Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hR Archives and Help Desk > Archive Forum

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 11:05 AM
2009/10 hR NFL Pick'em Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveKShape View Post
something really strange is going on with this man. there's something we don't know about.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...or-24-million/
I think Steve Martin's movie the Jerk about sums it up.

Old 06-22-2010, 11:05 AM
Chief

never can tell what he'll do.so far,he has just missed a mandatory mini camp!i'd really be shocked if he does'nt show up for training camp!what can he not show up for?he has already been paid has'nt he?

Forgiveness is the fragrance the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it."
—Mark Twain

“If you want to walk the heavenly streets of gold, you gotta know the password, “Roll, Tide, Roll!”

Paul"Bear"Bryant

Old 06-22-2010, 11:07 AM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveKShape View Post
something really strange is going on with this man. there's something we don't know about.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...or-24-million/
What you don't understand is that the loan switched from a flat 4.3 interest rate to a variable 3.4 and Albert was unsure of his financial position so he just stopped making payments and asked his loan be sold to another bank.

http://www.hailredskins.com/vbforum/...light=shanahan

Old 06-22-2010, 11:58 AM
Hunter

I'm so sick of Fat Albert. What a waste of life. I hope if he does have children they don't learn to be low-lifes with no ambition. I truly hope between Shanny and Bruce, there is enough experience to really stick it to AH in a way he never saw coming. We will soon be able to watch him sucking wind on the sideline of another team.....One to many Ho Ho's for big Al....far too few laps ran by big Al

Old 06-22-2010, 12:06 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKINSATIONAL View Post
I'm so sick of Fat Albert. What a waste of life. I hope if he does have children they don't learn to be low-lifes with no ambition. I truly hope between Shanny and Bruce, there is enough experience to really stick it to AH in a way he never saw coming. We will soon be able to watch him sucking wind on the sideline of another team.....One to many Ho Ho's for big Al....far too few laps ran by big Al
Well, aparently, the mother is an opportunistic stripper from Brooklyn. So, I'm guessing the genetics are there for the Mozart of low-lives to burst onto the scene here shortly.
The one disappointment of the off-season housecleaning that brought Allen and Shanahan here is that they didn't part ways with Larry Michael as well. He is a prominent and unavoidable symbol of the horrible way Snyder and Cerrator ran this team in the past. Moving on to a new era of Redskins football, on and off the field, should have meant severing ties with him as well.

Old 06-22-2010, 08:35 PM
Chief

it sounds to me like AH has either money intoxication or stupidity syndrome, or maybe both.and both are turning out to be terminal cases!!!

Forgiveness is the fragrance the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it."
—Mark Twain

“If you want to walk the heavenly streets of gold, you gotta know the password, “Roll, Tide, Roll!”

Paul"Bear"Bryant

Old 06-23-2010, 11:57 AM
Comanchero

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...ns-haynesworth

something new ..... is he backtracking now or what?

Quote:
Fat boys wins my game. I know football, and in December, in the playoffs, fat boys win. Whoever's got the best fat boys is gonna win, so I'm gonna collect fat boys. ~ Fred Smoot

Old 06-23-2010, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinskin View Post

Nah, he's not really backtracking. He understands that his previous comments and threats likely will not yield him the results he wants. He pretty much said the same thing on June 17 through his agent. Further, I am of the belief (based on nothing but pure speculation) that Fat Al was out of shape on June 16 and knew it so came out with all this "unhappiness with scheme" nonsense in an effort to buy himself time to get himself into shape.

Personally, I would love for him to work out his issues just because of what he can do on the field, but at this point, I would be completely fine with trading him for just compensation. I'd rather have a less talented player who buys into the concept of Big Team little me.
Just so I don't forget, I intend to remind the above poster about this quote.

Old 06-23-2010, 12:55 PM
2009/10 hR NFL Pick'em Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinskin View Post

What else could he do? He has no real leverage in the situation he put himself in. He destoyed any leverage he had based on how the league attacked him for failing to not show for minicamp. Now he has to play ball if he has any hope of finding a trade partner or buying out his contract and signing another lucrative multi-year deal.

