Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > the Cherokee Redskins Tribe

Old 12-24-2011, 08:34 PM
Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmanouel8 View Post
That's a good offseason thread. What would you give up for Luck/RGIII.

Id give up 3-4 1st rounders and 1-2 2nds for Luck, 2-3 1sts and a 2nd for RGIII. I can live with not having those picks for a chance at a dynasty.
Unbelievable. This is a Cerrato move. Our top receivers are all over the age of 30 and we have little to no depth behind our OL starters. Jamaal Brown is reaching the end and Trent Williams is one toke from sitting out an entire season. We need a true NT, an ILB to groom behind Fletcher and possibly two starting corners and people are talking about trading 3 first round draft picks for a QB. If we trade 3 first round picks for an opportunity to draft an unproven player then I would hope Shanahan would immediately be fired.

Hi! My name is Salvatore

Old 12-24-2011, 08:39 PM
Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavar703 View Post
Giving up 3 first round picks for Luck is not a steal. The guy has done absolutely nothing at the NFL-level and could be a bust just as easily as any other QB in this draft. I could careless how pro-ready he seems, you do not trade 3 first round picks for any single player, let alone a guy that has never set foot on the field as a Professional.

I don't know if you understand how the draft works but every year there is some untouchable prospect that will cost a ridiculous amount of draft picks for a team to trade up and get but it never happens. If the Rams get the top pick then they will take Luck and move Bradford. No team is going to give up 3 first round picks considering it could potentially cripple your franchise if said player bombs.
Andrew Luck is one of the biggest QB prospects since Peyton Manning. There is no "untouchable" prospect every year, but this year there is.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/9...or-andrew-luck

"Luck’s price tag would most likely be something like three 1st round picks and a second and fourth. This is a bad deal if the Redskins plan on being a rebuilding team for the next few years."

Shefter said on ESPN that the price tag to move up to the #1 pick would possibly be 3 first rounders and 2 second rounders.

Veteran NFL personnel man Ernie Accorsi, "I think three first-round picks for the first selection in the 2012 draft is more than fair if the team that earns that right is in a dealing mood. One of those picks would have to be in the top 10 of the 2012 draft. "If he's as good as everyone says he is, absolutely it's a realistic price."
(http://www.mockingthedraft.com/2011/...ck-trade-value)

I'm not saying it's the right move to trade 3 1st round draft picks for a prospect that hasn't played a single game in the NFL -- I'm saying that this is going to be the asking price, and with several NFL teams that are hungry for Luck, one of them will be willing to pay that price if the Rams have the 1st pick.

Last edited by TommyLeeTKD : 12-24-2011 at 08:49 PM.

Old 12-24-2011, 08:59 PM
Spirit

No team is going to give up 3 first round picks. Sam Bradford had arguably the greatest pro day of all-time and was considered every bit the franchise QB Luck is and he wouldn't have garnered 3 first round picks. This is absolutely absurd and stupid. Luck is not worth that nor is any unproven player coming into the NFL. I would give up 3 first round picks for Aaron Rodgers and that's about it.

Hi! My name is Salvatore

Old 12-24-2011, 09:04 PM
Shaman

Quote:
No team is going to give up 3 first round picks. Sam Bradford had arguably the greatest pro day of all-time and was considered every bit the franchise QB Luck is and he wouldn't have garnered 3 first round picks. This is absolutely absurd and stupid. Luck is not worth that nor is any unproven player coming into the NFL. I would give up 3 first round picks for Aaron Rodgers and that's about it.
completely agree.

I want RGIII even if Luck is on the board. I know Luck has bee ordained and I think he is a helluva prospect but I think RGIII might be as good and is surely way more athletic so much so that he could add he same impact because of it.

so I'd move up to sit in position to get RGIII without mortgaging the farm.

Old 12-24-2011, 09:15 PM
Brave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaylen View Post
completely agree.

I want RGIII even if Luck is on the board. I know Luck has bee ordained and I think he is a helluva prospect but I think RGIII might be as good and is surely way more athletic so much so that he could add he same impact because of it.

so I'd move up to sit in position to get RGIII without mortgaging the farm.
i read that luck was asked what city he would like to play for ,his reply was any team that moved the team to morgantown w.v., where his father is the a.d., this is 200 miles west of d.c. maybe luck would like to be a redskins,and try a eli
manning move. if that didnt work like you would love to have rglll .

Old 12-24-2011, 10:01 PM
Medicine Man

Quote:
Giving up 3 first round picks for Luck is not a steal. The guy has done absolutely nothing at the NFL-level and could be a bust just as easily as any other QB in this draft.
What have the 3 1st round plcks done yet?

Quote:
I could careless how pro-ready he seems, you do not trade 3 first round picks for any single player, let alone a guy that has never set foot on the field as a Professional.
You might not care but due diligence is how the good NFL FOs operate. FOs aren't always right and drafting a QB is not 100%, but what position is?

Quote:
I don't know if you understand how the draft works but every year there is some untouchable prospect that will cost a ridiculous amount of draft picks for a team to trade up and get but it never happens. If the Rams get the top pick then they will take Luck and move Bradford. No team is going to give up 3 first round picks considering it could potentially cripple your franchise if said player bombs.
We'll have to see. The market and the team holding the #1 will decide what he's worth. I agree the price is steep, but worth it at a chance to get a franchise QB. You have to throw out some of the conventions of the draft when you understand how the league works on the field these days.

