Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hR General Sports Fan Forums > Sioux General Sports Tribe

Closed Thread

Footie 2011/2012 Thread...
Old 08-09-2011, 10:30 AM
Chief Moderator

Default Footie 2011/2012 Thread...

With the EPL starting up this weekend, its probably a good time to get the 11/12 thread started. Over 1,700 posts in last year's thread. Keep up the great conversations!

Old 08-09-2011, 10:48 AM
Chief Moderator

Assuming the game isn't cancelled due to riots...Liverpool hosts Sunderland this Saturday.

Suarez is fully rested from COPA and Carroll has been lights out in the preseason. I look forward to seeing what Liverpool looks like with (2) talented and healthy strikers.

Gerrard is out for the rest of this month due to complications with his groin surgery. This is A-OK, as the club did just fine without him late into the past season. This will allow Charlie Adam and Lucas to defend and distribute and allow Aquaman to use his creativity to help give Suarez/Carroll/kuyt some scoring chances.

Can't wait to see what Downing can do in games that actually count. We haven't had the ability to spread wide in ages. Henderson will likely come off the bench to play wide as well...considering they are facing his former club.

Prediction: Liverpool 3 (Carroll, Adam, Suarez) - Sunderland 1 (Gyan)

Old 08-09-2011, 11:07 AM
Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_stouty View Post
Assuming the game isn't cancelled due to riots...Liverpool hosts Sunderland this Saturday.

Suarez is fully rested from COPA and Carroll has been lights out in the preseason. I look forward to seeing what Liverpool looks like with (2) talented and healthy strikers.

Gerrard is out for the rest of this month due to complications with his groin surgery. This is A-OK, as the club did just fine without him late into the past season. This will allow Charlie Adam and Lucas to defend and distribute and allow Aquaman to use his creativity to help give Suarez/Carroll/kuyt some scoring chances.

Can't wait to see what Downing can do in games that actually count. We haven't had the ability to spread wide in ages. Henderson will likely come off the bench to play wide as well...considering they are facing his former club.

Prediction: Liverpool 3 (Carroll, Adam, Suarez) - Sunderland 1 (Gyan)
Should be a good one as Liverpool need a hot start. I think that's the best thing that could have happened to Gerrard as there is now more depth in the midfield and potentially having him fit later on in the year is crucial. If this go well with him out I'd actually try hold him out until he's absolutely 100%. You can't afford to have the thing flare up again in the spring.

As for United I really hope Cleverley gets the start on Sunday but I doubt it. Carrick looks finished and as much as Anderson has talent, everytime you look in his eyes all you see is the other side of the pitch. Football IQ of a pickle jar.

Old 08-09-2011, 12:01 PM
Chief Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCountry View Post
As for United I really hope Cleverley gets the start on Sunday but I doubt it. Carrick looks finished and as much as Anderson has talent, everytime you look in his eyes all you see is the other side of the pitch. Football IQ of a pickle jar.
Cleverley looked great in the Community Shield...and he got the call up for tomorrow's NT friendly against the Dutch until the game was cancelled. Looks like a keeper...

Old 08-09-2011, 01:38 PM
hR Staff Writer

Multiple reports in Italy are saying that Etoo is being sold to Russia(with etoo's agreement) and Sneijder is headed to Man U. I feel sorry for Gasparini.

EDIT: Etoo's agent confirms. The transfer fee will be staggering.

Last edited by akhhorus : 08-09-2011 at 01:58 PM.

Old 08-09-2011, 02:41 PM
Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhhorus View Post
Multiple reports in Italy are saying that Etoo is being sold to Russia(with etoo's agreement) and Sneijder is headed to Man U. I feel sorry for Gasparini.

EDIT: Etoo's agent confirms. The transfer fee will be staggering.
Back to pre scandal Inter maybe? I found them a lot more likeable.

Old 08-09-2011, 02:45 PM
Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_stouty View Post
Cleverley looked great in the Community Shield...and he got the call up for tomorrow's NT friendly against the Dutch until the game was cancelled. Looks like a keeper...
It would be great to finally see the academy producing again. The FFP rules could be an advantage for clubs like United and Liverpool if they can continue to develope young talent.