Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > the Cherokee Redskins Tribe

Akh's Thoughts: Offseason tracks
Old 02-08-2010, 01:31 PM
hR Staff Writer

Default Akh's Thoughts: Offseason tracks

Link

Guff on!

Old 02-08-2010, 01:38 PM
Chief

i agree with a lot of what you say,but getting chris long from the rams is gonna cost more than andre carter.i thought that kitna signed a 2 year deal with dallas?

Forgiveness is the fragrance the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it."
—Mark Twain

“If you want to walk the heavenly streets of gold, you gotta know the password, “Roll, Tide, Roll!”

Paul"Bear"Bryant

Old 02-08-2010, 01:40 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGREDSKINSFAN1963 View Post
i agree with a lot of what you say,but getting chris long from the rams is gonna cost more than andre carter.i thought that kitna signed a 2 year deal with dallas?
He signed a 4 year deal but he looks like an ideal salary purge candidate. If he's still with Dallas, then that will change to Rex Grossman or Pennington as the caddy for Bradford.

Old 02-08-2010, 01:45 PM
Chief

i'd take pennington over grossman any day.what about the ram deal for chris long?we both know that's gonna cost more.
and i would never,ever,ever sign jason taylor to anything!i would go with sean merriman first!

Forgiveness is the fragrance the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it."
—Mark Twain

“If you want to walk the heavenly streets of gold, you gotta know the password, “Roll, Tide, Roll!”

Paul"Bear"Bryant

Last edited by BIGREDSKINSFAN1963 : 02-08-2010 at 01:51 PM.

Old 02-08-2010, 01:57 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
i'd take pennington over grossman any day.what about the ram deal for chris long?we both know that's gonna cost more.
The Rams would love to dump the remaining 40ish million of his deal, especially if they were getting a 4-3 DE back in the deal.

Quote:
and i would never,ever,ever sign jason taylor to anything!i would go with sean merriman first!
I wouldn't touch Merriman with a ten foot pole. He hasn't been the same since he entered the NFL drug testing program.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurgundyNGold View Post
Pennington, yes. Grossman...

Kyle Shanahan and LaFleur had him in Houston, if they think he has some value as a tackling dummy, I have no problem with that.

Old 02-08-2010, 01:58 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhhorus View Post
The Rams would love to dump the remaining 40ish million of his deal, especially if they were getting a 4-3 DE back in the deal.

I wouldn't touch Merriman with a ten foot pole. He hasn't been the same since he entered the NFL drug testing program.

Kyle Shanahan and LaFleur had him in Houston, if they think he has some value as a tackling dummy, I have no problem with that.
As a 3rd QB, maybe. But Grossman shouldn't see the field to fix divots or to put down yard stripes.
The one disappointment of the off-season housecleaning that brought Allen and Shanahan here is that they didn't part ways with Larry Michael as well. He is a prominent and unavoidable symbol of the horrible way Snyder and Cerrator ran this team in the past. Moving on to a new era of Redskins football, on and off the field, should have meant severing ties with him as well.

Old 02-08-2010, 01:53 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
He signed a 4 year deal but he looks like an ideal salary purge candidate. If he's still with Dallas, then that will change to Rex Grossman or Pennington as the caddy for Bradford.
Pennington, yes. Grossman...

The one disappointment of the off-season housecleaning that brought Allen and Shanahan here is that they didn't part ways with Larry Michael as well. He is a prominent and unavoidable symbol of the horrible way Snyder and Cerrator ran this team in the past. Moving on to a new era of Redskins football, on and off the field, should have meant severing ties with him as well.

Last edited by BurgundyNGold : 02-08-2010 at 01:59 PM.

Old 02-08-2010, 02:01 PM
Grumpy Old Man

some good thoughts

i disagree about Dockery going.. he is young, and somewhat mobile.
only if we sign/trade for 2 guards,is he gone

think about Neal, who is UFA but still productive

think about guys like Boothe and Whimper who are RFA's but whom the Giants dont have room to keep and will likely cut, eventually

Bushrod = Levi Jones.. he needs help against EVERY speed rusher he faces..at LT we need a guy who can hold the edge himself

think about Jamal Brown coming off of hernia surgery.. if the Saints want to move someone, that would be the guy i target

speaking of Levi Jones, any consideration of his is purely as a RT, if he is looking to play LT, forget it..

think of Darren Sharper if the Saints are slow to sign him.. move Landry to SS and let Sharper play FS.. or pair Sharper with Horton and move Landry for what we can get.

Rocky wont go anywhere because he is versatile

I dont think McKenzie has anything left

Chester Taylor just makes so much sense i cannot see the offseason without him

Ugoh ?? riding the bench in favor of a FA ? he is going to want huge money for dubious performance ?? by the way, did you see how stout the middle of the INDY O line was ? all the pressure came from the edges

Adelus Thomas has immense talent, but been allowed to leave 2 teams. i dont know if he can be counted on as far as form the neck up

Rogers will stay or go depending upon how much he expects.. would take Robinson over him in a heartbeat, but not sure if Dunta will be available

why does GB want Landry over Collins ? i dont see that at all

i dont think that the Rams will be that active, but where they get their QB from will determine what the course is of their off season.. and how much do they think that Suh is a player for the ages.. you think Spags lets them pass on Suh if he thinks he is THAT good ? then again, Long and Carrecker have certainly proved that there are NO sure things at DL

the Saints have something like 20 free agents and coming off a SB win, the demands will be over the top.. look for them to pare players and go as young as they can..a lot of their RFA's wont be tendered, i would guess

i believe they might just keep A Carter as the "designated" pass rusher using him like Chales Haley and NOT giving him pass coverage responsibilities.. in that sense, the defense is a "4/3" when he is in, but he gets moved around and dropped back into a 2 point stance some times..