Old 12-24-2011, 10:14 PM
Medicine Man

Quote:
Unbelievable. This is a Cerrato move. Our top receivers are all over the age of 30 and we have little to no depth behind our OL starters. Jamaal Brown is reaching the end and Trent Williams is one toke from sitting out an entire season. We need a true NT, an ILB to groom behind Fletcher and possibly two starting corners and people are talking about trading 3 first round draft picks for a QB. If we trade 3 first round picks for an opportunity to draft an unproven player then I would hope Shanahan would immediately be fired.
You keep bringing up unproven players, which players are you planning to draft that are proven?

Its a QB league and unlike most positions, QBs can play at a high level after the age of 35 and most injuries will not ruin their careers. Every team has its holes, but a franchise QB can mask most of them. You still have picks in the 3rd round and down, after 3 or 4 years you have a full draft again and your QB still has 10 years ahead of him.

Old 12-24-2011, 10:14 PM
Spirit

Quote:
What have the 3 1st round plcks done yet?

You might not care but due diligence is how the good NFL FOs operate. FOs aren't always right and drafting a QB is not 100%, but what position is?

We'll have to see. The market and the team holding the #1 will decide what he's worth. I agree the price is steep, but worth it at a chance to get a franchise QB. You have to throw out some of the conventions of the draft when you understand how the league works on the field these days.
It's not worth it. That price is beyond steep and bordering on the edge of insanity.

Hi! My name is Salvatore

Old 12-24-2011, 10:23 PM
Medicine Man

Quote:
It's not worth it. That price is beyond steep and bordering on the edge of insanity.
Not paying it would be insanity. Your approach is just more of the same IMHO.

Old 12-24-2011, 10:24 PM
Scalper

Quote:
I may not agree with what we need first but I do agree with the spirit of the point - trade nothing for Luck or the Rams' Bradford. Bradford's STILL injury prone and I think we'll be in position to pick up RGIII - whom I believe is the best QB in the draft. Trade up for RGIII if we're within 1 or 2 spots... He has the Cam Newton dimension to his game and we know what that resulted in (for all the Cam non-believers from last year's draft - you know who you are).

Old 12-24-2011, 10:28 PM
Spirit

Quote:
You keep bringing up unproven players, which players are you planning to draft that are proven?

Its a QB league and unlike most positions, QBs can play at a high level after the age of 35 and most injuries will not ruin their careers. Every team has its holes, but a franchise QB can mask most of them. You still have picks in the 3rd round and down, after 3 or 4 years you have a full draft again and your QB still has 10 years ahead of him.
You're being ridiculous. You're really trying to justify trading 3 first round picks and 2 2nd round picks for one player, that's absurd. That should be the equivalent of 5 starters on your team. This type of thinking is what got the Redskins into the situation they're in to begin with. As soon as we do this moronic deal and Andrew Luck turns out to be a bust everyone will kill Shanny for the move, including yourself.

Hi! My name is Salvatore

Old 12-24-2011, 10:31 PM
Spirit

Quote:
Not paying it would be insanity. Your approach is just more of the same IMHO.
How is my approach more of the same? I'm suggesting we pass on trading 5 potential starters for 1 potential starter. You're being foolish and putting all your eggs in one basket with really no back-up plan if Luck bombs. I would never agree to this and the fact that fans wanted Cerrato gone yet are okaying an absolutely ridiculous move like this is hilarious to say the least.

Hi! My name is Salvatore

Old 12-24-2011, 10:33 PM
Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueOracle View Post
I may not agree with what we need first but I do agree with the spirit of the point - trade nothing for Luck or the Rams' Bradford. Bradford's STILL injury prone and I think we'll be in position to pick up RGIII - whom I believe is the best QB in the draft. Trade up for RGIII if we're within 1 or 2 spots... He has the Cam Newton dimension to his game and we know what that resulted in (for all the Cam non-believers from last year's draft - you know who you are).
I would love to have RGIII but he will cost us multiple first round picks as well. If we can get Bradford for one first round draft choice and keep the rest of our picks including next years first round draft choice then that would be ideal.

Hi! My name is Salvatore

Old 12-24-2011, 10:50 PM
Spirit

at this point we need to do what it takes to get our franchise qb. if its two first so be it at this point. qbs elevate the whole team. we need a long term franchise guy if we fix the oline get a wr a corner and can haslett and kyle we can really head in the right direction

Old 12-24-2011, 10:57 PM
Medicine Man

Quote:
You're being ridiculous. You're really trying to justify trading 3 first round picks and 2 2nd round picks for one player, that's absurd. That should be the equivalent of 5 starters on your team. This type of thinking is what got the Redskins into the situation they're in to begin with. As soon as we do this moronic deal and Andrew Luck turns out to be a bust everyone will kill Shanny for the move, including yourself.
I've explained my logic, so now its your turn to argue my points instead of going in circles, otherwise that's the max price I'd pay to acquire said players.