Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > Mohican Draft Tribe

Old 02-22-2012, 02:21 PM
Chief

i think that if tannehill is still there when new england picks in round 1,shanny offers them our second and 3rd this year to move up and take him.

But as sure as God made black and white what's done in the dark will be brought to the light"

“If you want to walk the heavenly streets of gold, you gotta know the password, “Roll, Tide, Roll!”

Paul"Bear"Bryant

Old 02-22-2012, 02:25 PM
Grumpy Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGREDSKINSFAN1963 View Post
i think that if tannehill is still there when new england picks in round 1,shanny offers them our second and 3rd this year to move up and take him.
he will be a top 15 pick.. maybe even top 10...

Old 02-22-2012, 02:27 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shally View Post
i could see Hoyer for a 3rd or 4th, and then take Tannehill to groom behind him
Nah, trade for Hoyer and sign a vet to backstop him(not named Rex or Beck). I'd rather go with him for that price then Tannehill or Weeden.

Old 02-22-2012, 02:37 PM
Chief

Quote:
he will be a top 15 pick.. maybe even top 10...
He's moving up that fast? last i heard,he had a broken foot,and was rolling down the hill with jack and jill!

But as sure as God made black and white what's done in the dark will be brought to the light"

“If you want to walk the heavenly streets of gold, you gotta know the password, “Roll, Tide, Roll!”

Paul"Bear"Bryant

Old 02-22-2012, 02:39 PM
Healer

Quote:
who do they have behind Smith ? and Kapernicks deal is a for a second round player.. very team friendly.. again, he is going nowhere
Scott Tolzein is their other QB and he actually looked a lot better than Kaepernick in the pre-season, granted that was for San Diego but still. Anyway I agree with you that there's nothing that forces the Niners to do anything with Kaep if they sign Smith...he's a cheap young backup that needs time anyway.

Quote:
the issue with Hoyer is that he is RESTRICTED-- as opposed to Flynn.. teams wont give up a #2 for him based upon what he has done.. i think it is folly to pay that kind of price for a player like him
I've read a few articles that suggest that the Pats are going to assign Hoyer the highest RFA tag, which would be a first rounder in compensation ($2.7mill for one year that they can afford). They seem to like Mallett but feel he isn't anwhere near ready so they want Hoyer for one more year in the event Brady gets dinged or his gimpy left shoulder takes more abuse. I'm sure they could be convinced but it would seem that it'd take more than just a 3/4 round pick.

Old 02-22-2012, 03:18 PM
Grumpy Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe View Post
Scott Tolzein is their other QB and he actually looked a lot better than Kaepernick in the pre-season, granted that was for San Diego but still. Anyway I agree with you that there's nothing that forces the Niners to do anything with Kaep if they sign Smith...he's a cheap young backup that needs time anyway.

I've read a few articles that suggest that the Pats are going to assign Hoyer the highest RFA tag, which would be a first rounder in compensation ($2.7mill for one year that they can afford). They seem to like Mallett but feel he isn't anwhere near ready so they want Hoyer for one more year in the event Brady gets dinged or his gimpy left shoulder takes more abuse. I'm sure they could be convinced but it would seem that it'd take more than just a 3/4 round pick.
then they can keep him.. they have a way of making backups look far better than they actually are