Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hR General Discussion Forums > Apache Off Topic Tribe

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

  #76  
Old 02-11-2012, 06:40 AM
JasonCampbell's Avatar
JasonCampbell JasonCampbell is offline
Ghost Dancer
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 4,337
Default

Spammer with a timely bump, lol. This starts back up again Sunday.
__________________
No s, just Larry Michael.
Reply With Quote

  #77  
Old 02-12-2012, 02:21 PM
VegasSkinsFan VegasSkinsFan is online now
Shaman
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 5,411
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonCampbell View Post
Spammer with a timely bump, lol. This starts back up again Sunday.
Also saw that WD was picked up for a 3rd season with 16 episodes
Reply With Quote

  #78  
Old 03-08-2012, 02:48 PM
RedskinRyan's Avatar
RedskinRyan RedskinRyan is offline
Great Spirit
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Posts: 14,108
Default

Walking Dead is close to my favorite show out currently. Breaking Bad would hold that distinction. Or any "Verb"-ing "Noun" show, (if that's the correct English)
Reply With Quote

  #79  
Old 03-08-2012, 05:37 PM
JasonCampbell's Avatar
JasonCampbell JasonCampbell is offline
Ghost Dancer
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 4,337
Default

This is the only show I've spent a significant amount of time with (seen every episode) in which I do not care at all about the characters. Any of them (except for maybe Shane) could be zombie chow and I wouldn't mind.
__________________
No s, just Larry Michael.
Reply With Quote

  #80  
Old 03-09-2012, 11:09 AM
guess88's Avatar
guess88 guess88 is offline
Healer
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Centreville
Posts: 3,382
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonCampbell View Post
This is the only show I've spent a significant amount of time with (seen every episode) in which I do not care at all about the characters. Any of them (except for maybe Shane) could be zombie chow and I wouldn't mind.
That's interesting. I think a part of the appeal of a well written zombie story is that any of the characters that you do like could die at anytime. In a group setting like TWD, Rick might be the only clearly defined protagonist, but that who knows? Shane is definitely susceptible to being zombie chow. His role in the comic books are much more limited than the TV show.
__________________
Please Baby Jesus make this happen...
Reply With Quote

  #81  
Old 03-09-2012, 02:41 PM
JasonCampbell's Avatar
JasonCampbell JasonCampbell is offline
Ghost Dancer
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 4,337
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by guess88 View Post
That's interesting. I think a part of the appeal of a well written zombie story is that any of the characters that you do like could die at anytime. In a group setting like TWD, Rick might be the only clearly defined protagonist, but that who knows? Shane is definitely susceptible to being zombie chow. His role in the comic books are much more limited than the TV show.
Sure, Rick's the protagonist, but he makes the most idiotic decisions. Saving that kid was LOL worthy.
__________________
No s, just Larry Michael.
Reply With Quote

  #82  
Old 03-09-2012, 03:46 PM
Sweepea436's Avatar
Sweepea436 Sweepea436 is offline
Comanchero
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Las Vegas (Now)
Posts: 1,586
Default

Love the show, but that CAN'T be the only farm capable of sustaining. It seems like they could've saved alot of heartache if they'd have just gone down the road a bit and checked out the old Smith ranch!
Reply With Quote

  #83  
Old 03-10-2012, 05:40 PM
redskin_rich's Avatar
redskin_rich redskin_rich is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Trying to see the light at the end of the tunnel
Posts: 21,754
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonCampbell View Post
Sure, Rick's the protagonist, but he makes the most idiotic decisions. Saving that kid was LOL worthy.
It served a purpose, now they know without a doubt that this other group is malevolent.

I was sad to see Dale die. Every time someone goes out alone, something bad happens.
__________________
Anyone who isn't confused really doesn't understand the situation.
-- Edward R. Murrow

There are no mistakes, just happy accidents.
-- Bob Ross
Reply With Quote

  #84  
Old 03-10-2012, 07:01 PM
JasonCampbell's Avatar
JasonCampbell JasonCampbell is offline
Ghost Dancer
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 4,337
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redskin_rich View Post
It served a purpose, now they know without a doubt that this other group is malevolent.

I was sad to see Dale die. Every time someone goes out alone, something bad happens.
Having the other group shoot at them didn't do that for you? Having the two guys in the bar that Rick ended up killing talking about women they way they didn't do that for you? It was pretty clear from the get go they were the "bad guys."

The only purpose it showed me is that Rick is what he is. He's not capable of being a leader in the zombie world. If he wasn't the "hero," he'd be a zombie meal before too long. He's too nice. We need more Shane's.
__________________
No s, just Larry Michael.
Reply With Quote

  #85  
Old 03-10-2012, 07:17 PM
redskin_rich's Avatar
redskin_rich redskin_rich is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Trying to see the light at the end of the tunnel
Posts: 21,754
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonCampbell View Post
Having the other group shoot at them didn't do that for you? Having the two guys in the bar that Rick ended up killing talking about women they way they didn't do that for you? It was pretty clear from the get go they were the "bad guys."

