Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hR General Discussion Forums > Choctaw hR Gaming Forum

Anyone else pick up a Wii?
Old 11-19-2006, 02:34 AM
Shaman

Default Anyone else pick up a Wii?

I like it so far.

Old 11-19-2006, 02:45 AM
Sagamore

comes out today in raleigh, i have no intentions of picking it up though. im still very skeptical of the technology in it

Old 11-19-2006, 07:35 AM
hR Owner

At least you'll get exercise with the Wii

Old 11-19-2006, 09:06 AM
Ghost Dancer

i want to get one eventually for the library of old nintendo games. I also want to play zelda but it will be a while before I get anything new.

Old 11-19-2006, 10:32 AM
Spirit

I'd really like to try one of these but I don't want to drop the cash until I'm sold on the system. Maybe I'll get one after the price drops so I can play all the old games.

Old 11-19-2006, 01:24 PM
Buck

i thought the graphics are bad. i actually think that a ps2 is better than the wii. the only reason to get it is for the controler. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. i just dont see why people would get one

Old 11-28-2006, 10:18 PM
Healer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmelo
i want to get one eventually for the library of old nintendo games. I also want to play zelda but it will be a while before I get anything new.
My brother got the Wii and the Zelda game that goes with it. I'm still struggling with controling things, but he's a natural at it. He plays Zelda day and night... i still don't understand the point of the game.

We did box each other though... and i killed him. I give credit to the kickboxing classes I take, he can't get out of the way quick enough.

Faithful to a Fault

Old 12-02-2006, 03:48 PM
Shaman

I think I'm going to try to get one tomorrow...I wonder if i get to CC or Target 1 hour before they open if I'd be able to get one...I wouldn't want to wait any longer than that.

Old 11-25-2006, 12:00 PM
Healer

i've heard that they are really fun to play. i wanna get one for christmas

Old 12-03-2006, 01:15 AM
Grumpy Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathead
I like it so far.
my 11 year old son is starting to agitate for one..

why do i want him to have one ?

why do i tell him he cannot have one (besides the price)?

Old 12-03-2006, 01:51 AM
Shaman

You want him to have one because he'll use it, and so will you. Even an old geezer like you will find it easy to figure out and fun to do.

You don't want him to have it if he's not going to be careful swinging his arms around the front room, at least one idiot has already thrown the controller into the tv during play.

Old 12-03-2006, 07:25 AM
Shaman

Targets weekly ad said they would have them today. So I get to the Frederick MD store at 7:30, they open at 8:00. I'm 6th in line which seems weird, I thought there would be more people there than that. Anyway a woman comes out of the store at like 7:50 to let another employee in, and tells us that they don't have any wiis. When asked why the weekly ad said they would have them today, she claimed it was a 'misprint'. I didn't feel like waiting in line for 2 hours at Circuit City, so I guess I'll have to wait until they are either more widely available or I just get lucky and get to a store when they first release them. Target sucks.

Old 12-03-2006, 09:50 AM
Grumpy Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfauble83
Targets weekly ad said they would have them today. So I get to the Frederick MD store at 7:30, they open at 8:00. I'm 6th in line which seems weird, I thought there would be more people there than that. Anyway a woman comes out of the store at like 7:50 to let another employee in, and tells us that they don't have any wiis. When asked why the weekly ad said they would have them today, she claimed it was a 'misprint'. I didn't feel like waiting in line for 2 hours at Circuit City, so I guess I'll have to wait until they are either more widely available or I just get lucky and get to a store when they first release them. Target sucks.
here is what i think you should do.. i would write a respectfully worded letter to the chairman of the board of target co. and send it to them.. i bet you get something back along with an apology.. i have done that any number of times and almost inevitably i get back some kind of gift certificate or recognition.. the trick is to be respectful about it. if you come off as some kind of jerk they are going to throw it away.
target is a really solid company with a good public image. we shop there a lot for that reason.. let me know what happens.. feel free to PM me if you wish

Old 12-03-2006, 10:24 AM
Shaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by shally
here is what i think you should do.. i would write a respectfully worded letter to the chairman of the board of target co. and send it to them.. i bet you get something back along with an apology.. i have done that any number of times and almost inevitably i get back some kind of gift certificate or recognition.. the trick is to be respectful about it. if you come off as some kind of jerk they are going to throw it away.
target is a really solid company with a good public image. we shop there a lot for that reason.. let me know what happens.. feel free to PM me if you wish

Not sure how to contact the chairman of the board, but I did send an email on their website. I don't see why they couldn't give us rainchecks, its not like there were 50 people out there, there were only like 8 of us waiting.

Old 12-03-2006, 09:46 AM
Grumpy Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathead
You want him to have one because he'll use it, and so will you. Even an old geezer like you will find it easy to figure out and fun to do.

You don't want him to have it if he's not going to be careful swinging his arms around the front room, at least one idiot has already thrown the controller into the tv during play.
thank you kindly.. and, sadly, i think you are overestimating my capabilities..