Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > the Cherokee Redskins Tribe

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

  #46  
Old 03-23-2012, 02:56 PM
JoeJacksonTaylor28's Avatar
JoeJacksonTaylor28 JoeJacksonTaylor28 is offline
hR Staff/Spanish Translation
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 7,550
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhhorus View Post
Then challenge it. But realize that if the arbitrator rules that the skins did circumvent the cap(but the punishment wasn't allowed), the "win" could be worse then just taking the cap reductions
How could they possibly circumvent a non-existing cap?
__________________

"You can't be scared of death. When that time comes, it comes. I've been blessed. God looked out for me. I'm happy."
- Sean Taylor
Reply With Quote

  #47  
Old 03-23-2012, 03:00 PM
DaveKShape's Avatar
DaveKShape DaveKShape is offline
Sachem
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,831
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJacksonTaylor28 View Post
How could they possibly circumvent a non-existing cap?
__________________
May the Eagles toil for eternity in a pit of fire and snakes.
Reply With Quote

  #48  
Old 03-23-2012, 03:06 PM
akhhorus's Avatar
akhhorus akhhorus is offline
hR Staff Writer
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Monty Burns County
Posts: 61,242
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJacksonTaylor28 View Post
How could they possibly circumvent a non-existing cap?
Because they're accused of circumventing the cap in 2011/12 by moving money from 2011/2 to 2010 illegally.
__________________
Thanks for everything Johnny White Guy.
Reply With Quote

  #49  
Old 03-23-2012, 03:26 PM
Emmanouel8's Avatar
Emmanouel8 Emmanouel8 is offline
Medicine Man
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 4,621
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhhorus View Post
Because they're accused of circumventing the cap in 2011/12 by moving money from 2011/2 to 2010 illegally.
Legally. The league said the redskins did nothing wrong, they said the cap modification was a result of a 'competitive advantage,' which is hog wash. Tampa had more cap space than we did because they "circumvented" the floor. There was no vote, no documentation, and no equity in the cap restructuring based on their reasoning, so it is a complete sham.
Reply With Quote

  #50  
Old 03-23-2012, 03:29 PM
akhhorus's Avatar
akhhorus akhhorus is offline
hR Staff Writer
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Monty Burns County
Posts: 61,242
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmanouel8 View Post
Legally. The league said the redskins did nothing wrong, they said the cap modification was a result of a 'competitive advantage,' which is hog wash. Tampa had more cap space than we did because they "circumvented" the floor. There was no vote, no documentation, and no equity in the cap restructuring based on their reasoning, so it is a complete sham.
No, they said moving the money around in a way to avoid ever being charged against the cap for it was a competitive disadvantage. If the skins had just converted that 36 million into bonus money for 2010, it would have added a total of 6ish million yearly against the cap for the life of the contracts and it would have been totally legal. In retrospect, what should the skins have done?
__________________
Thanks for everything Johnny White Guy.
Reply With Quote

  #51  
Old 03-23-2012, 03:52 PM
Emmanouel8's Avatar
Emmanouel8 Emmanouel8 is offline
Medicine Man
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 4,621
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhhorus View Post
No, they said moving the money around in a way to avoid ever being charged against the cap for it was a competitive disadvantage.
Fine, but it was legal and the judgement is the interpretation of a committee.

Quote:
If the skins had just converted that 36 million into bonus money for 2010, it would have added a total of 6ish million yearly against the cap for the life of the contracts and it would have been totally legal. In retrospect, what should the skins have done?
Yes that is an alternative, but is useless at this point. Seriously, I wouldn't do a thing differently, without knowing all of the dynamics behind the scenes. We exploited the uncapped year.

We can agree to disagree on this.
Reply With Quote

  #52  
Old 03-23-2012, 04:17 PM
Keino's Avatar
Keino Keino is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 24,236
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhhorus View Post

I wouldn't get my hopes up about the arbitrator.

On what legal basis would an Arbitrator consider more than the 4 corners of the governing document (CBA) of the league? Businesses are allowed to rely upon the written rules of their industry, especially when they have been collectively bargained for with labor.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsSwag2 View Post
Long will never start for us and neither will the kid from stanford. We fot fleecsd .....moses wont start either there is a reason he fell so far. Sosorry this draft has disaster written all over it
Just so I don't forget, I intend to remind the above poster about this quote.
Reply With Quote

  #53  
Old 03-23-2012, 06:10 PM
jaylen's Avatar
jaylen jaylen is offline
Shaman
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 6,348
Default

Man I can't beliee we're gonna probably end up with Jamal brown again at RT.
Reply With Quote

