Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > Chippewa Fantasy Sports Forum

Old 03-21-2010, 07:56 AM
hR Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoot View Post
Raise your hand if you had Kansas winning it all.

...raise your other hand if you dont care that it ruined your bracket because it opened up a path to the elite 8 for Maryland
This is set up perfectly where Maryland will choke today against Michigan St. lol

Old 03-21-2010, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IH Brave View Post
I'm right there with you. I've been searching the web, but I can't find any answers. What's the story as to why Georgetown and Maryland never play each other any more? I heard it had something to do with some beef between John Thompson (the elder) and Lefty Driesell. The two vowed their teams would never play each other again.
They have been trying to make it an annual game but there is an issue holding it up. Gary Williams feels that Georgetown owes Maryland a Home game. The last time they played, it was in the BB&T Classic at the US Air Arena (Cap Centre) which was Georgetown's home court. Georgetown was not hosting the the tourney, however and they argue that it was technically a neutral venue. They even wore their road Blues in the game. (Maryland won - the coming out of Joe Smith). So that is the hold-up. Maryland will not commit to an annual game until Georgetown plays Maryland at Comcast. Georgetown does not feel it owes Maryland a home game as they don't feel they ever hosted Maryland and if they were to comply with Maryland's demand they would be on the short end of the home game stick in a multi-year series.
Just so I don't forget, I intend to remind the above poster about this quote.

Old 03-22-2010, 08:05 AM
Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarMike View Post
This is set up perfectly where Maryland will choke today against Michigan St. lol
and that is exactly what happened was'nt it?

Forgiveness is the fragrance the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it."
—Mark Twain

“If you want to walk the heavenly streets of gold, you gotta know the password, “Roll, Tide, Roll!”

Paul"Bear"Bryant

Old 03-22-2010, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGREDSKINSFAN1963 View Post
and that is exactly what happened was'nt it?
I wouldn't callfighting back from 15 down to take the lead with 6 seconds left only to get beat by a buzzer beater choking.

Old 03-22-2010, 09:44 AM
Chief Moderator

Terps need to lose the yellow-on-yellow jersey/shorts combination. They look like a bunch of bananas out there.

Only Duke left from ACC. I hope they lose bad.

Here is hoping to a UNI, St. Marys, Xavier and Cornell Final 4!

Old 03-22-2010, 11:04 AM
hR Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keino View Post
I wouldn't callfighting back from 15 down to take the lead with 6 seconds left only to get beat by a buzzer beater choking.
I'm sure he meant just losing to Michigan St. as choking and having an easy walk into the Elite 8 or Final 4. I was pulling for Md. I can't stand MSU. Even though I don't care much GS.

Old 03-22-2010, 11:05 AM
hR Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_stouty View Post
Terps need to lose the yellow-on-yellow jersey/shorts combination. They look like a bunch of bananas out there.

Only Duke left from ACC. I hope they lose bad.

Here is hoping to a UNI, St. Marys, Xavier and Cornell Final 4!
+1 on entire post.

Old 03-22-2010, 12:37 PM

I like the yellow unis. Reminds me of the Lenny Bias days. There was a time when you wouldn't know whether MD was going to give you Red, Yellow or Black on the road or White or Yellow at home.

Old 03-22-2010, 12:53 PM
hR Owner

Quote:
I like the yellow unis. Reminds me of the Lenny Bias days. There was a time when you wouldn't know whether MD was going to give you Red, Yellow or Black on the road or White or Yellow at home.
Wish I could remember Lenny Bias. Back then I didn't get the chance to watch Md that much. Everyone pretty much says that he would have given MJ a run for the MVP all of those years.

Old 03-22-2010, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarMike View Post
Wish I could remember Lenny Bias. Back then I didn't get the chance to watch Md that much. Everyone pretty much says that he would have given MJ a run for the MVP all of those years.
It won't be a pleasant memory for a Carolina fan, but youtube search the first Carolina loss in the Dean Dome. Lenny was at his finest in that game with Jordan on the court......

Old 03-23-2010, 08:44 AM
hR Owner

Quote:
It won't be a pleasant memory for a Carolina fan, but youtube search the first Carolina loss in the Dean Dome. Lenny was at his finest in that game with Jordan on the court......
Wow.

It doesn't bother me though. Would have been back then probably. Its a shame we couldn't enjoy his play at the next level. He and Jordan would have made for a great rivalry.

Old 03-23-2010, 04:30 PM

I think it would have made the 80s Celtics virtually un-beatable and Bird's career would have been extended by 2-5 years. Bird gave it up because of his back issues and rushing back from those issues.

Lenny wasn't highly touted out of HS and he worked his butt off every year in College Park. Would he have taken that same sort of ethic to the NBA? That is the big question. There is no doubt that when he came out of college he was more polished and had a better all-around game than MJ. But MJ made himself better every year. He didn't have a consistent J, but he worked on it.

So that is the question I have with Lenny. Would he have worked as hard as he did prior to signing the (at the time) richest shoe deal ever? Was the coke thing a one-time affair or would he have let it become a career ending habit?