Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > the Cherokee Redskins Tribe

Old 04-16-2012, 06:02 PM
Sachem

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunBunch5 View Post
Doesn't Lee fill that roll? I think we need a guard, which I think we will pick up with our 3rd or 4th.
Pretty sure that NOBODY wants him to start 16 games. He's projected to add depth. I think we need to Upgrade from Brown- not not bring in a meh player that's not even as good as Brown, who's injury prone.

Old 04-17-2012, 12:01 AM
Great Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCSkinzFan View Post
Pretty sure that NOBODY wants him to start 16 games. He's projected to add depth. I think we need to Upgrade from Brown- not not bring in a meh player that's not even as good as Brown, who's injury prone.
If you're looking for an OT with one of the team's first two picks (after RGIII) I think you'll end up disappointed.

At least one of them will be an ILB, I think.

Old 04-17-2012, 12:36 AM
Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal_junior View Post
If you're looking for an OT with one of the team's first two picks (after RGIII) I think you'll end up disappointed.

At least one of them will be an ILB, I think.
I have to respectfully disagree. we just made the NFL biggest trade ever to get a franchise QB who we hope will bring glory to the B & G for a decade or more.
Our #1 draft pick at OT is one puff away from a years suspension. The other OT may or may not be recovered from his injuries, and he's older. I believe that unless he does poorly in the PS, RGIII will start in game one, first play from scrimmage. Seriously, do you think that Shanahan Sr wants to see his rookie QB running for his life in game one? Shanahan and more importantly his SON are tied to RGIII's future. If RG3 gets banged up bad because the team ignores the OL AGAIN, then I will be holding CYNSKins torch as the Redskin nation storms the fortress looking for someone to burn.

Old 04-17-2012, 05:50 AM
Great Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by colkurtz View Post
I have to respectfully disagree. we just made the NFL biggest trade ever to get a franchise QB who we hope will bring glory to the B & G for a decade or more.
Our #1 draft pick at OT is one puff away from a years suspension. The other OT may or may not be recovered from his injuries, and he's older. I believe that unless he does poorly in the PS, RGIII will start in game one, first play from scrimmage. Seriously, do you think that Shanahan Sr wants to see his rookie QB running for his life in game one? Shanahan and more importantly his SON are tied to RGIII's future. If RG3 gets banged up bad because the team ignores the OL AGAIN, then I will be holding CYNSKins torch as the Redskin nation storms the fortress looking for someone to burn.
ILB is a bigger need.

Old 04-17-2012, 11:20 AM
Healer

Somewhat OT:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...nAOT_blog.html
Lo Alexander becoming the primary backup @ ILB. I think someone alluded to this earlier. Makes sense LA doesn't have the athleticism for OLB.

Old 04-17-2012, 12:05 PM
Healer

Don't mind that. I like what Lorenzo has brought to this team.

Old 04-17-2012, 12:21 PM
Grumpy Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinnpegSkinsFan View Post
Somewhat OT:
Lo Alexander becoming the primary backup @ ILB. I think someone alluded to this earlier. Makes sense LA doesn't have the athleticism for OLB.
been saying that for years.. he has the size to be an impact player at ILB. also has the head for the position as he is a very quick study

Old 04-17-2012, 12:22 PM
Medicine Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinnpegSkinsFan View Post
Somewhat OT:
I can see that, wouldnt surprise me to see him used as a "gunner" from ILB..just crash the line

Old 04-17-2012, 12:27 PM
Grumpy Old Man

also, i think this also says that they want to keep both Jackson and White as reserves at OLB.. by moving Lo inside, we could potentially keep all three

this is about keeping the best 53 players for the roster and makes a lot of sense.. also, probably means we are NOT going to sign Goff for depth or as a possible replacement eventually for Fletcher.. we could still take a player like Carder late in the draft because I expect we will likely keep 4 ILB on the roster

Old 04-17-2012, 12:36 PM
Great Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by shally View Post
we could still take a player like Carder late in the draft because I expect we will likely keep 4 ILB on the roster
This. We need to be grooming somebody talented (i.e. third or fourth rounder) to replace Fletch. ILB is a position that needs at least a full year of learning before we can expect somebody to be an effective starter.

Old 04-18-2012, 04:43 PM
Shaman

Quote:
This. We need to be grooming somebody talented (i.e. third or fourth rounder) to replace Fletch. ILB is a position that needs at least a full year of learning before we can expect somebody to be an effective starter.

I agree. Alexander was quoted in the WashPost as saying he welcomes the move to backup and learn from Fletcher, and then take over when London retires. But, the reality is probably that by the time Fletcher retires, Alexander will be looked upon as being too old himself. It is time to to draft an ILB or two to groom.

In this regard, what do you think of:

Mychal Kendricks (3rd round)
Tank Carder (4th/5th round)
Jerry Franklin (6th round)
Marcus Dotwin (7th round)
Noah Keller (7th round)

Old 04-18-2012, 11:54 PM
Spirit

Quote:
ILB is a bigger need.
L. Alexander. Shanahan's future is tied to developing RGIII into a top 5 franchise QB. Ignoring the OL problems for another year could stunt or kill that growth (like the Rams). And if RG3 fails because of a crappy, porous or no-depth OL both Shanahan's could be fired.

Bringing in Alexander, the working man Redskin, tells me that they don't consider it as an area of critical need.