Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > the Cherokee Redskins Tribe

Old 04-13-2010, 07:05 PM
Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldskinfan View Post
Who, the next Randel El?

Old 04-14-2010, 10:06 AM
Papoose

We have 3 young WRs who have potential let them develop and see what we got. Remember TO didn't become a great player untill his 3 rd season.

Old 04-15-2010, 03:55 PM
Shaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhhorus View Post
You don't like WRs with baggage, you don't have any problem with passing on Holmes, but you would have made the deal for a 4th or 5th. You're being hypocritical. Again.

I've pointed out the difference. You're just repeating yourself instead of discussing the differences.

You can't compare Ochocinco and either Holmes or Marshall. Ochocinco hasn't been arrested or suspended ever.

But you don't like WRs with baggage lol. Make up your mind on what your position is please.

I am still having trouble understanding why you find my position to be inconsistent. I don't like WRs with baggage (of any sort). I wouldn't be looking to acquire Holmes. But, I would acquire Holmes for a 4th or 5th before I would ship a 2nd and 3rd for McNabb as a lesser of two evils, because the price tag is so much lower and because Holmes is still young enough to be part of the rebuilding process if the gamble works. If it blows up in our faces, no big deal because nothing significant would have been lost.

Old 04-15-2010, 03:59 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanburgerBum View Post
I am still having trouble understanding why you find my position to be inconsistent. I don't like WRs with baggage (of any sort). I wouldn't be looking to acquire Holmes. But, I would acquire Holmes for a 4th or 5th before I would ship a 2nd and 3rd for McNabb as a lesser of two evils, because the price tag is so much lower and because Holmes is still young enough to be part of the rebuilding process if the gamble works. If it blows up in our faces, no big deal because nothing significant would have been lost.
If you don't like WRs with Baggage, you can't advocate for taking a gamble on one for any draft picks solely because its cheap. By your logic, 2 2nds for Brandon Marshall should be a deal you would be 100% behind if the skins made it.

Old 04-15-2010, 06:11 PM
Shaman

Quote:
If you don't like WRs with Baggage, you can't advocate for taking a gamble on one for any draft picks solely because its cheap. By your logic, 2 2nds for Brandon Marshall should be a deal you would be 100% behind if the skins made it.

No, two 2nds for Brandon Marshall would be far higher a price than a 4th or 5th for Holmes. So, I wouldn't do the Marshall trade.

And, again, I am not looking to go after Holmes. I was merely expressing my frustration over the McNabb trade and saying that I regard a 4th (or 5th) for Holmes as the lesser of the two evils.

Old 04-15-2010, 06:42 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
No, two 2nds for Brandon Marshall would be far higher a price than a 4th or 5th for Holmes. So, I wouldn't do the Marshall trade.
By your stated logic, you have to support it, but I can't say I'm surprised that your standards-as always-keep changing.

Quote:
And, again, I am not looking to go after Holmes. I was merely expressing my frustration over the McNabb trade and saying that I regard a 4th (or 5th) for Holmes as the lesser of the two evils.
So, a 2nd and a future 3rd for an established QB is an outrage, a 5th(or a 4th) for a headache WR who'll be suspended for 25% of the upcoming season and is facing a full season suspension if he's caught smoking pot(something he's shown no ability to keep himself from doing) and is demanding Randy Moss level money is a "good gamble."

Last edited by akhhorus : 04-15-2010 at 06:45 PM.

Old 04-15-2010, 08:34 PM
Ghost Dancer

Quote:
So, a 2nd and a future 3rd for an established QB is an outrage, a 5th(or a 4th) for a headache WR who'll be suspended for 25% of the upcoming season and is facing a full season suspension if he's caught smoking pot(something he's shown no ability to keep himself from doing) and is demanding Randy Moss level money is a "good gamble."
But of course..........

Old 04-16-2010, 07:09 PM
Shaman

Quote:
By your stated logic, you have to support it, but I can't say I'm surprised that your standards-as always-keep changing.

McNabb will presumably be an upgrade over Campbell, although that is by no means a lock. Jason, with a far inferior offense (particularly the line), had passing stats in 2009 that weren't far below those of Donovan.

But, let's say McNabb is an upgrade. It is still a lousy trade for this team because it suggests that Shanahan/Allen don't have a comprehensive rebuilding plan. They apparently think the Skins can just patch here and there and win immediately. Otherwise, why trade for a 33-year old QB?

A month ago, the front office cut loose about a dozen older players--suggesting that it is looking to rebuild. Now, it mortgages the future for an older player. Those moves seem to be directly contradictory and border on schizophrenia.

I think McNabb will be too old by the time the rest of the team gets good enough to contend. In the meantime, the only thing I see McNabb doing is keeping the Redskins in a perpetual state of mediocrity. And, that's assuming he hangs around beyond this season. If I were McNabb, I wouldn't sign an extension. I would wait and see how much this 4-12 team improves before I commit the remainder of my career here. So, the possibility exists that the Redskins will have rented McNabb for one season at the cost of a 2nd rounder and a 3rd (probably) rounder. That would be even more expensive than the Jason Taylor rental.

Old 04-16-2010, 07:19 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
McNabb will presumably be an upgrade over Campbell, although that is by no means a lock. Jason, with a far inferior offense (particularly the line), had passing stats in 2009 that weren't far below those of Donovan.
Well, no. Thats totally wrong. Campbell had similar yardage numbers, but McNabb's passing numbers were dramatically better across the board(except completion percentage).

Quote:
But, let's say McNabb is an upgrade. It is still a lousy trade for this team because it suggests that Shanahan/Allen don't have a comprehensive rebuilding plan. They apparently think the Skins can just patch here and there and win immediately. Otherwise, why trade for a 33-year old QB?

A month ago, the front office cut loose about a dozen older players--suggesting that it is looking to rebuild. Now, it mortgages the future for an older player. Those moves seem to be directly contradictory and border on schizophrenia.

I think McNabb will be too old by the time the rest of the team gets good enough to contend. In the meantime, the only thing I see McNabb doing is keeping the Redskins in a perpetual state of mediocrity. And, that's assuming he hangs around beyond this season. If I were McNabb, I wouldn't sign an extension. I would wait and see how much this 4-12 team improves before I commit the remainder of my career here. So, the possibility exists that the Redskins will have rented McNabb for one season at the cost of a 2nd rounder and a 3rd (probably) rounder. That would be even more expensive than the Jason Taylor rental.
And the headcase WR on strike 2 with the league wanting 9-10 million a year in a contract year for production thats about equal to someone like Lee Evans(good, not great) and has only been in the top 10 of NFL WRs in 1 major category last year ever(7th in yards) who will miss 25% of the upcoming season is fine with you. Right....

Old 04-16-2010, 08:12 PM
Runner

Quote:
Well, no. Thats totally wrong. Campbell had similar yardage numbers, but McNabb's passing numbers were dramatically better across the board(except completion percentage).

And the headcase WR on strike 2 with the league wanting 9-10 million a year in a contract year for production thats about equal to someone like Lee Evans(good, not great) and has only been in the top 10 of NFL WRs in 1 major category last year ever(7th in yards) who will miss 25% of the upcoming season is fine with you. Right....
Well, that's not entirely accurate. JC had more completions AND threw for more yards than McNabb. AND he threw for more TDs than McNabb.

Last edited by paulskinsfan : 04-16-2010 at 08:17 PM.