Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hR Archives and Help Desk > Archive Forum

Old 08-03-2008, 10:14 PM
Shaman

Heyer might be a better right tackle. But its 1 game I need to see how the preseason goes.

Old 08-03-2008, 10:19 PM
Medicine Man

I think I was most dissapointed with tryon and schweigert. A couple of the backup lb's need some work.

Old 08-03-2008, 10:22 PM
Shaman

I'm not disappointed per se with anyone. I mean considering how many people were out its just great that we looked prepared.

Old 08-03-2008, 10:29 PM
Grumpy Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasSkinsFan View Post
I think I was most dissapointed with tryon and schweigert. A couple of the backup lb's need some work.
tryon and richardson may battle for the final spot at cb...and we have yet to see moore..

schweigert adds nothing over fox.. and that is just pathetic

Old 08-03-2008, 10:41 PM
Shaman

overall good game

lets remember this is just the first outa many preseason games, so lets not get too high on someone and too low on someone also
RIP #21

Old 08-03-2008, 10:44 PM
Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMALILTEAPOT View Post
overall good game

lets remember this is just the first outa many preseason games, so lets not get too high on someone and too low on someone also
I think that's a good point. I'm going to remember that thinking about Tryon going into the next game.

Old 08-03-2008, 11:06 PM
Healer

I think the guy that had the best game was Vinny Cerrato.

I mean, Thomas and Kelly haven't even played yet and this feels like a more productive draft than any I can remember. If Horton, Davis, Brooks and Reinhart turn into players -- wow.

Old 08-03-2008, 11:32 PM
Spirit

Not to get all mushy or anything - but Zorn looked good out there. Since we have had the Osaka effect before I won't go further...

My prediction is this team will be better coached than last season. If for no other reason than a singularity of concept and focus.

Old 08-03-2008, 11:38 PM
Healer

Quote:
Originally Posted by colkurtz View Post
My prediction is this team will be better coached than last season. If for no other reason than a singularity of concept and focus.
The QBs alone would prove that point. Zorn was just the guy that Campbell needed right now for his career to blossom.

Old 08-03-2008, 11:54 PM
Sachem

Joining the party a little late...

Colt is amazing. Collins is third string, no question.

Mason is awesome, but I still like Rock for teams. My feeling is get some depth on D in return for Betts. He's a good player but we don't need him as much as we need other things right now.

Horton. Love to see my Bruins doing well. Hopefully we can see him against some real players next week.

Jason. 5/5, looking good. And that was against a real defense. Like Slobber said, if Zorn succeeds in nothing else he'll be worth it just in terms of what he can do with our young QBs.

The D looked sloppy, but a ton of starters weren't playing so I'm not worried yet. Can't wait to see the DEs in action.

Suisham's miss has me a little concerned, but it's still just one miss. We'll see I guess.

Overall, I would have been very disapointed if we didn't win this one. Not that it counts for anything, but with the amount of money Peyton makes, Indy should have some of the worst 3rd stringers in the league. Good team to start against.

Old 08-03-2008, 11:57 PM
Shaman

I got to give zorn the game ball. His offense looked well prepared at all times. They actually seemed to be able to execute a new system half decently, even the scrubs. Minimal penalties for first pre-season game. The qbs seemed to have learned the system and even though todd collins was bad he could have been worse. We had no interceptions. And no problems with the process of calling the game. Also we closed our drives and got into the endzone.

Old 08-04-2008, 12:00 AM
Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by colkurtz View Post
Not to get all mushy or anything - but Zorn looked good out there. Since we have had the Osaka effect before I won't go further...

Osaka for me is different. In that game, Spurrier was calling trick plays, bombs, etc. and really going with the whole playbook. Tonight was a very well balanced offensive game plan. Great play call to ARE on the TD, but generally we relied heavily on the TE's and backs. I would say a good example of how our run oriented WC offense will run.

Old 08-04-2008, 12:06 AM
Medicine Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaylen View Post
Heyer got beat once but Collins holding the ball didn't help that 2nd play with the fumble. I think he'll be fine.

Collins can only function it seems in Al's offense. He's been institutionalized. like Hadley from Shawshank. lol
I thought Collins was holding on to the ball too long. Not sure if the receivers were getting open or what.

Deeds, not Words

Old 08-04-2008, 12:10 AM
Medicine Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhhorus View Post
Yeah, I'll have it up tomorrow.

Heyer looked totally lost against speed. He's got tools, but it looks like the league knows this weakness. He'd be a good guard imo.
I remember you and I getting in a nice debate last year about Heyer. I'm starting to think he would make a decent guard, although I don't know if he has the quickness to pull out when necessary. I also think he is a better RT because he doesn't do well against the speed rushers like you said. To me, it looks like and I think others have said it, that he plays up too high. If he would squat down a little it may help, but when he does that, the speed rushers go right by him. He needs some more work but he will eventually get there.

Deeds, not Words

Old 08-04-2008, 12:14 AM
Medicine Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYSkinFan View Post
Springs gets a bad rep from some around here (cough...akh....cough) but I always like his passion on the field
If you read the 2008 version of the The Football Prospectus, Springs was ranked #1 in Success rate last year among CBs. Also, Fred Smoot, was either one or two (I can't remember which) in run support. I highly recommed that book as it really goes in depth on statistics and player performance.

Deeds, not Words