Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hR Archives and Help Desk > Archive Forum

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 05:00 PM
Comanchero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death_Venom View Post
Although I think the NFL screwed the pooch on this one I do not see a quick resolution to this anytime soon. At best it will be resolved possibly mid-season-and should the Redskins & Cowboys win this the cap (possibly extra) will be granted us next season.
Yea...agreed, but the league also does not want to deal with this for obvious reasons. Argue the Haynesworth punishment (as i mentioned earlier in the thread.) Even if it is just halved, take the hit this year and just get it over with, but I would 'not' let it go. Do something though, this is BS...

The owners who pushed this through aren't going to let this go. The skins/girls can possibly beat this, but will cause the league as a whole issues by doing it. The "if you screw us, we'll screw you all" approach to this. Hopefully there is a deal worked out, where the old guard feel like they screwed Snyder/jones, but the penalty/fine is lessened. Give back/take-away the 5th round pick from the patriots in next years draft and make that the punishment for Haynesworth. It's not really worth poking a hornets nest when you have to work under it.

I've calmed a bit on it all, but its still complete BS. Just do something about next year please, no reason to take it all.

Old 03-15-2012, 05:02 PM
Sentinel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer Ted View Post
I don' think the cheapass owners of the league would have gone along with punishing all of the violators. As it is, they've pulled a good prank on their two most hated owners (mostly Snyder), and it's costing each owner about $1.5 million, which isn't so bad. But, let's say that a broad net caught a total of 20 teams working the system in 2010 for a total of $60 million. Then, the 12 remaining tightwads would have to kick in $5 million apiece for what amounts to a practical joke amonst billionaire douchelords. Suddenly, the joke isn't so funny.
Yours is one of the better characterizations I've heard of this little drama. No matter how it all shakes out the "old boys" have at least temporarily put a crimp in the Redskins ability to fill a number of holes this year. Essentially Danny was de-pants in the locker room and left with a big blob of Icy Hot smeared on his junk.

I'm not sure the "old boys" actually expected so much push back from some members of the media, or that public outrage would reach the level that it has, but que sera, it's done.

I don't think Danny will go nuclear on the league and try to attack them on Anti-Trust issues. He's part of the league and it's overall health and strength is a big part of his. I think, now that they've had there laugh, it's more likely that the league will back off just a little. Maybe spread the remaining 18 mill over a longer period of time.

It is a shame that the fans are getting screwed as part of the fall out of this...As usual.

Old 03-15-2012, 09:51 PM
Warrior

Dan Snyder, Redskins learn that in NFL, punishment doesn’t fit crime

Good for you, Dan Snyder and Jerry Jones!

Did I just write that? Have my fingers decided to operate outside the rules of my brain? Or rather, the implied, wink-wink nudge-nudge agreement with my brain? Are my fingers, in fact, 10 little Dan Snyders, working naughtily and independently of their overlord?

This comes from the post and i do agree.

Link http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports...SES_story.html

Old 03-16-2012, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keino View Post
So you don't think the NFL is correct, but you refuse to support Snyder. What was agreed upon was the cba. No outside agreements (and I don't stipulate there was one) matter here. Your position is ridiculous. Right is right whether or not you personally like the guy or not.
Oh you're right... There can never be a situation where both sides are wrong?? Got it.

Snyder is a douche... But even if it was JKC, you would have to expect the aNfl is coming after you? He should have gone rogue in a smarter way than just think the other owners would let it pass... Lawyer up immediately

Old 03-16-2012, 09:23 PM
Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoak View Post
Oh you're right... There can never be a situation where both sides are wrong?? Got it.

Snyder is a douche... But even if it was JKC, you would have to expect the aNfl is coming after you? He should have gone rogue in a smarter way than just think the other owners would let it pass... Lawyer up immediately
Smoak is just anti-Synder at every level-even if Synder is not in the wrong.

Old 03-17-2012, 10:57 AM
Buck

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...over-cap-mess/

It ain't over yet....

"Card-carrying Member of the HailRedskins Old Farts Club"

Old 03-17-2012, 12:05 PM
Sentinel

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane88 View Post
Sounds like negotiations with the league to get the hit reduced haven't gone well. Time to start rattling sabre's.

Old 03-17-2012, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoak View Post

Only that's not at all what you said. You said that the NFL is wrong but you just won't support Snyder. There was no point in the post I was responding to in which you indicated you thought both sides were wrong.

