Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > the Cherokee Redskins Tribe

Old 01-06-2012, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bear View Post
there were a couple tweaks to the use of the franchise tag, cant use it and transition tag in the same season. and its calculated differently, no longer based on the avg of the top ten paid players at that position.

after some research i found these quotes from Jeff Pash

http://nflcommunications.com/2011/07...ce-transcript/

apparently theres a PDF of the new CBA on that site as well, but i didnt bother to check it out.

You are correct. I had a little time to dig into it this morning and came across this quote:

"if a player is coming off a season as a Tag player or had a very high salary number in his previous year, he is still protected, as the Tag will be 120% of his previous year’s number. And, although if a player is tagged three consecutive seasons he must have the highest Tag number available, there is no limitation on the number of consecutive uses of the Franchise Tag on the same player."

Also, I didn't realize that the Tag number is now average of the top 5 salaries at the position over the last 5 years. That effectively reduces the Tag number because it allows dated numbers to be used in the calculations. The article I came across showed how, at TE for example, Finley's tag number in 2011 would be $7.3 million and that number drops in 2012 to $5.4 million.
Just so I don't forget, I intend to remind the above poster about this quote.

Old 01-15-2012, 02:52 PM
Chief

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-tag-on-flynn/

i can't see them paying the guy more than they will rodgers,i don't care what this fella says!

But as sure as God made black and white what's done in the dark will be brought to the light"

“If you want to walk the heavenly streets of gold, you gotta know the password, “Roll, Tide, Roll!”

Paul"Bear"Bryant

Old 01-15-2012, 03:00 PM
Ghost Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGREDSKINSFAN1963 View Post
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-tag-on-flynn/

i can't see them paying the guy more than they will rodgers,i don't care what this fella says!
He's saying they won't.

Old 01-15-2012, 06:28 PM
Hunter

Other QBs that may not be free agents but we may have a chance at.

Carson Palmer
Jason Campbell (not that I want him but I am sure he will tell oakland to make a decision in which direction they want to go espically after his years here)
Kevin Kolb
John Skelton
Kyle Orton
Matt Cassel
David Garrard
Joe Webb

Just a few that would have to be traded for but may come very cheap in a trade.

really dont think we get rg3 or luck

Old 01-15-2012, 06:29 PM
Hunter

also would rather pick blackmon with 1st pick or move down and get alshon jeffery. if rg3 or luck is not there at 6

Old 01-15-2012, 07:04 PM
Ghost Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skins3 View Post
Other QBs that may not be free agents but we may have a chance at.

Carson Palmer
Jason Campbell (not that I want him but I am sure he will tell oakland to make a decision in which direction they want to go espically after his years here)
Kevin Kolb
John Skelton
Kyle Orton
Matt Cassel
David Garrard
Joe Webb

Just a few that would have to be traded for but may come very cheap in a trade.

really dont think we get rg3 or luck
I don't want any of those schmohawks. Flynn or RGIII are the only accpetable (realistic) answers.

Old 01-15-2012, 08:12 PM
Hunter

I would want Palmer. Then like before in the draft blackmon or move back pick up some more picks like last year get Alshon Jeffery and Tannehill(depending on foot) in 2nd rd. Let Palmer play a year or two then Tannehill takes over. We then would also have a #wr for Tannehill when he takes over as well as the growth of Hankerson we could be sitting pretty on offense with Helu and Royster even Hightower we could have a 3 or 4 headed monster. Yes a lot of variables but they are on the cusp and it spreads the load around. All our eggs are not in the Luck or RG3 basket. Also the load is not all on their shoulders.

I know we need a QB but we also need so much more then a QB. I think the falcons Lions Panthers Packers did it the right way built the team then brought the QB in.

Ryan already had Roddy White
Stafford already had Megatron
Rodgers already had Jennings Driver
Newton already had Steve Smith

no the panthers didnt make the playoffs but they have a pretty good foundation.

Old 01-16-2012, 09:13 AM
Medicine Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skins3 View Post
I would want Palmer. Then like before in the draft blackmon or move back pick up some more picks like last year get Alshon Jeffery and Tannehill(depending on foot) in 2nd rd. Let Palmer play a year or two then Tannehill takes over. We then would also have a #wr for Tannehill when he takes over as well as the growth of Hankerson we could be sitting pretty on offense with Helu and Royster even Hightower we could have a 3 or 4 headed monster. Yes a lot of variables but they are on the cusp and it spreads the load around. All our eggs are not in the Luck or RG3 basket. Also the load is not all on their shoulders.

I know we need a QB but we also need so much more then a QB. I think the falcons Lions Panthers Packers did it the right way built the team then brought the QB in.

Ryan already had Roddy White
Stafford already had Megatron
Rodgers already had Jennings Driver
Newton already had Steve Smith

no the panthers didnt make the playoffs but they have a pretty good foundation.
You got it all mapped out

Palmer (years removed from good), Gerrard(done & lazy), Orton(career place holder), and Campbell(been there)? I'd honestly rather bring in Manning and his limp arm.

Ideally your plan makes some sense, but we've had 20 ideal plans executed that have pretty much failed and producing a consistent winner.

Old 01-16-2012, 11:29 AM
Hunter

I think of the guys I listed Palmer or Cassel are the better option. The guys listed will be in QB situations where one person was the starter then due to injury another became the starter. So some teams maybe willing to trade or cut loose some of these guys.

Campbell would be the last I would want on the list. Palmer is more of a stop gap guy the Manning. If we get Manning then Manning goes when he wants to go or injury. Manning doesnt go when we want him to go. Palmer can be treated however.

Also know what your getting with Palmer. Flynn is still a ?. I wouldnt be disappointed with any QB move as long as Rex n Beck is at best 2nd string.

Old 01-16-2012, 11:31 AM
Healer

Tannehill will not make it out the first round.

Old 01-27-2012, 10:16 AM
Runner

Question for the finance guys:

Can we afford to sign Matt Flynn and a guy like Vincent Jackson?

If so, I think we need to do it and use our 1st pick on Morris Claiborne and have another draft like '11.

There is no way we could not improve if this happened. If Flynn is not the long-term answer there will be other RG3s and Matt Barkleys.

If we trade up for RG3 and he busts, it will be the final blow for this franchise and unfortunately I don't think we have a good enough team to put around him yet.

Old 01-27-2012, 10:33 AM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyskin View Post
Question for the finance guys:

Can we afford to sign Matt Flynn and a guy like Vincent Jackson?

If so, I think we need to do it and use our 1st pick on Morris Claiborne and have another draft like '11.
Depends on the salaries, but it is possible.

Quote:
There is no way we could not improve if this happened. If Flynn is not the long-term answer there will be other RG3s and Matt Barkleys.

If we trade up for RG3 and he busts, it will be the final blow for this franchise and unfortunately I don't think we have a good enough team to put around him yet.

Good thing that there's no chance Flynn is a bust lol.

Old 01-29-2012, 12:00 PM
Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhhorus View Post
Depends on the salaries, but it is possible.

Good thing that there's no chance Flynn is a bust lol.
But if Flynn busts we haven't wasted at top pick and the rest of our team will still be improved when we do find the right QB.

Old 01-29-2012, 12:12 PM
Great Spirit

Quote:
If we trade up for RG3 and he busts, it will be the final blow for this franchise
Hyperbole much?

Old 01-29-2012, 12:12 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
But if Flynn busts we haven't wasted at top pick and the rest of our team will still be improved when we do find the right QB.
If Flynn busts, it means that if the #6 pick busts, the skins are f*cked for a few years also. There's zero guarantee that Claiborne or whomever isn't as risky a pick as Griffin.