Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hR Archives and Help Desk > Archive Forum

Closed Thread

The All-Inclusive Albert Haynesworth Thread
Old 06-18-2010, 01:36 PM
Chief Moderator

Default The All-Inclusive Albert Haynesworth Thread

Seemed a bit jumbled to have 2 Haynesworth threads occuring at the same time...so lets keep all of our comments here...

Link to closed Haynesworth skipping mini camp,wants trade Thread
Link to closed Daniels/Williams call out Haynesworth Thread

Debate on...

Old 06-18-2010, 02:02 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhhorus
Not saying that its not, but we have this abstract concept that the highly paid players are sleeping on a pile of 100 dollar bills, heroin and asian hookers.
Well, they are laying around with those last two lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_stouty aka thread_daddy
Thing is...if a 25 year old NFL player gets 3 million right now, without calculating interest or inflation, it will only average out to 60K per year until he turns 75. Problem is that he wants to live like a millionaire as of day ONE. (Buys house...3 cars...10-carat-diamond earnings...etc) Less than 3 years later and that $ is done...

...when he is valeting cars with Jacquez Green 5 years from now, he will wish he had 60K a year to live off. lol
Say he put the $3M in a conservative investment and got (only) a 5% annual return. That's $150K/year at a capital gains rate that is less than the income tax rate. Those are still some pretty straight pockets.
The one disappointment of the off-season housecleaning that brought Allen and Shanahan here is that they didn't part ways with Larry Michael as well. He is a prominent and unavoidable symbol of the horrible way Snyder and Cerrator ran this team in the past. Moving on to a new era of Redskins football, on and off the field, should have meant severing ties with him as well.

Old 06-18-2010, 02:05 PM
Shaman

I still hate AH.

Old 06-18-2010, 02:08 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurgundyNGold View Post

Say he put the $3M in a conservative investment and got (only) a 5% annual return. That's $150K/year at a capital gains rate that is less than the income tax rate. Those are still some pretty straight pockets.
Most of these players' idea of a financial advisor is their mildly retarded brother Bobby. I'd love to start a CDO market of betting on which players go bankrupt.

Old 06-18-2010, 02:11 PM
Chief Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurgundyNGold View Post

These guys couldnt' live a 150K lifestyle. Not when the other guys in the lockerroom are buying cars at that price on whims...

Plus, how do you "make it rain" when all you got is a bank statement and no cash to show? lol

Old 06-18-2010, 02:35 PM
hR Staff Writer

I was on Haynesworth side until he did not show up to mandatory mini camp. I personally agree with Mike Wilbon that the NFL likes to skirt the rules on everything when it coems to player contracts and control the lives of their players, and that is fine if they paid for it. They do not. The NFL by far is the richest sport and its stars and everyday players by far are the least paid when compared to baseball and basketball< I am sure the Union would love to accepts OTAs as not optional but mandatory for some more guarantees on contracts and/or higher salary cap space.

When Haynesworth wanted to stay home to train, I was fine with that. But missing camp and asking to be traded is not the way to go about it. It sucks he is being moved to a different defense but all he is doing is driving down his value by not showing up making it less likely the Redskins could trade him anyways. Man up, come to camp, show other teams you still want to play football and you may be able to get traded by week 1

http://www.hailredskins.com/vbforum/...light=shanahan

Old 06-18-2010, 03:03 PM
Code Talker

he's a worthless mistake for any team. let it go already.

Last edited by tommahawk : 06-18-2010 at 05:07 PM.

Old 06-18-2010, 03:39 PM
Healer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYSkinFan View Post
I was on Haynesworth side until he did not show up to mandatory mini camp. I personally agree with Mike Wilbon that the NFL likes to skirt the rules on everything when it coems to player contracts and control the lives of their players, and that is fine if they paid for it. They do not. The NFL by far is the richest sport and its stars and everyday players by far are the least paid when compared to baseball and basketball< I am sure the Union would love to accepts OTAs as not optional but mandatory for some more guarantees on contracts and/or higher salary cap space.

When Haynesworth wanted to stay home to train, I was fine with that. But missing camp and asking to be traded is not the way to go about it. It sucks he is being moved to a different defense but all he is doing is driving down his value by not showing up making it less likely the Redskins could trade him anyways. Man up, come to camp, show other teams you still want to play football and you may be able to get traded by week 1
I could sympathize with his point of view until I heard Shanahan say that Haynesworth could have walked, with no strings attached, before April 1st.

He says that he is unhappy that the situation at Redskins Park has changed since he signed on and that he wouldn't have signed here had he known then what he knows now. I can understand that, if I accepted a position at my company and was told a year later that the entire situation had changed, I'd be pretty upset too.

