HS Football 2010
Old 08-12-2010, 11:43 AM
HR's Mom

Default HS Football 2010

My annual post regarding HS football.

Son is in his 12th and final year of football. He starts 3 a-days on Saturday but pretty much has been lifting and conditioning all summer. Looking forward to a great season, due to how well the Varsity and JV (Now Varsity) did last year.

Even without our favorite and trusted PT Joan.... sad face! We hope for a safe and fun season!

How about anyone else, Kids playing this year????

Old 12-29-2010, 03:58 PM
HR's Mom

For those of you not on Facebook, His team ended the regular season with only 1 loss, went on to win through-out the playoffs and found themselves at Raven's stadium in the State Championship game ranked at #1 in 2A.

But they lost to an excellent McDonough team 14-21...there was controversy regarding two of the plays that could have been game changers in our favor, but as Hubbo said, "It just wasn't meant to be."

After 12 years of washing uniforms, sitting in the heat, sitting in the rain, sleet and snow, X-Rays, band aids, buying countless clothing for each of the teams he’s been on, pictures, concession duty, team Mom duties, pictures…my job as head cheerleader for my son comes to an end.

But what a way to end it! GO JAKE! Mom loves you…

Old 12-29-2010, 09:53 PM
Moderator / 3 PEAT [2010-2011-2012] hR Fantasy NBA Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGibbsGirl View Post
For those of you not on Facebook, His team ended the regular season with only 1 loss, went on to win through-out the playoffs and found themselves at Raven's stadium in the State Championship game ranked at #1 in 2A.

But they lost to an excellent McDonough team 14-21...there was controversy regarding two of the plays that could have been game changers in our favor, but as Hubbo said, "It just wasn't meant to be."

After 12 years of washing uniforms, sitting in the heat, sitting in the rain, sleet and snow, X-Rays, band aids, buying countless clothing for each of the teams he’s been on, pictures, concession duty, team Mom duties, pictures…my job as head cheerleader for my son comes to an end.

But what a way to end it! GO JAKE! Mom loves you…
Congrats to you and Jake AGG, and you know you'll always be his cheerleader and aint nothin' wrong with that. That's awesome that your sons team did that well, it's not an easy feat, does he plan to play in college?

Although Tristan won't be a freshman until next year our local Tarboro Vikings have won the last two 2A state championships in a row. They have won 26 straight games now after coming up short in the championship game 3 years ago.

"After three or four, in the huddle I said to Russ, 'Play along with me,' " Bostic said. "I got to the line, and I said to Randy White, 'Our coaching staff loves you. We're going to run it over you again.' Then on the next play Russ told him. Randy wasn't very happy, but after three or four times, he didn't say a word."

Old 12-30-2010, 11:36 AM
HR's Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCskinsfanatic View Post
Congrats to you and Jake AGG, and you know you'll always be his cheerleader and aint nothin' wrong with that. That's awesome that your sons team did that well, it's not an easy feat, does he plan to play in college?

Although Tristan won't be a freshman until next year our local Tarboro Vikings have won the last two 2A state championships in a row. They have won 26 straight games now after coming up short in the championship game 3 years ago.
He wants to go to JMU with his brother and play Rugby there.

Jaker's team also won their little league championship. They were great all throughout HS. They made it to the State Semi-Finals last year. So Tristan just may be in for a long run of great years with his team. The key is to keep them together during JV. The numbers drop signifiganlty at the JV level then pick up again at Varsity.

Good luck to you guys!

Old 12-31-2010, 04:38 AM
hR Owner

How dare you be excited about not washing grass and mud stains out of uniforms!!!!

Old 01-04-2011, 11:45 AM
Medicine Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCskinsfanatic View Post

Tarboro? That's the home of ex Redskin Kelvin Bryant.

Deeds, not Words

Old 01-05-2011, 07:43 AM
HR's Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by rskinsfan10 View Post
How dare you be excited about not washing grass and mud stains out of uniforms!!!!
lol! When he's gone, I bet I miss that most of all!

Old 01-05-2011, 10:05 AM
Moderator / 3 PEAT [2010-2011-2012] hR Fantasy NBA Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicefellow31 View Post
Tarboro? That's the home of ex Redskin Kelvin Bryant.
Yep, he works right here in town at a retirement community and attends local HS games. I've met him a few times.

"After three or four, in the huddle I said to Russ, 'Play along with me,' " Bostic said. "I got to the line, and I said to Randy White, 'Our coaching staff loves you. We're going to run it over you again.' Then on the next play Russ told him. Randy wasn't very happy, but after three or four times, he didn't say a word."

Old 02-02-2011, 03:12 PM
Sagamore

Hyattsville's own Cyrus Kouandijo (DeMatha HS) signed with Auburn today. A highly rated offensive tackle he is. Paul Finebaum says this has "sucked the air out of the room on national signing day." This is a very good day.

update: The kid didn't fax in the paperwork! He "needs more time." Oh crap. Mental case?

Last edited by WarEagle : 02-02-2011 at 03:51 PM.

Old 02-02-2011, 06:18 PM
Great Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarEagle View Post
update: The kid didn't fax in the paperwork! He "needs more time." Oh crap. Mental case?
Come on, man. A "mental case"? Seriously?

Anywho, one of the reporters down there said Kouandjio just wrote this on his FB page:

"Just not completely sure...want to be around the fam and just wait."

Old 02-02-2011, 07:09 PM
Sagamore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal_junior View Post
Come on, man. A "mental case"? Seriously?

Anywho, one of the reporters down there said Kouandjio just wrote this on his FB page:

"Just not completely sure...want to be around the fam and just wait."
Well he wasn't dragged out of bed just this morning and forced to make a decision. He's had plenty of time to consider this. A huge sign of immaturity.

Old 02-02-2011, 07:17 PM
Great Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarEagle View Post
Well he wasn't dragged out of bed just this morning and forced to make a decision. He's had plenty of time to consider this. A huge sign of immaturity.
Immaturity makes more sense than mental case, but I still think you're being a touch hard on him.

My thought was that neither of us has any idea what a 5-star player goes through. He's probably getting input from his parents, his coach and his friends, along with a heavy sales pitch from two or three hugely famous head coaches from major DI schools. Toss in the fact his brother plays for Alabama and you have a recipe for indecision.

And isn't he allowed to be immature? He's what, 17? 18? He's just a kid. This isn't the same thing as the NFL draft.

Old 02-02-2011, 08:18 PM
Sagamore

Those are good points. He sort of stumbled when he made his verbal declaration today. Clearly nervous. Seems shy.

Update: I just heard that he'll announce (or, um, re-announce) on Monday. Oh boy.

Last edited by WarEagle : 02-04-2011 at 05:15 PM.

Old 02-05-2011, 06:03 PM
Great Spirit

Mr. indecisive finally makes up his mind:

"Thanks for all the love and support from the state of Alabama," Kouandjio wrote on his Facebook wall. "love all the new relationships i have made throughout this process. . but at the end of the day. . ima keep the fam together and i must say. . . . ROOLLLLL TTIIIDDDEEE!!!"

Old 02-06-2011, 12:11 AM
Sagamore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal_junior View Post
Mr. indecisive finally makes up his mind:

"Thanks for all the love and support from the state of Alabama," Kouandjio wrote on his Facebook wall. "love all the new relationships i have made throughout this process. . but at the end of the day. . ima keep the fam together and i must say. . . . ROOLLLLL TTIIIDDDEEE!!!"
Can't wait for the local sports talk radio on Monday! lol...