Gone rogue by following the written rules of the league? Going rogue by not agreeing to following the rest of the owners' lead by enaaging in an illegally collusive practice when ALL of the rules governing these things are in the collective bargaining agreement?

I get it, you hate Snyder....but that fact doesn't make him wrong in this instance.
Just so I don't forget, I intend to remind the above poster about this quote.

Old 03-18-2012, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death_Venom View Post
Smoak is just anti-Synder at every level-even if Synder is not in the wrong.
True I kinda hope this leads to his leaving...

But I do think he is wrong in the way he went about it... Or at least he isn't completely blameless. If my wife asked me not to do something like say go out to a bar with my buddies until 1:00 a.m., I am going to acknowledge her concern and respect her as a peer in our marriage. Then I am going to explain why I am going out to the bar. The last thing I would ever do is agree with her and then go to the bar regardless.

But yeah I hate Snyder a lot.

Old 03-18-2012, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keino View Post
Only that's not at all what you said. You said that the NFL is wrong but you just won't support Snyder. There was no point in the post I was responding to in which you indicated you thought both sides were wrong.

Gone rogue by following the written rules of the league? Going rogue by not agreeing to following the rest of the owners' lead by enaaging in an illegally collusive practice when ALL of the rules governing these things are in the collective bargaining agreement?

I get it, you hate Snyder....but that fact doesn't make him wrong in this instance.
I am completely self-aware to the point where I know I have an opinion that is biased on some external (unrelated) factor...

But even removing that bias, I don't think Snyder is blameless here. It'll be fun to see it play out.

Old 03-18-2012, 12:33 PM
Chief

when big money collides there are no victims.they'll settle this before it goes into the legal system.probably the main topic of discussion at the owners meetings.

Forgiveness is the fragrance the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it."
—Mark Twain

“If you want to walk the heavenly streets of gold, you gotta know the password, “Roll, Tide, Roll!”

Paul"Bear"Bryant

please see this link from Yahoo today
Old 03-22-2012, 01:16 PM
2008/2009/2010 Fantasy Golf Champ!!

Default please see this link from Yahoo today

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...cowboys_032212

somehow all of this has to play out to the Skins advantage -- good article

Old 03-22-2012, 05:09 PM
Great Spirit

Interesting:

Quote:
As the league calculated the 2012 salary cap, a strict interpretation of the complex revenue sharing rules would have made the salary cap somewhere between $113 million and $117 million. That would have been a precipitous drop from the $120 million it was last year. The league agreed to raise the cap to $120.6 million if the NFLPA would agree to a $46 million reduction in the caps for Dallas ($10 million) and Washington ($36 million). The penalties are for supposed overspending in the uncapped year of 2010.

The money reduced from the salary caps of those two teams would be spread among other NFL teams, a total of $1.6 million per team.

I’m not a math major but if the cap was to be a maximum of $117 million before the “adjustment”, how did the $1.6 million get it all the way up $120.6 million? It should have been a maximum of $118.6 million, right? Or, if you use the lower figure, it should be $113 million plus the $1.6 million from the reductions for a total of $114.6 million.

That means that the salary cap was anywhere from $2 million to $6 million higher per team than they should have been after the cap penalties

So, to get this done, the owners (or whoever made this decision; that is murky at the present time) agreed to establish salary caps for the 32 teams that were an aggregate $64 million to $192 million over what the CBA said that they needed to.
http://www.realredskins.com/rich-tan...s-cowboys.html

Old 03-25-2012, 11:39 AM
Chief

As I expected and told you folks a week or so ago, the challenge is going to be to the NFL's ability to even inflict punishment. The league had no authority to do so, so the PA and the commissioner came together and unilaterally created the authority. Good luck making that stand up.

I am typically not one for predictions on legal issues as there are too many variables. I can't tell you how many times my own cases have not gone as expected. But I would guess they either come up with a compromise during the owner meetings, or if this plays out the arbitrator sides with the skins and boys.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...nst-nfl-nflpa/

Old 03-25-2012, 12:04 PM
Chief

PFT is saying that this is the main reason the skins have'nt resigned fletcher and other free agents.i can't believe that the skins and pokes did not see this coming,can anyone else?

Forgiveness is the fragrance the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it."
—Mark Twain

“If you want to walk the heavenly streets of gold, you gotta know the password, “Roll, Tide, Roll!”

Paul"Bear"Bryant
Closed Thread