it, and so will you. Even an old geezer like you will find it easy to figure out and fun to do.




You don't want him to have it if he's not going to be careful swinging his arms around the front room, at least one idiot has already thrown the controller into the tv during play.
__________________
Fire underachieving career killing grunts rendering our season successes meaningless and null.
Reply With Quote

  #12  
Old 12-03-2006, 07:25 AM
bfauble83's Avatar
bfauble83 bfauble83 is offline
Shaman
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Wild, Wonderful West Virginia
Posts: 5,576
Default

Targets weekly ad said they would have them today. So I get to the Frederick MD store at 7:30, they open at 8:00. I'm 6th in line which seems weird, I thought there would be more people there than that. Anyway a woman comes out of the store at like 7:50 to let another employee in, and tells us that they don't have any wiis. When asked why the weekly ad said they would have them today, she claimed it was a 'misprint'. I didn't feel like waiting in line for 2 hours at Circuit City, so I guess I'll have to wait until they are either more widely available or I just get lucky and get to a store when they first release them. Target sucks.
__________________
Reply With Quote

  #13  
Old 12-03-2006, 09:50 AM
shally's Avatar
shally shally is offline
Grumpy Old Man
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: new orleans, now the palm springs of washington
Posts: 59,155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfauble83
Targets weekly ad said they would have them today. So I get to the Frederick MD store at 7:30, they open at 8:00. I'm 6th in line which seems weird, I thought there would be more people there than that. Anyway a woman comes out of the store at like 7:50 to let another employee in, and tells us that they don't have any wiis. When asked why the weekly ad said they would have them today, she claimed it was a 'misprint'. I didn't feel like waiting in line for 2 hours at Circuit City, so I guess I'll have to wait until they are either more widely available or I just get lucky and get to a store when they first release them. Target sucks.
here is what i think you should do.. i would write a respectfully worded letter to the chairman of the board of target co. and send it to them.. i bet you get something back along with an apology.. i have done that any number of times and almost inevitably i get back some kind of gift certificate or recognition.. the trick is to be respectful about it. if you come off as some kind of jerk they are going to throw it away.
target is a really solid company with a good public image. we shop there a lot for that reason.. let me know what happens.. feel free to PM me if you wish
__________________
Reply With Quote

  #14  
Old 12-03-2006, 10:24 AM
bfauble83's Avatar
bfauble83 bfauble83 is offline
Shaman
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Wild, Wonderful West Virginia
Posts: 5,576
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shally
here is what i think you should do.. i would write a respectfully worded letter to the chairman of the board of target co. and send it to them.. i bet you get something back along with an apology.. i have done that any number of times and almost inevitably i get back some kind of gift certificate or recognition.. the trick is to be respectful about it. if you come off as some kind of jerk they are going to throw it away.
target is a really solid company with a good public image. we shop there a lot for that reason.. let me know what happens.. feel free to PM me if you wish

Not sure how to contact the chairman of the board, but I did send an email on their website. I don't see why they couldn't give us rainchecks, its not like there were 50 people out there, there were only like 8 of us waiting.
__________________
Reply With Quote

  #15  
Old 12-03-2006, 09:46 AM
shally's Avatar
shally shally is offline
Grumpy Old Man
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: new orleans, now the palm springs of washington
Posts: 59,155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathead
You want him to have one because he'll use it, and so will you. Even an old geezer like you will find it easy to figure out and fun to do.




You don't want him to have it if he's not going to be careful swinging his arms around the front room, at least one idiot has already thrown the controller into the tv during play.
thank you kindly.. and, sadly, i think you are overestimating my capabilities..
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:53 PM.


vBulletin skin developed by: eXtremepixels
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
| Home | Register | FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Today's Posts | Search | New Posts |