Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > the Cherokee Redskins Tribe

Old 02-23-2012, 08:50 PM
Medicine Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bear View Post

also, landry appears to be holding some sort of supplement container in one of the pictures. i take it thats what helped him bulk up. would he be stupid enough to take a picture with a banned substance? that would be really dumb. i think he is just into working out a lot.

maybe those pictures, are a subtle attempt to show other teams what kind of shape he is in...
The last OTC supplement i recall actually getting legit results was hot stuff and they pulled the original ingredients once they found out what was in it. The other stuff they put in will not get you to that size. The protein, creatine, and whatever other fad is out there now is just a bunch of of twisted science, overexeggerated claims of steriod-like results based on more is better, when in fact it is not. Your body will absorb what it can and piss away the excess. If you want to save your money filter out the urea from your pee and use the filtrate to make another shake, or you can save your kidneys the mileage and leave the supplements on the counter. I recommend the latter.

Quote:
so youre attributing an achilles injury to using steroids? wow...Merriman went down hill when he hurt his knee in SD(where he was busted for PEDs), whats his achilles in buffalo(where he is probably heavily tested and clean) got to do with that?
Steroids are known to cause growth more rapidly in muscles than in tendons. Its like putting more people in a tug of war contest and leaving the rope the same tensile strength. At some point when enough people are added the rope will snap like a string of floss just like an overly devloped muscle tugging on an underdeveloped tendon.

Old 02-23-2012, 09:11 PM
Ghost Dancer

i actually like Laron, but right or wrong, love or hate, i see stuff like this and what comes to mind....

david boston

Old 02-23-2012, 09:16 PM
Papoose

Bottom line is, this guy hasn't produced in 2 years. Good run stopper yes, but sucks in coverage. Now, he bulks up like a LB and wants a big check to play safety for another six games. I really question LLs mental aptitude. I'd dump him..without hesitation

Time to rid this team of non-producers

Old 02-24-2012, 07:12 AM
hR Owner

I smell another Carlos Rogers. Excels when he leaves.

Old 02-24-2012, 08:21 AM
Brave

Quote:
Originally Posted by hail2skins View Post

Even worse if he goes to Dallass.

Laron should have grown into that leader on Defense by now.

Old 02-24-2012, 09:07 AM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatest2 View Post
i actually like Laron, but right or wrong, love or hate, i see stuff like this and what comes to mind....

david boston
I was just about to post the exact same thing

http://www.hailredskins.com/vbforum/...light=shanahan

Old 02-24-2012, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYSkinFan View Post
I was just about to post the exact same thing
Click me
Just so I don't forget, I intend to remind the above poster about this quote.

Old 02-24-2012, 09:33 AM
Scalper

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasSkinsFan View Post
Its embarrasing that I know that its WWE, not WWF.
No need be be embarrassed. Here's my geek moment. I noticed someone highlighted the part about Landry surrounding himself with mirrors and mentioning Vince would sign him. I just wanna point out that Vince already used the mirror gimmick with "The Narcissist" Lex Luger.
We don't do anything to put our guys in position to succeed. Up tempo gets us a 14 point lead. So we stop doing it. I would literally prefer someone have ask Madden up on an Xbox on the sideline to call our plays.

Old 02-24-2012, 09:48 AM
Healer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmanouel8 View Post
The last OTC supplement i recall actually getting legit results was hot stuff and they pulled the original ingredients once they found out what was in it. The other stuff they put in will not get you to that size. The protein, creatine, and whatever other fad is out there now is just a bunch of of twisted science, overexeggerated claims of steriod-like results based on more is better, when in fact it is not. Your body will absorb what it can and piss away the excess. If you want to save your money filter out the urea from your pee and use the filtrate to make another shake, or you can save your kidneys the mileage and leave the supplements on the counter. I recommend the latter.

Steroids are known to cause growth more rapidly in muscles than in tendons. Its like putting more people in a tug of war contest and leaving the rope the same tensile strength. At some point when enough people are added the rope will snap like a string of floss just like an overly devloped muscle tugging on an underdeveloped tendon.
Your body will absorb and piss out the excess of protein?