  #54  
Old 03-23-2012, 06:19 PM
shally's Avatar
shally shally is offline
Grumpy Old Man
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: new orleans, now the palm springs of washington
Posts: 59,201
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaylen View Post
Man I can't beliee we're gonna probably end up with Jamal brown again at RT.
if he is truly HEALTHY, he is an excellent 1 year stop gap while Willie Smith learns the pro game.. and we could use the 3rd or one of the 4th round picks for another OL player.. that is the issue, and Shanahan has put it squarely on Brown, he has to be healthy
__________________
Reply With Quote

  #55  
Old 03-23-2012, 07:18 PM
Gravy's Avatar
Gravy Gravy is offline
Sentinel
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: I'm now in Cornhusker Country
Posts: 1,849
Default

Well I'm bored...first couple of hours we got Pierre G and Josh M...in the following days we added Ced Grif and Brandon M...resigned Adam C, Kory L, and Rex (joy!). And now we are just silent...nothing going! I am assuming its because of the whole cap crap. And we still have a over month before the draft.
Reply With Quote

  #56  
Old 03-23-2012, 07:44 PM
colkurtz's Avatar
colkurtz colkurtz is offline
Spirit
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Dublin, PA
Posts: 9,355
Default

The whole Cap restriction issue just shows the depth of dislike or even hate that almost all the NFL owners have for Snyder. If this team ever wins a SB it will be in spite of Snyder. Being a PR agent for Snyder must be a nightmare.

I think the team is being cautious in FA due to the money cap. Even with RGIII we still have many slots to fill, with limited money and limited draft picks. The good news is the previous off-season the team did well in the draft and in FA. We need that to happen again this season.
Reply With Quote

  #57  
Old 03-23-2012, 08:22 PM
Chief Redskin's Avatar
Chief Redskin Chief Redskin is offline
Scalper
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Richmond
Posts: 639
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhhorus View Post
Then challenge it. But realize that if the arbitrator rules that the skins did circumvent the cap(but the punishment wasn't allowed), the "win" could be worse then just taking the cap reductions
You may be right. However, there is a saying that you don't bite the hand that feeds you. The Cowboys and Redskins are the two most valuable franchises in the NFL. Moreover, Jerry Jones and Daniel Snyder have done more to increase the revenue generated for the NFL than any other owners in the NFL in recent history. This is a fact that should not be ignored. I believe Snyder and Jones will try to resolve the dispute peacefully without causing damage to the structure of the NFL. However, they may be motivated to take assertive action if the other owners do not make concessions regarding this unjust punishment. The NFL and its owners should have treated Snyder and Jones with more respect.
__________________
Every day you waste is one you can never make up. - George Allen
Reply With Quote

  #58  
Old 03-23-2012, 08:28 PM
cal_junior's Avatar
cal_junior cal_junior is offline
Great Spirit
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 13,009
Default

Can one of the mods start a thread about the Skins/Boys cap penalty? Maybe something like this:

http://www.hailredskins.com/vbforum/...ad.php?t=54038
__________________
"Back up off me, bro."
Reply With Quote

  #59  
Old 03-23-2012, 10:24 PM
skinsfan36's Avatar
skinsfan36 skinsfan36 is offline
Spirit
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: hagerstown,maryland
Posts: 9,279
Default

If we really are planning to no sign any free agent guards,rt,cb,fs then I hoPe shanny is planning to gather more picks in round 3 thru 5. It wouldn't be a bad idea to offer atogwe a cheap deal to return imo either because where can we get a free safety? The draft is pretty weak at safety especially free safety
__________________
twitter handle=skinsfanjw21
shaw for 2014 head coach
Reply With Quote

  #60  
Old 03-24-2012, 11:34 AM
akhhorus's Avatar
akhhorus akhhorus is offline
hR Staff Writer
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Monty Burns County
Posts: 61,242
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keino View Post
On what legal basis would an Arbitrator consider more than the 4 corners of the governing document (CBA) of the league? Businesses are allowed to rely upon the written rules of their industry, especially when they have been collectively bargained for with labor.
The league will say that the union and them agreed to change the CBA(which they did without announcing it) to punish teams that did that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Redskin View Post
You may be right. However, there is a saying that you don't bite the hand that feeds you. The Cowboys and Redskins are the two most valuable franchises in the NFL. Moreover, Jerry Jones and Daniel Snyder have done more to increase the revenue generated for the NFL than any other owners in the NFL in recent history. This is a fact that should not be ignored. I believe Snyder and Jones will try to resolve the dispute peacefully without causing damage to the structure of the NFL. However, they may be motivated to take assertive action if the other owners do not make concessions regarding this unjust punishment. The NFL and its owners should have treated Snyder and Jones with more respect.
I'd like to see some figures about that. Snyder/Jones might have the most valuable franchises in the NFL(maybe), but in terms of revenue generated I'd bet that they're not even top ten(Dallas maybe with their new stadium). Nothing compares to TV ratings though.
__________________
Thanks for everything Johnny White Guy.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:15 AM.


vBulletin skin developed by: eXtremepixels
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
| Home | Register | FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Today's Posts | Search | New Posts |