Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > the Cherokee Redskins Tribe > Seneca Hospitality Forum

Old 12-20-2010, 08:40 AM
Papoose

My friends call me JT, my closest friends call me other names I can't post here.

I'm at the age now that I start to lie about it. Ive been a Redskins fan since I could say Wedskins. I didn't jump on the Panther Bandwagon.

I grew up in Robeson County, N.C. (Near Redsprings). Am a proud Tuscarora Tribe mute. (Grandma married a white man) It is what it is. My 2 dogs are mutes too.

I now live in Wilmington, N.C. with my lovely wife.

I've been in broadcasting since 1974 and boy have things changed and not for the better either.

After experiencing the Dan Snyder owned and moderated site for a few years, I found their bias and Superiority Complex to be more than I can tolerate. Of course when I called them on it. I was banned for 7 days. I won't go back and I'm sure thats exactly their intent.

Hail Redskins!

Last edited by REDSKYNYRD : 12-20-2010 at 08:58 AM.

Old 12-20-2010, 12:18 PM
Brave

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKYNYRD View Post
My friends call me JT, my closest friends call me other names I can't post here.

I'm at the age now that I start to lie about it. Ive been a Redskins fan since I could say Wedskins. I didn't jump on the Panther Bandwagon.

I grew up in Robeson County, N.C. (Near Redsprings). Am a proud Tuscarora Tribe mute. (Grandma married a white man) It is what it is. My 2 dogs are mutes too.

I've been in broadcasting since 1974 and boy have things changed and not for the better either.

After experiencing the Dan Snyder owned and moderated site for a few years, I found their bias and Superiority Complex to be more than I can tolerate. Of course when I called them on it. I was banned for 7 days. I won't go back and I'm sure thats exactly their intent.

Hail Redskins!
Hi JT:

I grew up in St. Paul's, so I thought give you a former Robeson County white man hello. I hated the Red Srings Red Devils almost as much as them damn cowboyz LOL. Being a Redskin has been a family tradition for almost 80 years. I, too wish Snyder would go away, and would gladly throw him under the Panther Bandwagon if I could.

Hail Redskins!

Old 12-20-2010, 01:07 PM
hR Owner

Welcome to hR JT. Hope you enjoy the site.

Quote:

Hail Redskins!

Old 12-20-2010, 06:34 PM
Papoose

Quote:
Originally Posted by GibbsFan View Post
Hi JT:

I grew up in St. Paul's, so I thought give you a former Robeson County white man hello. I hated the Red Srings Red Devils almost as much as them damn cowboyz LOL. Being a Redskin has been a family tradition for almost 80 years. I, too wish Snyder would go away, and would gladly throw him under the Panther Bandwagon if I could.

Hail Redskins!
Thank you GibbsFan and CarMike for the welcome.

Good Ole' St. Pauls. Blink on I-95 and you'll miss it. I often tell people that I'm a Redneck from Red Springs and Redskins Fan till the day I die.

Old 12-20-2010, 06:46 PM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:

Hail Redskins!
Nice to meet you, JT. Welcome to hR. We all look forward to hearing your thoughts on the team and everything else under the sun up here.
The one disappointment of the off-season housecleaning that brought Allen and Shanahan here is that they didn't part ways with Larry Michael as well. He is a prominent and unavoidable symbol of the horrible way Snyder and Cerrator ran this team in the past. Moving on to a new era of Redskins football, on and off the field, should have meant severing ties with him as well.

Old 12-21-2010, 06:04 PM
Papoose

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurgundyNGold View Post
Nice to meet you, JT. Welcome to hR. We all look forward to hearing your thoughts on the team and everything else under the sun up here.
Thanks BurgundyNGold. If the Redskins are playing, I'm watching the game unless something more important comes up. I've turned down many of fishing trips here on the coast because the game was on.

Old 01-23-2011, 10:02 AM
Papoose

Default New Member

Hi Everyone, I am a new member and I am looking forward to your opinions and posts. I have already read most of them while waiting on the registration process.