Keino, Im really starting to consider you and Akh's position on AH being out of shape. If he really wanted a trade he could ahve demanded it and showed up to minicamp. He would not have received half of the backlash had he done that, IMO. We will see though, part of me still believes its because the money in this contract is behind him and AH is looking for a new deal with new big money, which if traded im sure he will demand a contract restructure.

Old 06-23-2010, 01:24 PM

I really cannot take any credit for the idea. My father suggested it to me on a phone convo and then JTF posted it within a half hour of that discussion. Taken together with what we knew up to that point (That he was all set to report and something suddenly changed) it makes some logical sense. The problem is, it is almost worse than sincerely demanding the trade. It would mean that he completely lied about working out with his personal trainer and his reasons for not participating in the off-season program. Lied to his boss (Shanny) and to us.
Just so I don't forget, I intend to remind the above poster about this quote.

Old 06-23-2010, 02:06 PM
Comanchero

He also said he'd be here for mandatory camp, talk is cheap

Old 06-23-2010, 04:08 PM

Location: Lawn Guyland, NY (my heart will always be in Arlington, Va)

I guess his agent looked around and saw no one wanted him for a fair offer and he was quickly becoming the most hated man in the NFL.

Old 06-23-2010, 07:13 PM
Comanchero

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinsDave View Post
I guess his agent looked around and saw no one wanted him for a fair offer and he was quickly becoming the most hated man in the NFL.
I am leaning more to this scenario. Although talk is cheap especially coming from haynesworth. He has said a few things that were just plain not true.

Lets look at the person we gave 31 million to for one season.....

1) Soon as he signs this contract he runs a man over with his car and gets sued.

2) He calls out the coaching staff for the idiots they were.... but publically did so never the less.

3) Gets sued by a stripper he supposedly inpregnated and dropped like a hot potato.

4) Gets sued by a bank for neglecting to pay his payments on a 2.4 million dollar commercial loan. Even after he was payed 21 million. (Keeping the money for something else possibly?)

5) Has the BALLS to ask for a trade after one unappreciated season and 31 million dollars later!!!!

6) Let's not forget the stomping on another player in the forehead with cleats. (It was a Dallas player but....)

Standup guy eh?

Quote:
Fat boys wins my game. I know football, and in December, in the playoffs, fat boys win. Whoever's got the best fat boys is gonna win, so I'm gonna collect fat boys. ~ Fred Smoot

Old 06-23-2010, 08:03 PM
Ghost Dancer

haynesworth saying he will attend training camp this far away from it is probably a start to him trying to improve his image and increase his chances of finding a trade partner

and for the record sinskin, haynesworth didnt run over a man and get sued after he signed his contract with us. it was out before he signed with us, and he actually was speeding excessively and sideswiped another vehicle and caused him to wreck and require a hip replacement.

Last edited by Red Bear : 06-23-2010 at 08:07 PM.

Pay 'em and Keep 'em
Old 06-24-2010, 07:24 AM
Papoose

Default Pay 'em and Keep 'em

This might partially go against the "Boycott Dan Snyder" thread, but hear me out...

There are people who want the Skins to just trade him for a bag of footballs and a case of beer. Other people just want to cut him, even without getting the bonus money back. (You have to assume the Skins are heavily considering this... cutting their losses.)

However, I'd prefer that they keep him and sit him on the bench, effectively ending his career. In the long run, I think this is good for the Skins, as it shows they're not going to be railroaded in the future. If you come here, you better play. It's a waste of money in the near term, but I think it sends a good message.

SO... I would be willing to contribute to a fund that made it a financially sound decision for the Skins brass to keep AH and sit him on the bench for the rest of his contract. Maybe put him on the practice squad if the contract allows. Perhaps put him out there on special teams and then suspend him when he refuses. Fine him at every possible point along the way. If he decides he wants to play hard, we could consider it at that time. But the ball's in Shanny's court.

No salary cap for 2010 helps this scenario. How much would we need to raise to get Dan's attention?

All of the bad PR Dan has... You'd think he'd at least float a poll to get the fans' opinion on this. AH's bluff was called. He's playing from behind now.
Closed Thread