Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > Mohican Draft Tribe

DFA: Final 2012 mock
Old 04-24-2012, 11:48 AM
hR Staff Writer

Default DFA: Final 2012 mock

Link

Guff on!

Rest of the skins’ picks:
3rd: The skins trade this pick with next year’s 3rd and Santana Moss to San Fran for Michael Crabtree. The skins need a real deep strike guy to go with RG3 and Crabtree is on his way out in San Fran with the money invested into Moss/Manningham. Moss(Santana) can redo his deal there and be a real slot guy not asked to carry an passing game.
4th: Jamell Flemming CB Oklahoma. A stock 5-11 4.4 40 CB with slick cover skills. Got torched by top QB/WRs though.
4th: Nick Jean-Baptiste NT Baylor. The skins need someone to hold the point during run games.
5th: Ronnie Hillman RB SDSU. Productive but probably disappeared against good defenses. He has “RB by committee body” written all over him.
6th: James Hanna TE Oklahoma. Project, but with some major tools. Not a good blocker.
7th: Josh Leribeus OG SMU. ZBS OG project.

Old 04-24-2012, 12:29 PM
Sentinel

WOW! I've gone crossed eyed...there was like 19 trades in your mock with St. Louis picking up everyone and their mother. Fun stuff! Your idea of trading with San Fran...is not at all crazy. I believe Shanny will draft a WR and RB...why not trade for one...good stuff, man.

Old 04-24-2012, 12:33 PM
Grumpy Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhhorus View Post
Link

Guff on!

3rd: The skins trade this pick with next year’s 3rd and Santana Moss to San Fran for Michael Crabtree. The skins need a real deep strike guy to go with RG3 and Crabtree is on his way out in San Fran with the money invested into Moss/Manningham. Moss(Santana) can redo his deal there and be a real slot guy not asked to carry an passing game.
4th: Jamell Flemming CB Oklahoma. A stock 5-11 4.4 40 CB with slick cover skills. Got torched by top QB/WRs though.
4th: Nick Jean-Baptiste NT Baylor. The skins need someone to hold the point during run games.
5th: Ronnie Hillman RB SDSU. Productive but probably disappeared against good defenses. He has “RB by committee body” written all over him.
6th: James Hanna TE Oklahoma. Project, but with some major tools. Not a good blocker.
none of the above..lol.. except for RGIII obviously...

Occam's razor-- we will take guys who impressed Shanahan at Senior Bowl, IF they are available when we pick

I do think we will trade down in the 3rd round unless there is a CB that Shanahan really wants when we pick

I DONT think we will take a DL at all in the draft

We will take a RB, and I could easily see Shanahan making it the 3rd rounder if he thinks there is one guy he thinks stands out.. The fact that we have made NO effort to re-sign Hightower tells me we will be drafting a RB earlier, rather than later

My guess is that we end up taking only 1 OL player because I think Shanahan actually is delusional enough to believe the O line will be fine with what we have, plus 1 more draft pick

So we end up drafting CB, S, OL, TE, RB, ILB overall, but not in that order...

Old 04-24-2012, 01:04 PM
Code Talker

with the cowboys pick it would be Barron.

as for the crabtree trade, isnt he still on his rookie deal and wont he be looking for a new contract pretty soon.

if you need a WR why not just draft him with that pick instead.

In Loving Memory, Natalie Paige Ezeanya
7.6.1991-1.2.2008

God watch over you and your loved ones. i think it is a wonderful thing that you do to honor your baby's memory. thank you for allowing me to share a little bit of love for her as well.
-Anonymous

Old 04-24-2012, 01:07 PM
Grumpy Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by esmith1790 View Post

as for the crabtree trade, isnt he still on his rookie deal and wont he be looking for a new contract pretty soon.

that is exactly what I think they will do.. we will draft a WR.. the advantage of Crabtree is that he has already gotten through the rookie learning curve process and would provide RGIII with an experienced receiver right from the start.. but i do not think that is what will happen

Old 04-24-2012, 01:14 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
WOW! I've gone crossed eyed...there was like 19 trades in your mock with St. Louis picking up everyone and their mother. Fun stuff! Your idea of trading with San Fran...is not at all crazy. I believe Shanny will draft a WR and RB...why not trade for one...good stuff, man.
Thanks man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shally View Post

Occam's razor-- we will take guys who impressed Shanahan at Senior Bowl, IF they are available when we pick
Maybe, maybe not.

Quote:
I do think we will trade down in the 3rd round unless there is a CB that Shanahan really wants when we pick
With Paul supposedly moving to TE and Gaffney moving to somewhere else, I suspect that the 3rd rounder will be a WR--either in draft or trade. Crabtree is a possibility, or another vet.

Quote:
I wouldn't count out the possibility.

Quote:
My guess is that we end up taking only 1 OL player because I think Shanahan actually is delusional enough to believe the O line will be fine with what we have, plus 1 more draft pick
Agreed.

Quote:
That was my initial thought, but I think that Kirkpatrick makes more sense right now.

Quote:
It's up in 2013.

Quote:
That would be simpler, but there might be a guy worth that pick then.