But he was given a way out. In fact, he was allowed to shop himself to other teams while still under contract here. Basically, he was allowed to be a free agent while still being able to fall back on the deal he currently had if he didn't find another team out there he liked better. The only stipulation was that he had to decide by April 1st if he wanted out, or if he wanted to rededicate himself to the Redskins. He chose to accept that $21 million check and therefore he chose to buy into the regime/culture/scheme change at Redskins Park.

He brought this upon himself and if he is unhappy the only person he can "feel betrayed" by is the fat guy in the mirror.

Old 06-18-2010, 03:53 PM
Shaman

Quote:
"The Washington Redskins are a great and storied franchise with an owner in Mr. Snyder that will do anything in his power to win and a fan base that is unrivaled in the NFL. When I signed here after meeting all day with the staff and top executives, and talked about the defense that we would run and what my role would be, I was assured I would have the freedom to play to my strengths and I was excited about the future. After many years in the NFL, I know what it takes for me to perform at my highest level. My number one goal has always been to help my team win -period. It's also important at my position to help free my teammates to make plays, which I've done throughout my career when I've been allowed to play to my strengths. I will continue to work individually to prepare for training camp and the start of the 2010 season."
Haynesworth Statement Regarding Minicamp Absence

Old 06-18-2010, 03:59 PM
Shaman

Anyone think the best option would be a buyout?

http://www.csnwashington.com/pages/l...58&tagID=11334

Old 06-18-2010, 04:01 PM
Chief Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanFromArizona View Post
Sounds to me that Albert is scared of a challenge. What a baby...

Old 06-18-2010, 04:23 PM
Sachem

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeygoalie29 View Post
I could sympathize with his point of view until I heard Shanahan say that Haynesworth could have walked, with no strings attached, before April 1st.

He says that he is unhappy that the situation at Redskins Park has changed since he signed on and that he wouldn't have signed here had he known then what he knows now. I can understand that, if I accepted a position at my company and was told a year later that the entire situation had changed, I'd be pretty upset too.

But he was given a way out. In fact, he was allowed to shop himself to other teams while still under contract here. Basically, he was allowed to be a free agent while still being able to fall back on the deal he currently had if he didn't find another team out there he liked better. The only stipulation was that he had to decide by April 1st if he wanted out, or if he wanted to rededicate himself to the Redskins. He chose to accept that $21 million check and therefore he chose to buy into the regime/culture/scheme change at Redskins Park.

He brought this upon himself and if he is unhappy the only person he can "feel betrayed" by is the fat guy in the mirror.
That's what did it for me too. Can't fault him for taking the money because who would pass up $21 million? However, know that the $21 million comes with strings attached. You can't cut the strings unless you fork over some of that cash. That's the bottom line. At this point I'd do nothing and see if his stance changes between now and training camp. After training camp begins and he doesn't show up fine him for each day he misses. I only want players who are sincere about making a difference on the team. He clearly doesn't appear to be one of those players right now.

"He's a freak of nature physically and he hits like a heat-seeking missle." Joe Theismann on safety Sean Taylor.

Old 06-18-2010, 05:06 PM
hR Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_stouty View Post
These guys couldnt' live a 150K lifestyle. Not when the other guys in the lockerroom are buying cars at that price on whims...

Plus, how do you "make it rain" when all you got is a bank statement and no cash to show? lol
Do like I do at the strip clubs. I make it rain insufficient funds receipts. The girls go crazy!

Old 06-18-2010, 06:05 PM
hR Owner

NFLPA President Kevin Mawae's is latest to slam AH

http://www.fantasysp.com/player/nfl/...#ixzz0rEppENOv

Quote:
It's one thing for former Washington Redskins to slam AWOL defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth.

It's quite another for NFL Players Association president Kevin Mawae, a former Haynesworth teammate with the Tennessee Titans, to criticize him in pointed remarks.

"You talk about somebody putting a mask on and going in backwards to get his paycheck," Mawae said in a Sirius NFL radio interview. "I mean, if you donít want to be there donít take the $21 million contract. How things turned out itís no surprise to guys that have played with him in Tennessee. You know, what do you say? I mean, youíre getting paid a ton of money to play less and youíre complaining about it. At the end of the day itís one thing to be a football player and get paid lots of money but thereís a whole lot more to be said about being a man.

Old 06-18-2010, 08:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarMike View Post
NFLPA President Kevin Mawae's is latest to slam AH

http://www.fantasysp.com/player/nfl/...#ixzz0rEppENOv
The fat idiot is on an island all by himself, with only a few trolls playing the part of defending him.
Closed Thread