The only purpose it showed me is that Rick is what he is. He's not capable of being a leader in the zombie world. If he wasn't the "hero," he'd be a zombie meal before too long. He's too nice. We need more Shane's.
I disagree. Rick was decisive when he took out the two in the bar but that wasn't enough to consider them all hostile. The other group shot after they found out their's were killed.

Shane will be killed this season. Probably not until the last episode, the way they do this show but I guarantee that Shane is a goner. Who kills him is the question. I think it will be either Lori or Andrea.
__________________
Anyone who isn't confused really doesn't understand the situation.
-- Edward R. Murrow

There are no mistakes, just happy accidents.
-- Bob Ross
Reply With Quote

  #86  
Old 03-10-2012, 07:57 PM
Death_Venom's Avatar
Death_Venom Death_Venom is offline
Warrior
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Redlands CA.
Posts: 2,432
Question

I have to wonder if they will deviate at all from the comic book series?
__________________
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2013 NFC EAST CHAMPIONS!!!!
Reply With Quote

  #87  
Old 03-10-2012, 11:17 PM
guess88's Avatar
guess88 guess88 is offline
Healer
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Centreville
Posts: 3,382
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death_Venom View Post
I have to wonder if they will deviate at all from the comic book series?

***COMIC SPOILER***
I've only read a few issues of the comic, but from my understanding they did since season 1. Haven't read the issue yet, but I've been told that Shane dies pretty early on in the comic and is a much smaller character in the entire storyline. Daryl isn't even in the comic and was introduced for the TV show. There's probably a lot more, but those are the changes that I know of. Also, I remember on Talking Dead they mentioned something about how Sophia's death affecting Carl being different. Maybe just a timing thing, because Carl seems to be going down a dark path.
__________________
Please Baby Jesus make this happen...
Reply With Quote

  #88  
Old 03-10-2012, 11:38 PM
Death_Venom's Avatar
Death_Venom Death_Venom is offline
Warrior
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Redlands CA.
Posts: 2,432
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by guess88 View Post
***COMIC SPOILER***
I've only read a few issues of the comic, but from my understanding they did since season 1. Haven't read the issue yet, but I've been told that Shane dies pretty early on in the comic and is a much smaller character in the entire storyline. Daryl isn't even in the comic and was introduced for the TV show. There's probably a lot more, but those are the changes that I know of. Also, I remember on Talking Dead they mentioned something about how Sophia's death affecting Carl being different. Maybe just a timing thing, because Carl seems to be going down a dark path.
Those are minor deviations. I am curious as too how much liberty the Robert Kirkman, the author of the comics has given them.
__________________
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2013 NFC EAST CHAMPIONS!!!!
Reply With Quote

  #89  
Old 03-10-2012, 11:39 PM
guess88's Avatar
guess88 guess88 is offline
Healer
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Centreville
Posts: 3,382
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonCampbell View Post
Having the other group shoot at them didn't do that for you? Having the two guys in the bar that Rick ended up killing talking about women they way they didn't do that for you? It was pretty clear from the get go they were the "bad guys."

The only purpose it showed me is that Rick is what he is. He's not capable of being a leader in the zombie world. If he wasn't the "hero," he'd be a zombie meal before too long. He's too nice. We need more Shane's.
***SEASON 2 SPOILERS***
Shane makes for good entertainment, but he'd lead the group to their death. He talks big, and generally acts it, but when it comes down to tough decisions his mind is set to cut off your losses and run. In the barn scene where they found Sophia, he spent the whole time at there protesting the fact that Marshall kept walkers, how they're not human, and how silly it is for Marshall to keep some sentimental value towards them. But when Sophia came out as a zombie he couldn't finish the job. He froze. He was put in Marshall's shoes and couldn't make the action needed that he's been all riled up about the whole time. Rick did.

In times of despair, which is certainly great during an apocalypse, you NEED to keep a sense of humanity. That's what Dale was making such a great deal about before he died. The world is what you make it, and at some point you have to decide what kind of society you want to live in. Rick still follows "innocent until proven guilty." Shane is more shoot first, and screw the questions later.
__________________
Please Baby Jesus make this happen...

Last edited by guess88 : 03-10-2012 at 11:54 PM.
Reply With Quote

  #90  
Old 03-10-2012, 11:52 PM
guess88's Avatar
guess88 guess88 is offline
Healer
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Centreville
Posts: 3,382
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death_Venom View Post
Those are minor deviations. I am curious as too how much liberty the Robert Kirkman, the author of the comics has given them.
That's a good question, though I'm not sure Shane dying early on is a minor deviation. He's been playing a pivotal role in the TV show so far. From what I've read Kirkman is actively involved with the show, and is the exec. producer after all. I'd say he has major influence, and they'd be fools to not take it.

Kirkman is listed as a writer for the show on IMDB (amongst several others), and judging by his interviews he seems to be pretty involved with the storyline.

Kirkman Interview
__________________
Please Baby Jesus make this happen...
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:31 PM.


vBulletin skin developed by: eXtremepixels
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
| Home | Register | FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Today's Posts | Search | New Posts |