About myself:

Mariied yes
3 beautiful kids grown and on their own... Yay !
Reside in Yorktown, VA
Redskin fan since I was a Kid AKa Billy Kilmer era
Grandson: Brayden. The first thing he heard after the cord was cut was hail to the Redskins.
Season Ticket Holde
Age 44
Major Cowboy Hater !!
Its a pleasure to be on board

Old 01-25-2011, 04:44 PM
hR Owner

Welcome aboard redskyn1, glad to have you. We have a good group of members here and you'll find all kinds of opinions around too.

Old 01-26-2011, 06:10 PM
Papoose

Thank You ! I have enjoyed the post and all the knowledge that all the members provide

Old 02-15-2011, 09:13 AM
HR's Mom

Quote:

Hail Redskins!
I'm only the second generation in 10 that was not born in Robeson County, NC. My Dad's folks come from the Lumberton area. Went to school at UNCW and my family lives on Carolina Beach, we're probably related lol!

Last edited by AGibbsGirl : 02-15-2011 at 03:43 PM.

Old 02-15-2011, 09:15 AM
HR's Mom

Welcome to our newest posters!

Old 03-26-2012, 05:37 PM
Great Spirit

Name: Jeff Kirkpatrick
Live: Chambersburg PA
Married: Yes. 10 years (1994)
Children: Daughter (Lisa 10)
Love/Hate Job?: HATE
Pets: cat Bootsie
Graduated: 1989, Chambersburg
College?: of hard knocks

Hobbies: Helping my daughters softball team, PS2 and not much else as far as spare time goes

Redskins Fan Since: 78
Most Remembered Moment: Visiting RFK for the first time and seeing the Skins thump the Cards
Fav REDSKIN of all time: Ken Harvey
Runner Up: Darrell Green
Fav Current Redskin: Jon Jansen
Runner Up: Fred Smoot
Fav Baseball Team: Phillies
Fav NBA Team: 76ers
FAV College Football Team: The Vols!

Reason for Screen name: Ken Harvey's biggest fan

Thumbs up/Thumbs Down to Snyder: Up for now
Worst Snyder Move: hiring Spurrier
Best Snyder Move: Hiring Gibbs

Name: Jeff Kirkpatrick
Live: Mont Alto PA
Married: Not any more.
Children: Daughter (Lisa 18) Step son Brandon 17, step daughter Hannah 13
Love/Hate Job?: like
Pets: cats Bootsie, Bella, Tiger and a dumb poodle Boo Boo
Graduated: 1989, Chambersburg
College?: Attending Penn State

Hobbies: Helping my daughters softball team, college classes, and not much else as far as spare time goes

Redskins Fan Since: 78
Most Remembered Moment: Visiting RFK for the first time and seeing the Skins thump the Cards
Fav REDSKIN of all time: Ken Harvey
Runner Up: Darrell Green
Fav Current Redskin: RG3 hopefully.
Runner Up: Kerrigan
Fav Baseball Team: Phillies
Fav NBA Team: 76ers
FAV College Football Team: The Vols!

Reason for Screen name: Ken Harvey's biggest fan

Thumbs up/Thumbs Down to Snyder: even for now
Worst Snyder Move: hiring Spurrier
Best Snyder Move: not sure at this point

Fun to look back at this from 8 years ago and a little sad

Old 04-02-2012, 07:16 PM
HR's Mom

Saw your update Jeff sorry about the "not any more" part. Crazy how things change. Your daughter was 10 when you originally posted. I've updated mine several times over the years, but it always seems out dated when it comes to the kids!

Old 04-07-2012, 12:56 AM
Great Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGibbsGirl View Post
Saw your update Jeff sorry about the "not any more" part. Crazy how things change. Your daughter was 10 when you originally posted. I've updated mine several times over the years, but it always seems out dated when it comes to the kids!

Trust me. the "not any more" is a good thing...lol. Lisa is almost 19, Hard to believe but true. seems just yesterday she was just a little one. heck I am starting our 14th season playing softball.... makes me sad.....but very proud of her

Last edited by Skins57 : 04-07-2012 at 01:01 AM.

Old 08-10-2012, 06:46 AM
Banned

I had put together several paragraphs about myself and why I have joined, but was asked to log in again and the content was lost (due to a mistake on my part). Perhaps another time... but probably not. e; What I'm having trouble with is adding a custom avatar. Can someone assist me? Anyway, I'm excited about joining this community and look forward to the discussion.