Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > the Cherokee Redskins Tribe

Old 02-02-2012, 10:02 PM
Moderator / 3 PEAT [2010-2011-2012] hR Fantasy NBA Champion

Orton and Rex huh, how'd that work out in Chicago lol. I mean if we draft Tannehill or maybe Weeden maybe it would be ok, maybe...and thats just me not wanting to lose draft picks talking. I think Ortons an upgrade over Rex but I want a guy drafted that could reasonably unseat Orton by year 2 lol.

"After three or four, in the huddle I said to Russ, 'Play along with me,' " Bostic said. "I got to the line, and I said to Randy White, 'Our coaching staff loves you. We're going to run it over you again.' Then on the next play Russ told him. Randy wasn't very happy, but after three or four times, he didn't say a word."

Old 02-02-2012, 11:46 PM
Grumpy Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCskinsfanatic View Post
Orton and Rex huh, how'd that work out in Chicago lol. I mean if we draft Tannehill or maybe Weeden maybe it would be ok, maybe...and thats just me not wanting to lose draft picks talking. I think Ortons an upgrade over Rex but I want a guy drafted that could reasonably unseat Orton by year 2 lol.
honestly, i dont want to EVER see Orton in a Redskins uniform.. same as John Friesz.. or Jeff Rutledge.. or a whole bunch of other guys who will, predictably, be losers

Old 02-03-2012, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shally View Post
honestly, i dont want to EVER see Orton in a Redskins uniform.. same as John Friesz.. or Jeff Rutledge.. or a whole bunch of other guys who will, predictably, be losers
I wouldn't have minded Orton for the 2011 season, but yea, I am not sure that makes a whole lot of sense for 2012 and beyond.

Like DJ said in another thread, this franchise owes us an attempt at a franchise QB through the draft.
Just so I don't forget, I intend to remind the above poster about this quote.

Old 02-03-2012, 07:13 AM
Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keino View Post
I wouldn't have minded Orton for the 2011 season, but yea, I am not sure that makes a whole lot of sense for 2012 and beyond.

Like DJ said in another thread, this franchise owes us an attempt at a franchise QB through the draft.
+1...I guess the last one was Joe Theisman...IMO If they pulled the trigger and went up to get RGIII, I would not have 1 problem with it.

the only problem I would have is that they would probably try to justify this by bringing Rex/Beck back which IMO would be a HUGE mistake. The QB position alone accounted for almost 30 turnovers this year...RIDICULOUS!!!
And we all know that he wold not play unless an injury or the season goes downhill.....I say say go get him and give him the keys....

May the LORD watch between me and thee, while we're abscent from one another....
May his peace be with you till we meet again my friend.

Amen

-Eric

Always count your blessings.

http://s939.photobucket.com/albums/a...1.jpg&newest=1

Old 02-03-2012, 08:52 AM
Grumpy Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethefan View Post
+1...I guess the last one was Joe Theisman...IMO If they pulled the trigger and went up to get RGIII, I would not have 1 problem with it.

the only problem I would have is that they would probably try to justify this by bringing Rex/Beck back which IMO would be a HUGE mistake. The QB position alone accounted for almost 30 turnovers this year...RIDICULOUS!!!
And we all know that he wold not play unless an injury or the season goes downhill.....I say say go get him and give him the keys....
we actually traded for Theisman, i believe.. he was originally drafted by the Dolphins and then went to Canada

Old 02-03-2012, 08:55 AM
Chief

My point is he was the last QB that was here for a number of years and actually delivered.

QB stability is paramount in the NFL...ask the winning teams

May the LORD watch between me and thee, while we're abscent from one another....
May his peace be with you till we meet again my friend.

Amen

-Eric

Always count your blessings.

http://s939.photobucket.com/albums/a...1.jpg&newest=1

Old 02-03-2012, 11:31 AM
Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by shally View Post
we actually traded for Theisman, i believe.. he was originally drafted by the Dolphins and then went to Canada
Sure did. he returned punts a few years before jack pardee cut kilmer,and named him the starter.

add another name to the future potential skins qb next year.
http://www.hogshaven.com/2012/1/31/2...be-a-fit-in-dc

Forgiveness is the fragrance the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it."
—Mark Twain

“If you want to walk the heavenly streets of gold, you gotta know the password, “Roll, Tide, Roll!”

Paul"Bear"Bryant

Old 02-03-2012, 09:41 PM
Spirit

If you want a franchise QB then you have to take risks to get him. Look at all the teams that drafted failures like Leaf, Shuler, etc. In the Snyderrato era the team cheaped out on the QB position and look what it got us.