Old 04-24-2012, 01:25 PM
Code Talker

Quote:
Thanks man.

That was my initial thought, but I think that Kirkpatrick makes more sense right now.

It's up in 2013.

That would be simpler, but there might be a guy worth that pick then.
Always apprecaite u taking the time to do these drafts and i not even a skins fan.

With us just signing Scandrick and Carr to big contracts and Jenkins in the fold, Kirkpatrick would be our 4th CB starting out. Barron would be a day 1 starter.

I think the perception of the skins spending big money at the WR spot, then franchising Davis( big long term contract or big FA pick up or high draft pick to replace him) that is going to be alot of money tied up in the WR spot. Then having Crabtree wanting a new deal in 2013/2014 is something the skins dont want to get into.

In Loving Memory, Natalie Paige Ezeanya
7.6.1991-1.2.2008

God watch over you and your loved ones. i think it is a wonderful thing that you do to honor your baby's memory. thank you for allowing me to share a little bit of love for her as well.
-Anonymous

Old 04-25-2012, 10:00 AM
Brave

Quote:

We will take a RB, and I could easily see Shanahan making it the 3rd rounder if he thinks there is one guy he thinks stands out.. The fact that we have made NO effort to re-sign Hightower tells me we will be drafting a RB earlier, rather than later

So we end up drafting CB, S, OL, TE, RB, ILB overall, but not in that order...
agree with you shally, i read the redskins had robert turbin in for a vist could be the rb we draft,also in the 5th round how about terrance ganaway the rb from baylor,sure rg3 would like that

Old 04-25-2012, 10:15 AM
Grumpy Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by warpaint View Post
agree with you shally, i read the redskins had robert turbin in for a vist could be the rb we draft,also in the 5th round how about terrance ganaway the rb from baylor,sure rg3 would like that
i really like Gannaway.. he is bigger than anyone we have on the roster.. much like Torain in size.. Also, he has really good straight line speed, so if he pops into the secondary clean, he can take it a long way

but overall, there are quite a few backs I would like as a Redskin pick.. I just cannot see Shanahan failing to add another offensive threat

Old 04-25-2012, 01:43 PM
Papoose

I will give it a shot:

3rd: Mitchell Schwartz OT
4th: Alfonzoe Dennard CB
4th: Tony Bergstrom OG
5th: Nick Jean-Baptiste, NT
6th: Vontaze Burfict ILB
7th: Tauren Pool, RB

Old 04-25-2012, 03:02 PM
Medicine Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrympscampi View Post
I will give it a shot:

3rd: Mitchell Schwartz OT
4th: Alfonzoe Dennard CB
4th: Tony Bergstrom OG
5th: Nick Jean-Baptiste, NT
6th: Vontaze Burfict ILB
7th: Tauren Pool, RB
I get the feeling we only take 1 OL, a guard. I think Shanny is content with what we have at OT. You can keep Burfict.

Old 04-24-2012, 04:27 PM
Healer

Quote:
Link

Guff on!

So are we just set at OL, or are there no real prospects available between Rounds 3-6? Looks like we are okay at DL, LB with the need for a CB. Would love to see us load up at OL, TE & WR positions.

Not really crazy about Crabtree. He was a beast in college, but hasn't he been plagued by injuries in the pros?

Old 04-24-2012, 04:47 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan36 View Post
Nice job akh. Could see a lot of those trades going Down. The Crabtree trade is interesting but I can't stand him and he doesn't seem like a shanny guy with him barely attending and practicing at training camps every yr. would rather draft a wr like Hilton/Rainey/toon/broyles
I don't think Shanny can resist if the 49ers came calling for that deal. Or if a team was offering around a vet WR for that 3rd like Darrius Heyward-Bey, James Jones or Mike Williams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinSkin View Post
So are we just set at OL, or are there no real prospects available between Rounds 3-6? Looks like we are okay at DL, LB with the need for a CB. Would love to see us load up at OL, TE & WR positions.
No and Yes. I just don't think that Shanny will commit much to the Oline in the draft...again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinSkin View Post
Not really crazy about Crabtree. He was a beast in college, but hasn't he been plagued by injuries in the pros?
He's made 19 starts in the last 2 seasons. I think he needs a change of scenery. He's never really fit into any offense that the 49ers have run and I think that his skill set will translate better with RG3 then with Smith et al in Cali.

Old 04-25-2012, 07:16 AM
Code Talker

Quote:
Link

Guff on!

This is two picks and one player for only one player in return. This is the type of trades that have so depleted our depth and talent over the years. This is definatly not " money ball footbal managment ". It would be another bone headed trade in line with the 3rd and 4th we traded for the unproductive Brandon Lloyd several years ago. dumb dumb dumb

Old 04-25-2012, 07:22 AM
Code Talker

NFL.com did a 7 round mock and appears to have some of our picks figured out.

1. RG3
3. Donald Stephenson OT from Oklahoma
4. Chris Polk RB Washington
4. Omar Bolden CB, Arizona State
5. Antonio Allen SS, South Carolina
6. Aaron Corp QB, Richmond
7 Desmond Wynn, OG Rutgers

Other than the QB from Richmond , most of these picks would make sense