Peyton Manning - The Answer
All this talk about Andrew Luck but seeing the game against Oregon made me realize one thing : with our offensive line and lack of weapons on offense, Luck and every other rookie QB possibility is going to be running for their life for the first two years. They will quickly become damaged goods AKA Jason Campbell
If the Colts get the #1, they are certainly picking Luck. We look assured of having a top 5 pick and Indy would love the chance to take that pick straight up for Manning. Having Luck and still a top 5 pick would make it easy for the Indy fans to digest losing Manning. And that is the most important barrier from him leaving.
So does any of this make sense for the Redskins:
1) Manning was at the top of his game when he got hurt. Not some aging vet holding on to the glory years
2) Manning at 80% is better than any rookie QB would be after three years injury free
3) This years Colts prove that Manning can singlehanded take a bottom team and make them a deep playoff threat. Without him they are the worst team in the league. Imagine what he can do for us and we are maybe 5 teams better.
4) Manning instantly improves our wr production and running game by opening up the deep pass. This means less skill position holes we need to fill through the draft or free agency and more for the O and D lines
5) Kyle Shanahan isnt going anywhere for the next two years. With Manning, however, you get a player who is 60% great QB and 40% offensive coordinator anyway.
I have always hated the big free agent names but if you got a chance to get Peyton Manning, you sell the farm. End of story. This team has no chance of being competitive for the next 5 years with the Giants and Dallas having young QB's. This is still a weak division and can be taking. Manning is the answer.