Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > the Cherokee Redskins Tribe

Old 10-17-2011, 11:12 AM
Hunter

ok i didnt see kerrigan do anything yesturday against winston justice while i agree that the whole defense wasn't good yesturday it seems as though you like to single out certin guys>>> this is the same player that won nfc player of the week last week

Old 10-17-2011, 11:22 AM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean T RIP View Post
ok i didnt see kerrigan do anything yesturday against winston justice while i agree that the whole defense wasn't good yesturday it seems as though you like to single out certin guys>>> this is the same player that won nfc player of the week last week
I point out bad play when I see it. Orakpo can have good games, but he also disappears way too much.

Old 10-17-2011, 12:00 PM
Grumpy Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by hail2skins View Post
I can definitely see Shanny saying Grossman got us to 3-1 and I'm not going let him lose his job over one bad game. I wouldn't like it but I don't put it past him.

He has to know that Grossman has been getting progressively worse each game. He was able to hide it with the 3-1 record but not anymore.

As for the defense, I think they played one terrible half and one ok half. The coaches seemed to have called a timid game plan in the first half in my opinion. Seems like they were scared to go after Vick.

Also, I don't know if the TV caught this but Trent was trying his best to get back in the game. He was giving up. At one point, he tried to run on but the coaches pulled him back.

Bodes well for Trent, I hope..

As you know, I have been a supporter of starting Rex, despite the downward trajectory of his play over the last 4 games. No more.

Why ? Because Rex cannot "see" defenders in the middle of the field, for whatever the reason

Second, Rex cannot extend plays with his feet. This is something that is more critical with a banged up O Line

Third, Rex (and Kyle) have had increasing difficulty getting the ball into the end zone.. Time to give Beck a shot.. along with Austin, who was the most productive receiver in preseason and who seems to have a heart for making the tough grab

Old 10-17-2011, 12:03 PM
Grumpy Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhhorus View Post
+1, but its not Hankerson vs Stallworth, its Hankerson versus all the WRs who can't go deep.

I was comparing, not saying one should play over the other.
Armstrong can get deep, if he is healthy

Stallworth is useless, but having a receiver who runs the wrong routes is a catastrophe waiting to happen.. I am not as worried about Hankerson's hands, as i am of him running the wrong route and causing an interception.. until he mentally can get the responsibilities of his position he will remain inactive..

i would see if we can get Royal, if he is available

Apparently LLoyd is on his way to St Louis via trade

Old 10-17-2011, 12:05 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shally View Post
Armstrong can get deep, if he is healthy

Stallworth is useless, but having a receiver who runs the wrong routes is a catastrophe waiting to happen.. I am not as worried about Hankerson's hands, as i am of him running the wrong route and causing an interception.. until he mentally can get the responsibilities of his position he will remain inactive..
Armstrong wasn't playing much when he was healthy. All you'd need to do is to send Hankerson on a fly route a few times just to break up the safeties.

Quote:
i would see if we can get Royal, if he is available

Apparently LLoyd is on his way to St Louis via trade
Great trade for the Rams. I like Royal but he's not that effective.

Old 10-17-2011, 12:23 PM
Grumpy Old Man

Quote:
Armstrong wasn't playing much when he was healthy. All you'd need to do is to send Hankerson on a fly route a few times just to break up the safeties.

Great trade for the Rams. I like Royal but he's not that effective.
Armstrong was thrown to deep at the start of the season and missed most of them.. but he was open

we said EXACTLY the same thing about Thomas during his tenure here.. apparently, more is required of receivers beyond just running the fly route

also Hank does NOT play special teams which limits him and his opportunities and keeps him behind Paul, who is both a good blocker and ST player

Stallworth has been a waste.. that is the guy who needs to go

Old 10-17-2011, 12:34 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Armstrong was thrown to deep at the start of the season and missed most of them.. but he was open

we said EXACTLY the same thing about Thomas during his tenure here.. apparently, more is required of receivers beyond just running the fly route

also Hank does NOT play special teams which limits him and his opportunities and keeps him behind Paul, who is both a good blocker and ST player

Stallworth has been a waste.. that is the guy who needs to go
Then use Paul deep, he was a deep burner at Nebraska. Using Gaffney is embarrassing imo.

Old 10-17-2011, 12:39 PM
Grumpy Old Man

Quote:
Then use Paul deep, he was a deep burner at Nebraska. Using Gaffney is embarrassing imo.
agree.. totally think we need to get the ball into Paul and Austins hands more.. another possible benefit to changing to Beck.. my guess is his level of comfort is different with receivers than was Grossman's

Old 10-17-2011, 01:19 PM
Healer

Quote:
agree.. totally think we need to get the ball into Paul and Austins hands more.. another possible benefit to changing to Beck.. my guess is his level of comfort is different with receivers than was Grossman's
Well he hasn't practiced with the 1st stringers since like.. August?

Old 10-17-2011, 01:42 PM
Grumpy Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by guess88 View Post
Well he hasn't practiced with the 1st stringers since like.. August?
...which means he probably HAS practiced with Hankerson, Austin and Paul while running the scout team

Old 10-17-2011, 10:28 PM
Spirit

Quote:
saw him run one deep route and he had drc(i think) beat. hes fast enough to be a deep threat. i agree gaffney is no deep threat

Old 10-17-2011, 10:30 PM
Spirit

Quote:
...which means he probably HAS practiced with Hankerson, Austin and Paul while running the scout team
start them with him imo. gaffney should still play but i could care less about moss who seems to regress every week now. plus hes almost backing rex to the point where you wonder if he will dog it when beck is named starter.stallworth should of never been signed.

Old 10-17-2011, 10:44 PM
Brave

Akh, I agree with most of your writeup but take issue with the Defense.

While I do agree they were poorly prepared, most of what we saw in the first half had to do with poor coaching and lack of adjustments. In fact, what we saw was Andy Reid taking advantage of the inherent weaknesses in our D. The draw and screens were used to slow the pass rush. The little toss was used to get McCoy on the edge, and IMO sweep/screen/draw is the best way to attack our defense. In fairness to the defense, there was a lot of no calls for holding where there should have been. The Dline did have a poor game, and LF and Rocky both were completely lost with both taking bad angles and too slow to the BC.

The defense got off the field on the first series, and our offense bungled another opportunity to jump on an opponent. Once the two penalties got the Eagles out of the shadow of their endzone, their confidence soared and Akh you are right we played with little heart from that point through most of the rest of the first half. The defense finally made some adjustments to the pass rush in the second half and while we played better, there was still much to be desired. In summary, the Eagles beat us with a running game because we load up for the pass rush on most downs. When is the last time you saw Andy Reid run the FB this much?

Now for the offense. They really know how to stink up the joint. Rex, of course was beyond terrible. Montgomery struggled on more than few run plays when he moved to LG. Donte Stallworth has hands of stone. Cut him. Torrain did next to nothing with his opportunities, and was generally piss poor after Beck was installed.

Speaking of Beck, the kid did ok. He was no savior, but then I never expected him to be. Just don't give the game away ala Rexy the turnover machine. Rex will probably start again, because everyone knows this is Kyle's team, and he makes the calls. Papa Shanny could not really take much more, and so he made the switch in relief. But I would be really surprised if Beck gets the start against Carolina.