Kitna ?? maybe.. Sage, if available might make more sense because he has some mobility.. still, i think Pennington might end up being the guy, even though he lacks mobility and is injury prone.. just a hunch

Old 02-08-2010, 02:14 PM
hR Staff Writer

Okay, I can't possibly respond to everything in your post shally, but our disagreements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shally View Post
i disagree about Dockery going.. he is young, and somewhat mobile.
only if we sign/trade for 2 guards,is he gone
He's a bad fit for the Shanny offense and has a big deal. He's almost certainly gone.

Quote:
Bushrod = Levi Jones.. he needs help against EVERY speed rusher he faces..at LT we need a guy who can hold the edge himself

think about Jamal Brown coming off of hernia surgery.. if the Saints want to move someone, that would be the guy i target
They're not going to give up Brown unless we give up the #4 pick, I'll take Bushrod, even if we move him to RT and draft someone like Fox or Brown to play LT.

Quote:
Rocky wont go anywhere because he is versatile
I doubt it. He's going to want a long term commitment which I doubt the skins give to him.

Quote:
Ugoh ?? riding the bench in favor of a FA ? he is going to want huge money for dubious performance ?? by the way, did you see how stout the middle of the INDY O line was ? all the pressure came from the edges
Ugoh won't get huge money, and his price will be cheap. I'd take him as a RT.

Quote:
why does GB want Landry over Collins ? i dont see that at all
They can pay Landry 3 year, 17-21 million-ish or pay Collins market value(5/40 probably).

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurgundyNGold View Post
That's not my criteria in a backup QB.

Grossman is a fat chick who smells of pork rinds that you take to prom because you were too busy Spicoli-ing it up in a van for 2 months and waited until the day-of to ask someone. In other words, it's something that Vinny would do lmao.
Vinny would have dealt for Grossman the day before he became a free agent lol.

I would want Pennington, I'll settle for Kitna or Kerry Collins

Old 02-08-2010, 02:25 PM
Grumpy Old Man

Quote:
Okay, I can't possibly respond to everything in your post shally, but our disagreements

He's a bad fit for the Shanny offense and has a big deal. He's almost certainly gone.

They're not going to give up Brown unless we give up the #4 pick, I'll take Bushrod, even if we move him to RT and draft someone like Fox or Brown to play LT.

I doubt it. He's going to want a long term commitment which I doubt the skins give to him.

Ugoh won't get huge money, and his price will be cheap. I'd take him as a RT.

They can pay Landry 3 year, 17-21 million-ish or pay Collins market value(5/40 probably).

Vinny would have dealt for Grossman the day before he became a free agent lol.

i could easily live with Kerry Collins.. the only concern is if he is starting to break down physically

Collins at market value versus Landry for cheaper is still a no brainer..Collins can cover

if Ugoh is at bargain rate, he goes to the top of the list.. i dont htink he will go cheaply

the Saints have to decide which LT they keep because there isnt room for both Brown or Bushrod.. i would take Bushrod for RT, but he wont take that deal unless he is being paid like a left tackle, regardless of his performance

regardless of his contract, Dockery is the only player from the line worth keeping as a holdover. he is young and never misses a game.. as long as we only sign one guard, he will stay.. if we sign two, then obviously he is gone.
my guess is that he gets moved after this year in favor of Rinehart/EWilliams/ or whomever we draft or sign at the end of the draft.
finding a LEFT Guard is a whole lot easier than finding a Right Guard

Rocky has never done anything to deserve a long term deal.. he gets tendered for a year because no one else wants him long term. but he can play outside or inside, and plays the run decently

Old 02-08-2010, 10:35 PM
Firebuilder

now way all 5 o-line men are replaced its just not going to happen. I like some of this but it reeks of old skins move which most of us have blasted.....You have like 17 starters gone idk if a team ever has done that

Old 02-08-2010, 02:30 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
I agree with this assessment. If we end up with Grossman, my general impression would be because that was the only chair left when the music stopped. I don't get the impression that will happen with the current FO.

Good work on your article, BTW. Very well researched and a good target plan --even if not plausible in its entirely.

Old 02-08-2010, 02:55 PM
Buck

Quote:
Link

Guff on!
Great job as always, I needed something to take my attention away from work.

Why do you see the Rams so interested in getting rid of Chris Long after such a short time?

Old 02-08-2010, 02:57 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins4life24 View Post
Great job as always, I needed something to take my attention away from work.

Why do you see the Rams so interested in getting rid of Chris Long after such a short time?
Thanks.
As for why:
1. The Rams are being sold soon, Long has one of the biggest contracts on the team.
2. Spags doesn't seem to like him, apparently they're already quietly fielding offers for him
3. The fans expected a ton from him(and have been disappointed), they are bleeding fans at their stadium already since they've won 3 games in the last 2 years.

Old 02-08-2010, 03:06 PM
Buck

Quote:
Thanks.
As for why:
1. The Rams are being sold soon, Long has one of the biggest contracts on the team.
2. Spags doesn't seem to like him, apparently they're already quietly fielding offers for him
3. The fans expected a ton from him(and have been disappointed), they are bleeding fans at their stadium already since they've won 3 games in the last 2 years.
Good info, the way I see it there loss is our gain. I still think Long could be a great player especially in a 3-4 that turned him into a top pick in college.