Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > Navajo ALL NFL Tribe

Old 04-05-2012, 07:07 PM
hR Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGREDSKINSFAN1963 View Post
I'm not reaching on anything.Joe Gibbs did'nt get to be the man he is without having some idea what was going on around him.I Love the guy,got more respect for him than i do any coach in history except maybe lombardi,but i am telling you he had to have heard rumblings of something going on.The Guy is a genius,he got that way by knowing how far he could push his players and his coaches.he may have not known 100%,but he had to suspect something,especially with tattletails like greg blache on the team.
Heard rumblings from who exactly. The players and coaches kept this to themselves. I believe it was reported it was leaked by a player. In Gibbs 2nd stint, he gave Gregg Williams total control of the defense and made him assistant head coach. You are simply trying to rationalize that Gibbs knew and you shouldn't.

Last edited by hail2skins : 04-10-2012 at 05:00 PM.

Old 04-05-2012, 10:12 PM
Spirit

after this id be suprised if williams even got a college gig. as for gibbs knowing i doubt he did. he let gw have total control over the defense to[i] the point where he signed arch deluxe and started a game with ten men on the field without gibbs knowing

Old 04-06-2012, 09:45 AM
Code Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhhorus View Post
Gregg should go ahead and take the first college gig he's offered. He's never coming back to the NFL.
He'll never coach again in the NFL and I doubt anyone at any college would want their name asscociated with Gregg Williams.

Old 04-06-2012, 09:48 AM
Medicine Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by hail2skins View Post
Heard rumblings from who exactly. The players and coaches kept this to themselves. It believe it was reported it was leaked by a player. In Gibbs 2nd stint, he gave Gregg Williams total control of the defense and made him assistant head coach. You are simply trying to rationalize that Gibbs knew and you shouldn't.
Agreed. Remember the 10 men on D tribute after ST passed? That was a Gregg Williams thing and Gibbs didn't now about that. Williams did it on his own. I think most players say that most head coaches, depending on the background, spend the majority of their time with either the offense or defense. For example Gibbs spent most of this time with the offense. Ex Eagle coach Buddy Ryan, spent most of the time with the defense.

Deeds, not Words

Before the Audio
Old 04-06-2012, 09:52 AM
Code Talker

Default Before the Audio

Much of this was speculation as to wether the bounties were for clean and legal hits that lead to a player being knocked out of a game. Before the audio I could see a pathway for Gregg Williams back into coaching in the NFL. The audio sounds like an FBI plant at a mob meeting. It's bad. It's real damning evidence and it's quite clear Gregg Williams didn't care if the hits were legal or not. In fact it's quite clear he was asking his players to cheat and go for the head. I wouldn't want this man to ever see a football sideline again at any level.

Old 04-06-2012, 11:25 AM
Ghost Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorimike View Post
Much of this was speculation as to wether the bounties were for clean and legal hits that lead to a player being knocked out of a game. Before the audio I could see a pathway for Gregg Williams back into coaching in the NFL. The audio sounds like an FBI plant at a mob meeting. It's bad. It's real damning evidence and it's quite clear Gregg Williams didn't care if the hits were legal or not. In fact it's quite clear he was asking his players to cheat and go for the head. I wouldn't want this man to ever see a football sideline again at any level.
I agree with this. What is really shocking is that Williams is talking in a precise, business-like manner. This wasn't a coach firing up his guys - in the sections I heard, I never heard anyone other than Williams make a sound.

I wonder whether there will be any legal action over this. Assuming Pamphilon assigned the copyright in the recordings to Gleason, Gleason could sue (apparently he is not happy about the leak).

Old 04-06-2012, 01:28 PM
Chief

Quote:
Heard rumblings from who exactly. The players and coaches kept this to themselves. It believe it was reported it was leaked by a player. In Gibbs 2nd stint, he gave Gregg Williams total control of the defense and made him assistant head coach. You are simply trying to rationalize that Gibbs knew and you shouldn't.
I Am not trying to rationalize anything,i'm just stating that coach gibbs is way too smart to have not figured out that this happened.He may have not put it together while he was coaching,but i bet he eventually figured out it was happening.Why do you think that Snyder did not hire Williams?He was the best canidate for the job,would have kept the coaching staff in place,and he would have won more games than zorn did,yet he did'nt get hired,why do you think that is?