Weird. I guess everyone in the world would be the same weight if that were true. How do you know the guy doesn't eat DOUBLE the amount of protein a regular person eats? Maybe he is good at his diet? Ever think of that?

The dude makes millions. He can afford any diet he wants, when he wants it.

I guess there is no way in the world a guy can be over 6 foot tall and weigh 250lbs without a steroid...

Old 02-24-2012, 12:13 PM
Sachem

Quote:
Originally Posted by hail2skins View Post
I don't buy that. This isn't a guy who is healthy who just needs a change of scenery. His negligence with this achilles issue will be his undoing. Until that's worked out, he's just a guy who will play 5-7 games a year until he inevitably gets put on IR.

Even when healthy, he has his issues.

Old 02-24-2012, 12:15 PM
Healer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsMaViSd View Post

Weird. I guess everyone in the world would be the same weight if that were true. How do you know the guy doesn't eat DOUBLE the amount of protein a regular person eats? Maybe he is good at his diet? Ever think of that?

I guess there is no way in the world a guy can be over 6 foot tall and weigh 250lbs without a steroid...
I remember last season he tweeted photos of the steak he ordered from room service at like 1am because he had just finished working out and this was a road game. He's a reknowned gym rat and while the possibility that he tweaking with something is always there, he's always been big and always been a guy who lives in the gym.

Old 02-24-2012, 12:24 PM
Ghost Dancer

Quote:

The body can only absorb so much protein at a time. The proper way to add muscle is to make sure you are reaching your maximum intake level (around 50 grams) every few hours thrughout the day. That's why shakes are particularly helpful, each of those are around 50 grams and are excellent for in between meals. Its also critical to get a full dose of protein as close to immediately after your workout as possible.

Lot of misinformation in this thread. Supplements have their place, but what he's doing? My guess is it's not all-natual.

Old 02-24-2012, 01:15 PM
Shaman

I have been pointing out these same issues for years. Whether he is on PEDs is hard to know, but Achilles problems are common for steroid users.

Either way I think he values looking good more than playing well. Clearly he is a dedicated individual, he just doesn't seem dedicated to football. If he studied the game and honed his craft as hard as he worked on his triceps he might be a great player. I say too bad and good riddance.

I am just still pissed off we didn't trade him in the last couple years and get something useful out of him.

Old 02-24-2012, 02:20 PM
Medicine Man

Quote:
Yes

Quote:
Is it weird? What do you suppose happens when you consume too much protein? It goes straight to your muscles? The fact is protein metabolism like anything is not 100% efficient and despite what your local GNC salesman says proteins are used for all kinds of other things not muscle related.

How I know eating double the amount of protein a regular person eats doesn't equate to double, or anything close, of muscle mass is personal experience, career experience, as well as courses in human A&P, analytical chemistry, physical chemistry, organic chemistry, inorganic chemistry, biochemistry, protein biochemistry, genetics, molecular genetics, and others.

The amount of protein you consume simply doesn't go straight to your muscles. Proteins are digested into amino acids which then get "remodeled" into proteins the body needs using DNA. The body has to triage the proteins you consume to make cell structures, hormones, antibodies, muscles etc. Meanwhile there are enzymatic and cyclic restrictions as to how much rerouting of proteins into muscle building, one way to bypass these restrictions is anabolic steroids.

Yes, when you work out you increase your bodies ability to take in more but not to the level your thinking of. I don't care what kind of diet the individual has there's only so much natural measures can do. The human body did not evolve for body building.

[quote]
The dude makes millions. He can afford any diet he wants, when he wants it.[/quote}

Yes he can. Did I say he couldn't?

Quote:
Sure, there are a lot of ways depending on how much over 6 feet that individual is. Examples off the top of my head include the big mac and pizza diets.

Old 02-24-2012, 04:53 PM
Shaman

Maybe he just ate a can of spinach right before the picture was taken. Toot toot!