Quote:
after this id be suprised if williams even got a college gig.
I Would'nt hire him to coach a high school with all the crap he was saying,would you?He may face some legal charges before this is over,and i bet the IRS crawls up his ass with a microscope just for intimidation if for nothing else. He may end up coaching some semi pro jail league somewhere,but that is about it!

Forgiveness is the fragrance the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it."
—Mark Twain

“If you want to walk the heavenly streets of gold, you gotta know the password, “Roll, Tide, Roll!”

Paul"Bear"Bryant

Old 04-07-2012, 02:16 AM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinskins View Post
I agree with this. What is really shocking is that Williams is talking in a precise, business-like manner. This wasn't a coach firing up his guys - in the sections I heard, I never heard anyone other than Williams make a sound.

I wonder whether there will be any legal action over this. Assuming Pamphilon assigned the copyright in the recordings to Gleason, Gleason could sue (apparently he is not happy about the leak).
Yes given what Gleason is going through, this is a pretty dreadful breach of trust on Pamphilon's part.

Old 04-07-2012, 09:32 AM
Chief

Being that it went on in new orleans 3 seasons,and the saints knew about it in 2010,sean payton and loomis had to know it was still happening there,in my view.the league told them to stop in 2010,and they kept on doing it.there is no way goodell cuts down their suspensions,they had to know it was still happening.that's why they let williams leave after last season.

—Mark Twain

“If you want to walk the heavenly streets of gold, you gotta know the password, “Roll, Tide, Roll!”

Paul"Bear"Bryant

Old 04-09-2012, 12:12 AM
Medicine Man

Quote:
I Am not trying to rationalize anything,i'm just stating that coach gibbs is way too smart to have not figured out that this happened.He may have not put it together while he was coaching,but i bet he eventually figured out it was happening.Why do you think that Snyder did not hire Williams?He was the best canidate for the job,would have kept the coaching staff in place,and he would have won more games than zorn did,yet he did'nt get hired,why do you think that is?
Even smart head hanchos don't know everything that's going on within their organization. Its very likely Gibbs did not know what was going on.

Old 04-10-2012, 04:48 PM
Warrior

I thought the sanctions on the Saints was pretty harsh until I heard this recording.

Old 04-13-2012, 09:40 AM
Chief

I Hear guys on tv saying gregg williams will never coach in the nfl again,well if some owner and head coach want to win bad enough,he'll get his chance to coach again in the NFL.When you lose enough,desperation sets in,and winning solves all your problems in the nfl!

—Mark Twain

Paul"Bear"Bryant

Old 04-13-2012, 10:06 AM
Healer

Quote:
I Hear guys on tv saying gregg williams will never coach in the nfl again,well if some owner and head coach want to win bad enough,he'll get his chance to coach again in the NFL.When you lose enough,desperation sets in,and winning solves all your problems in the nfl!
Unfortunately, there will be a league investigation about any big hit or injury caused by any player on a Gregg William's coached defense.

I.m sure there will also be a few lawsuits filed by ex NFL playeres who suspect their careers were ended prematurely as a result of his bounty system.

Old 04-17-2012, 10:23 AM
Chief

GW could still face criminal charges and charges by the IRS if they really want to push this thing.heard he's going to help out the tornado victims in kansas,missouri,and ohio from this past weekends killer storms.

—Mark Twain

Paul"Bear"Bryant

Old 04-17-2012, 11:02 AM
Chief Moderator

The NFL is very forgiving. They welcomed Vick back and they will likely welcome Gregg back as well some day.

What Williams did was very terrible; and the timing is not good for him due to the 1,100 -person civil suit the retired players are constructing against the league due to concussions.

But I still see a day in which Gregg is coaching again. Never as a Head Coach, but definitely as assistant or even DC. Wrong or right; I think the NFL is willing to give 2nd changes. (and sometimes 3rd or 4th chances)